Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: iPhone app: Speed-controlled volume  (Read 2517 times)

SpitfireTriple

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Aprilia Futura, Triumph Daytona 900 & Thunderbird 900
GPS: Bristol UK
Miles Typed: 447

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: June 18, 2009, 04:23:20 am »

I don't have an iPhone, and haven't tried this, but read about it on http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10118718#post10118718.

http://www.alphaacid.com/adaptunes/

It was posted by an ADV member of nine month's standing with 45 posts.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 04:24:51 am by SpitfireTriple » Logged

15 countries in 40 days. Tanks, minefields, crashes and Kalashnikovs

Seek Truth
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

chornbe

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 09:45:33 am »

Nice feature. I use JVC air cushion ear phones on the bike with my iphone. I don't have to adjust the volume *too* often, but when I do, coming to a stop always leaves me wishing for an easier way to drop the volume.
evilted

Reputation 17

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Fun ones.
GPS: Atlanta, GA
Miles Typed: 810

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 10:25:38 am »

Looks interesting.  Think I will try this out in the car today.
Advertisement

Outlaw

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2007 ZX14
GPS: Utah...
Miles Typed: 399

My Photo Gallery

TACOs...give me TACOs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 02:41:36 pm »

Until AT&T  takes over Alltel I'm stuck with my current contract and BB curve But I want an iPhone. I wonder though if this will work with an iPod Touch for now.

"BETTER to be KING of the MOUNTAIN, then the FOOL on the HILL"

If you put your hands on my bike, I' ll make your birth  certificate a worthless document.  
motospeed9058

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 2005 Kawasaki Concours
GPS: Western Maryland
Miles Typed: 415

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 07:41:17 pm »

Until AT&T  takes over Alltel I'm stuck with my current contract and BB curve But I want an iPhone. I wonder though if this will work with an iPod Touch for now.

Doubt it will work with the touch.  It senses based on actual speed (at least according the link above).  Which would leave me to believe you would also need some sort of GPS app to determine speed, or it senses speed based on the signal movement.  Without the signal movement, MY GUESS would be it's not going to work, but I'm no engineer, just trying to think about it outloud.

"Keep the rubber side down"

"If you don't like what I have done, do it your damn self"  http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh79/outlaw9058/VisitedStatesMap.jpg
Xodus

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 04 919
GPS: Newark, De
Miles Typed: 185

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 09:42:08 pm »

So I just bought an Iphone and for $1.99 I couldn't pass this up... it works just like it says. It takes a little getting use to, but once you get the settings how you want it kicks ass...

I use to use an inline volume knob with my ipod and it worked well, but this is just so much easier. When you pull up to a stop you can actually talk to people if you need to and its not just blasting in your ears...

Well worth the $1.99  Thumbsup
molferen
n00b

Reputation 4

Motorcycles: 2008 Yamaha FJR 1300A
GPS: Lehigh Valley, PA
Miles Typed: 121

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 10:35:02 pm »

I used this app on a trip from PA to TN.  It works very well but is drains the iPhone battery in about 3 hours.  Coming home without the app installed i had 12+ hours of constant iPhone music playing and I had only used about half the battery charge.

@Xodus I'm curious to hear what your experience is with app and your battery.

What the heck is a molferen?
Xodus

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 04 919
GPS: Newark, De
Miles Typed: 185

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 06:29:33 am »

I used this app on a trip from PA to TN.  It works very well but is drains the iPhone battery in about 3 hours.  Coming home without the app installed i had 12+ hours of constant iPhone music playing and I had only used about half the battery charge.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I believe you may be right... I haven't done any really long trips using it, but I know at the end of the day my battery is almost dead...
Rincewind

Reputation 123

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Miles Typed: 13727

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 07:33:15 am »

Ouch to the battery drain.

If this app doesn't work with the iPod feature, then it isn't accessible w/o unlocking the screen.  My normal routine is to have the iPhone on my handlebar, so volume control is only a touch away, and the iPod feature is available by double-clicking the button, so it's easy.

With the new volume control on the iPhone 3GS headphone cord, volume control is pretty easy too.  I don't normally use that cord, but have found it to work pretty well in the past week or so of use while riding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal