Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Riding Plans for 2017?  (Read 5610 times)

ST1300Rider
Old Phart

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: 2013 R1200 GS LC, '87 Honda XL600V
GPS: Eastern Slope of the Alberta Rocky Mountains
Miles Typed: 691

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2017, 01:04:31 pm »

In for Bubba's run.  Bigok

And this just came in the mail.

Banana Chili Beerchug

Leaving May 19th.

Trying to simplify my life a bit I've amalgamated most of my family/friends updates, social media responsibilities, travel stuff, photos, daily musings etc., by way of a Blog. If anyone is interested in my neophyte efforts,Linky Feel free to leave comments but be gentle... It is my first time.  

Not to turn into "that other thread" but this pretty much drains the riding budget. No US trips this year.  Wink

"In the end, its about the ride. Not the siren songs of the farkles." AugustFalcon on ADVRiders.

https://wendeltrees.ca/wordpress/
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Oxblood

Reputation 18

Motorcycles: 2016 VStrom 1000
GPS: Vancouver, BC
Miles Typed: 1108

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2017, 01:33:38 pm »

Going riding in Croatia? Cool! Colour me green with envy!

So far I have the WCRM in Weaverville planned (June 9 to 11), and the Borscht, Burn, Weenie Roast planned. Might do one more trip in the fall.
motrhead
Travellin' Soul

Reputation 25

Motorcycles: '03 Guzzi V11 LeMans, ‘08 Ulysses, '07 Norge , XT350
GPS: BC, Canada
Miles Typed: 1137

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2017, 12:16:35 pm »

Well...my plans all changed this week! Crazy I had bad heartburn on Tuesday night, again during the day at work Wednesday, and woke up in pain in the wee hours Thursday AM. Long story short, it was a small heart attack!  EEK!   Monday I went for an angiogram which turned into angioplasty, and I now have two stents. I feel better already!
 I've been denying the warning signs for a year and a half, as some of us stubborn men do.
 I have some more blockage, but that will be medication managed. I am so glad that I was near a hospital, and had good, quick care. I got a top end rebuild just short of the 52K mile mark! I guess I have been living more like a Ducati than a Moto Guzzi! Bigsmile.
 I still have a lot of living and loving to do do with my girlfriend and kids, and for this year part of that is going to mean no epic multi-week journeys! My Alaska trip is cancelled for this year, but we still plan to do lots of weekend rides , and we will be at the Borscht Burn! I guess Alaska will wait...

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference. -Robert Frost
Advertisement

Oxblood

Reputation 18

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2017, 12:44:32 pm »

Well...my plans all changed this week! Crazy I had bad heartburn on Tuesday night, again during the day at work Wednesday, and woke up in pain in the wee hours Thursday AM. Long story short, it was a small heart attack!  EEK!   Monday I went for an angiogram which turned into angioplasty, and I now have two stents. I feel better already!
 I've been denying the warning signs for a year and a half, as some of us stubborn men do.
 I have some more blockage, but that will be medication managed. I am so glad that I was near a hospital, and had good, quick care. I got a top end rebuild just short of the 52K mile mark! I guess I have been living more like a Ducati than a Moto Guzzi! Bigsmile.
 I still have a lot of living and loving to do do with my girlfriend and kids, and for this year part of that is going to mean no epic multi-week journeys! My Alaska trip is cancelled for this year, but we still plan to do lots of weekend rides , and we will be at the Borscht Burn! I guess Alaska will wait...

Whoa, Dean! Dang, I am sorry to hear about your recent misfortune, and equally glad to hear that you are recovering. It is a shame you have had to cancel the Alaska trip. Take care, and see you in July at the Borscht Burn Weenie Roast.
motrhead
Travellin' Soul

Reputation 25

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2017, 01:38:43 pm »

Thanks! Funny thing is, I am not in bad shape physically. I can jump on an exercise bike and blast out fifteen minutes or more no problem any time. I can hike. I really thought I was much further from a heart attack! Working two jobs, moving, lack of sleep, and some extra stress last weekend seem to have done it.
 I plan to be riding the Buell next week, and after a service will license the Norge. We are taking the Norge camping at the coast end of July as well. Lots of camping and relaxing planned this year!

Oxblood

Reputation 18

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2017, 03:51:41 pm »

Thanks! Funny thing is, I am not in bad shape physically. I can jump on an exercise bike and blast out fifteen minutes or more no problem any time. I can hike. I really thought I was much further from a heart attack! Working two jobs, moving, lack of sleep, and some extra stress last weekend seem to have done it.
 I plan to be riding the Buell next week, and after a service will license the Norge. We are taking the Norge camping at the coast end of July as well. Lots of camping and relaxing planned this year!

Well,I am happy to hear that you are, other than the trifling heart attack, well. Send me a note when you head to the Coast end of July. Time allowing, I'd love to join you for a short ride while you are down this way.
Blue is Best
Light is right

Reputation 267

Motorcycles: 2012 FJR1300 2020 GSX-S1000
GPS: Rio Rancho, NM
Miles Typed: 3299

My Photo Gallery

Blue motorcycles are fastest

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2017, 08:46:48 pm »

Dean, I am sorry to hear of your "episode". Sounds like you will recover quickly.

Maybe some of the stress is related to your having too many bikes. I can sure take that RZ350 off your hands. You know I've been trying to think of a way to steal it from you for a couple of years now.

Another Dean

Past bikes: Dirt- '74 MX360, SC500 x 2, '77 YZ400, '78 YZ400, '83 CR250, '85 CR250, '86 CR250   
 Street- '74 S3400, H1500, '72 H2750 x 2, '78 GS1000C, GS1000EC x 2, '80 GS1000S, '00 1200 Bandit, '05 FJR1300, '07 ZX14, '16 1250 Bandit, '17 KTM SD GT
Blue is Best
Light is right

Reputation 267

Motorcycles: 2012 FJR1300 2020 GSX-S1000
GPS: Rio Rancho, NM
Miles Typed: 3299

My Photo Gallery

Blue motorcycles are fastest

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2017, 08:49:11 pm »

I didn't have specific plans, except to ride more since my wife has been sick the last 4 summers.  After a particularly bad winter, it looks like I will be riding less than I have been.  Her cancer has returned and I have shoulder surgery scheduled for April 20.

Maybe we can ride by late summer.  

Not sure how this got skipped by me but I have said a prayer for you and your wife. Both of you heal completely.

Past bikes: Dirt- '74 MX360, SC500 x 2, '77 YZ400, '78 YZ400, '83 CR250, '85 CR250, '86 CR250   
 Street- '74 S3400, H1500, '72 H2750 x 2, '78 GS1000C, GS1000EC x 2, '80 GS1000S, '00 1200 Bandit, '05 FJR1300, '07 ZX14, '16 1250 Bandit, '17 KTM SD GT
Oilhed
MarkF

Reputation 22

Motorcycles: 2009 BMW K1200LT (trunkless)
GPS: Connecticut
Miles Typed: 1873

My Photo Gallery

MarkF

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2017, 08:57:56 am »

Well...my plans all changed this week! Crazy I had bad heartburn on Tuesday night, again during the day at work Wednesday, and woke up in pain in the wee hours Thursday AM.
Long story short, it was a small heart attack!

I guess I have been living more like a Ducati than a Moto Guzzi! Bigsmile.

Holly sh#@!  My grandmother died from a massive heart attack on Christmas day with a pocketbook full of Rolaids.  Glad you got a warning.

So does that mean you'll be buying a new Guzzi?

MarkF

new bike - BMW K1200LT & old bikes - BMW R1150GS, Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Yammie TW200, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
motrhead
Travellin' Soul

Reputation 25

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2017, 10:08:26 am »

Dean, I am sorry to hear of your "episode". Sounds like you will recover quickly.

Maybe some of the stress is related to your having too many bikes. I can sure take that RZ350 off your hands. You know I've been trying to think of a way to steal it from you for a couple of years now.

Another Dean

I am feeling pretty good. Thanks. I think I will risk keeping the bikes, including the RZ! I did downsize by 3 bikes...so I probably still have room for one more...(the n+1 formula for the necessary number of bikes still works... Lol)

motrhead
Travellin' Soul

Reputation 25

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2017, 10:20:54 am »

Holly sh#@!  My grandmother died from a massive heart attack on Christmas day with a pocketbook full of Rolaids.  Glad you got a warning.

So does that mean you'll be buying a new Guzzi?

The weird thing is, a handful of Tums would relieve the symptoms for a while, and then another handful would again...but by then I knew it wasn't heartburn. Sad
 In retrospect, I believe I had an earlier incident about a month ago at my old job. I convinced everyone it was horrible heartburn, but took aspirin with the antacid just in case. Number one rule: if you don't know, have aspirin just in case. I convinced a very good first aid attendant that I was okay. I'm a dumbass!  
 No new Guzzi yet, but I wouldn't mind! LOL. My Norge is still pretty new to me. I haven't really sat down and let the "dodged a bullet/ new lease on life" idea sink in yet.

Canuck

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: 2014 Triumph Tiger 800, 72 Bonneville, 69 Royal Enfield Interceptor
GPS: Saskatchewan Canada
Miles Typed: 786

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2017, 08:28:52 pm »

Glad to hear you are okay Dean. Keep on riding.

I had a bit of a scare three years ago, but it turned out not to be a heart attack. Phew.

One thing this will do is affect your ability to get travel medical insurance outside the country until you are "stable" in insurance company lingo, so if you have trips across the border plan, you should think twice. I found that out. Even though I did not have a heart attack, the fact that I was treated for the possibility of one meant no travel medical insurance for six months. You have to check around with the different insurance companies and read the fine print now. I found that CAA's is one of the best for people like us, but you'll still have to wait until you meet their definition of "stable", which is usually six months after any kind of related treatment or change in medication. For example after my incident they booked me for a stress test a few months later. Because I went for a stress test (on a treadmill), I then had to wait for another six months to be considered stable.

"Just like the sky, the road never ends." R. L. Castleman, Gravity
bubba zanetti
2009 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 16 Dr650.

Reputation 69

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
GPS: Kootenays British Columbia above the US eh ...eh?
Miles Typed: 6819

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2017, 12:54:26 pm »

Dean, very happy to hear you have caught this early with great results. Thanks for sharing this and encouraging others to not ignore early symptoms too !
 Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal