Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: I hear Teiz MS is making a women's suit!  (Read 38746 times)

atadaskew

Reputation 155

Motorcycles: A Vethpa and thome other thcooter
GPS: Venice Beach, California.
Miles Typed: 11826

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 03:15:21 PM »

Full custom woman's textile suit, fully featured, for $900.

How's that not a deal?
Who else offers that?

Who are we kidding here, if they made it as a regular production model the demand is so small (just the vocal few IMO of which some still wouldn't buy it) that Teiz would lose money on it.

Think about how many different jacket/pant combos are in your closets, none of which fit quite right.  Bet that stuff all adds up.

I'm hip about time, I just gotta go.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

allwedrrider
Ghazi

Reputation 5

Motorcycles: 2005 r1200gs
Miles Typed: 352

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 10:37:47 AM »

Full custom woman's textile suit, fully featured, for $900.

How's that not a deal?
Who else offers that?

Thumbsup

Ok folks, we are accepting orders now... Just us a call at 888-808-8349 if have any questions!

Teiz Motorsports
#1 Rated Riding Gear
www.teizms.com
stefrrr

Reputation 7

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: Only one
GPS: At the bottom of a hill with a name
Miles Typed: 6584

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 12:19:39 PM »

I was hoping for something similar in price to your men's suit. If I were in the market for a custom suit, I'd consider this - but like I said from the beginning, I'm not looking for a custom suit. I'd like a reasonably priced, waterproof one-piece suit (that's a good niche in the market - one your men's suits fit well).

Tourmaster makes women's pants for $137 that fit great. I already have those and a jacket. I'd like one piece, but it's not worthwhile to spend four times as much for a one-piece as my current two-piece waterproof cost.

You make a women's suit the same as mens. You get a general proportion that will approximately fit most women. You then extrapolate that proportion to extend to a range of women's sizes. That's what I'm looking for right now, not a custom suit for almost $1k.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 12:34:42 PM by stefrrr » Logged
Advertisement

allwedrrider
Ghazi

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 09:34:13 PM »

........ You make a women's suit the same as mens. You get a general proportion that will approximately fit most women. You then extrapolate that proportion to extend to a range of women's sizes. That's what I'm looking for right now, not a custom suit for almost $1k.

Sadly that idea wont work here. Even with 2 piece stuff that is a problem, forget about 1 piece suit.. there would too many variations. consider this:

For men, we already have 11 standard sizes. Almost every day we get an email asking us to introduce short sizes. Lets say, we add 4 short sizes, 4XL-Short, 3XL-Short, 2XL-Shortl, XL-Short. Thats 15 sizes.  

Imagine we (or even a dealer) has to stock 15 suits just for reference. Not even getting to color variations. What if still you would rather have sleeves another inch longer/shorter..  With women, the size variations would be greater.

There is a reason why companies much much much larger than us with exponentially more capital at hand would not delve in to such a venture. They barely are able to justify financials for 2 piece women garments.  As a result .. there is a lack of gear in shops.. and women complain...  We already know that the market for this stuff is limited.. yet we are offering this gear not so that it can be a cash cow  but just so that we can do something for the women in motorcycling... The effort should be supported to make a case for this sort of gear, so it can show up more and more in stores near you..... As the volumes go up, costs will come down....  

I know that to some the price may seem high... but... if you don't support the Revolution suit (or similar products from any brand), then how do you expect  change in the industry.. How will any company be convinced that women are serious about this stuff, we need to give them serious gear with some mature choices...

Undoubtedly, there are women riders out there who understand this and have expressed great support. For those who need/want something like this, Revolution is the only choice.  For the rest, there may be  black / pink choices that "will approximately fit ". A standard size women's  1 piece suit is something that I simply can not envision... unless a big (loaded) brand decides to "sink" a lot of cash into this.. and nobody likes to lose money right.....

So yes the price may be higher than what you expected... or initially wanted to spend.... but i urge you all to reconsider all aspects of the matter.. the color choice, the exact fit, the upgraded armor and materials... and most importantly: support this so more products like it are introduced...

Lastly, please stop comparing it to our mens suit. We are going to be introducing a mens suit with similar specs very soon. the price will be similar to the Revolution..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 09:50:34 PM by allwedrrider » Logged

Teiz Motorsports
#1 Rated Riding Gear
www.teizms.com
stefrrr

Reputation 7

Motorcycles: Only one
GPS: At the bottom of a hill with a name
Miles Typed: 6584

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 10:33:23 PM »

Sadly that idea wont work here. Even with 2 piece stuff that is a problem, forget about 1 piece suit.. there would too many variations. consider this:

For men, we already have 11 standard sizes. Almost every day we get an email asking us to introduce short sizes. Lets say, we add 4 short sizes, 4XL-Short, 3XL-Short, 2XL-Shortl, XL-Short. Thats 15 sizes.  

Imagine we (or even a dealer) has to stock 15 suits just for reference. Not even getting to color variations. What if still you would rather have sleeves another inch longer/shorter..  With women, the size variations would be greater.

There is a reason why companies much much much larger than us with exponentially more capital at hand would not delve in to such a venture. They barely are able to justify financials for 2 piece women garments.  As a result .. there is a lack of gear in shops.. and women complain...  We already know that the market for this stuff is limited.. yet we are offering this gear not so that it can be a cash cow  but just so that we can do something for the women in motorcycling... The effort should be supported to make a case for this sort of gear, so it can show up more and more in stores near you..... As the volumes go up, costs will come down....  

I know that to some the price may seem high... but... if you don't support the Revolution suit (or similar products from any brand), then how do you expect  change in the industry.. How will any company be convinced that women are serious about this stuff, we need to give them serious gear with some mature choices...

Undoubtedly, there are women riders out there who understand this and have expressed great support. For those who need/want something like this, Revolution is the only choice.  For the rest, there may be  black / pink choices that "will approximately fit ". A standard size women's  1 piece suit is something that I simply can not envision... unless a big (loaded) brand decides to "sink" a lot of cash into this.. and nobody likes to lose money right.....

So yes the price may be higher than what you expected... or initially wanted to spend.... but i urge you all to reconsider all aspects of the matter.. the color choice, the exact fit, the upgraded armor and materials... and most importantly: support this so more products like it are introduced...

Lastly, please stop comparing it to our mens suit. We are going to be introducing a mens suit with similar specs very soon. the price will be similar to the Revolution..

If I agree to pay nearly $1000 for a custom suit, how can I expect any manufacturer to produce an affordable one piece suit for women?  Rolleyes
I hoped for something comparable to your one piece suit. Clearly this is not comparable. Good luck with this expansion of your business model.
cultureslayer

Reputation 9

Years Contributed: '08, '09
Motorcycles: '89 ex250
GPS: NC USA
Miles Typed: 5798

My Photo Gallery

furry ninja

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 12:52:08 AM »

... and most importantly: support this so more products like it are introduced...

You are running a business, not a charity.  Charge whatever you want, but don't think that we are stupid just because we have boobs.  

Lauren
allwedrrider
Ghazi

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 01:55:01 AM »

LOL!

I guess my point was missed..

I was just trying to say that ---  there definitely seems to be  a complaint by female riders on the lack of choice when it comes to riding gear for them... Many of them are vocal about this also, always stating  " hey we now make up X percent of riders out there". As a business, every company would like to make money by selling its product to all those who would buy.. Yet they refrain from doing so (i.e introducing new stuff that would satisfy the female riders looking for serious gear).. what is the reason behind this? If 20% of riders are now women and they keep asking for something, why does it not get delivered... Any guesses?

Teiz Motorsports
#1 Rated Riding Gear
www.teizms.com
birdrunner

Reputation 8

Motorcycles: CBR1100xx, XR650L
GPS: Edmonton
Miles Typed: 4808

My Photo Gallery

I am firm in my indecision.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 08:13:40 AM »

LOL!

I guess my point was missed..

I was just trying to say that ---  there definitely seems to be  a complaint by female riders on the lack of choice when it comes to riding gear for them... Many of them are vocal about this also, always stating  " hey we now make up X percent of riders out there". As a business, every company would like to make money by selling its product to all those who would buy.. Yet they refrain from doing so (i.e introducing new stuff that would satisfy the female riders looking for serious gear).. what is the reason behind this? If 20% of riders are now women and they keep asking for something, why does it not get delivered... Any guesses?

What percentage of women riders are looking for "Pirate" Gear,  vs those who actually commute or tour on their own?  

I could eat a bowl of Alpha Bits and shit a better argument than that.
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 55

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 14851

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 08:32:40 AM »

What percentage of women riders are looking for "Pirate" Gear,  vs those who actually commute or tour on their own?  

I wonder what percentage of women riders can/will pay that much for gear? I'd say that the number of women in bird's post are very few (lone/commuter), but the number of women who want to ride "more casually" aren't willing/able to put that much money into gear.

I'd like to see a two-piece that is more standardized (ie, "off the rack") but with allowances for the feminine form. You know, like the men's suit that Teiz put out  Embarassment
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:40:16 AM by Mrs. DantesDame » Logged

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
Teizgirl

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: r1200gs
Miles Typed: 2

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 01:38:06 AM »

Hi Ladies, let me just first say that your interest and comments are well appreciated and you are all entitled to an opinion. Here is my take on the whole price vs. what women want issue. Please hear me out.  We’ve been doing the IMS shows for two years now and at every show we’ve had women riders come to us and ask for mature looking riding gear in both one-piece and two-piece ensembles. I was spending time talking to a lot of women regarding my idea for a women’s one piece in order to gauge what they want. One-piece vs two-piece is merely a matter of choice for every individual…let us not indulge in an argument about which one works better in a public toilet. Everyone has a different riding style..some people want to only take a break at a proper rest stop where they know for sure they can stop for coffee, slip out of their suit and comfortably use a clean bathroom. Some people hate taking gear on and off and would rather use the bathroom with everything on. It isn’t even about men vs women and who has it easier here…it is simply a matter of preference.

Going back to my talks with different women at the shows…a lot of them complained about how whenever any brand made women’s stuff they always use low grade materials like low grade denier fabrics…non-ce armor and that women’s gear needs to be taken more seriously because they are just as unprotected on the road as men. We could have easily gone off the Lombard design and used generic CE armor, no super fabric, no exkin and offered no custom sizing and retailed it for $399 but we decided to give women something that shows them they are just as important and need just as much protection as men. We have whole heartedly tried to resolve your problem and now its up to you whether you want to support us or not.

All of you know how much women have been pining and asking for a product like this…I highly doubt aerostitch and other big name brand companies are not aware of the demand for women’s suits, but yes, considering that this is a very niche market and does not involve large quantities like hundreds of thousands of suits, they are not willing to make it. While we here at Teiz are very small and new but are willing to take a chance on this and provide women riders out there with a choice they never had knowing that this is a very limited market and we won’t be selling too many of them. We have tried something new and if women want to support us great. If not, we’ll go away and then they’ll lose out on the only option they had available.

Lets be very honest here…how many of you have owned an aerostitch or almost bought one at some point? Let me just say that when u decide to go that route again…you will now have a choice!
allwedrrider
Ghazi

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 02:06:59 AM »

We have started work on our first set of orders for the Revolution suit. Get your orders in ASAP if you want to be part of that shipment.

Teiz Motorsports
#1 Rated Riding Gear
www.teizms.com
jsanford
Devil Duck Monster

Reputation 14

Motorcycles: '04 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 '08 Ducati Monster 695
Miles Typed: 1507

My Photo Gallery

Every day is Ride to Work Day

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2011, 01:07:55 PM »

I find $900 to be reasonable for a custom one-piece, but I have owned BMW gear and probably had about that much $ in the pants alone.  I really like the cut of the one-piece in the photos. Leather's great but we have a short "leather season" here.

KLRchickie makes a good point--I'm 5'10" and my inseam is less than hers; that's a good example of how we're all sized differently.

I'll be in the market in March of next year.

My question:  I ended up purchasing new pants when I bought my F800.  The footpegs were higher up and slightly back from my previous bike, which resulted in the knee armor pulling too much over my knees.  How is the bike style taken in consideration of the suit design?

There's a hip armor option too?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:09:44 PM by jsanford » Logged

'08  Monster 695   '04 Moto Guzzi Breva
tigertom1965
Any GIS job openings available?

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 09 BMW R1200RT Black Sapphire w/Premium Package
GPS: Kunkletown, PA 18058
Miles Typed: 614

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2011, 02:43:20 PM »

I was just going to say a few things.
Why isn't there any reflective material on the suit?
That third picture of the girl show what I perceive a woman would have problems with (Maybe not. I am a man so what do I know!) and that is the black edge material makes her hips really look overly wide. Maybe she was going for that look but with a little less black around her stomach area and I think it could make her hips look less like they stick out.
Does Aerostich make a suit that can be modified for less or about the same money?

Can't the Weather Channel get the forcast right two days in a row?? It used to be that they could create a forecast for 2 days in the future and get it right. Now if it is more than 4 hours in th
bluepoof
supergirl powers of dewm and stuff.

Reputation 111

Years Contributed: '08, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '07 Ninja 250, '02 XT225, '08 CRF80F
GPS: San Carlos, CA
Miles Typed: 4243

My Photo Gallery

Blueberry Stiglet Coho MotoGuzziBatmanGilligan III

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 06:31:47 PM »

Does Aerostich make a suit that can be modified for less or about the same money?

An Aerostich suit is almost exactly the same price ($887).  Last I checked, the only customizations they'd do would be to lengthen or shorten the arms or legs by up to 2" and I believe that costs extra.  You can also get gussets added to make the suit BIGGER, but nothing to make it smaller.   Any additional customization would need to be done by a tailor that works with motorcycle gear (pretty hard to find) and would almost certainly add at least $50-$100 to the cost.

To use myself as an example, the very smallest 'stitch that they make is for someone 3" taller than me, has an inseam that's 2" too long for me, and has a waist that's 3" too big for me.  So, I'd need to take the $890 suit, have the arms and legs shortened, and then have a professional seamstress take in the waist and probably the arms and thighs, all while maintaining the structural integrity of the armor.  So, it's a no-brainer for me to spend $899 on something that's entirely custom made for my exact measurements.

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250 * 02 Yamaha XT225 * 08 Honda CRF80F
www.bluepoof.com
allwedrrider
Ghazi

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 11:51:24 AM »

My question:  I ended up purchasing new pants when I bought my F800.  The footpegs were higher up and slightly back from my previous bike, which resulted in the knee armor pulling too much over my knees.  How is the bike style taken in consideration of the suit design?

There's a hip armor option too?

We have added several stretch panels (for example on the knees, elbows and back) to make the suit comfortable on motorcycles with aggressive riding positions.

The hip armor blocks the access pockets.. but we can add it if you want..no extra charge

Teiz Motorsports
#1 Rated Riding Gear
www.teizms.com
allwedrrider
Ghazi

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2011, 11:55:26 AM »

Why isn't there any reflective material on the suit?

There are reflective stripes on the suit but they are integrated into the design so might not be as apparent until lit up.

what bluepoof said
+
each modification at aero is approx $60. so if you need two changes, that is $120, if you need three changes that is $180... if you need back armor that is another $100.

Teiz Motorsports
#1 Rated Riding Gear
www.teizms.com
jsanford
Devil Duck Monster

Reputation 14

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2011, 01:59:03 AM »

In thinking about the investment, I think there are motorcyclists who'd ride in conditions where they'd need a suit, and then those that won't--and the percentages might be similar, regardless of gender.

Last Sunday it was sunny and near 80 out. I'd say that easily nine out of every ten motorcyclists out on the road wore helmets as their only motorcycling-specific gear.  In December in this town, you'll see Harley riders in Aerostiches.  A new member of my team at work decided to commute entirely by motorcycle, and as such he went out and bought rainproof riding pants.  My point is, different riding choices (transport vs. recreation?) have different uses for gear.  In other words, I don't think casual women riders will invest in a custom suit unless they've seen the Roadrash Girl photos.

viffergyrl

Reputation 29

Motorcycles: 99 Honda VFR 800 2001 Ducati ST4
GPS: 1 hour northwest of LA-LA Land....
Miles Typed: 1261

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2011, 11:11:08 AM »

:popcorn:

Don't argue with an idiot; people might not be able to tell the difference - Anonymous

1999 Honda VFR 800 (the Vixen) 2001 Ducati ST4 (Stanley)
allwedrrider
Ghazi

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 12:51:26 AM »

.....  My point is, different riding choices (transport vs. recreation?) have different uses for gear.  In other words, I don't think casual women riders will invest in a custom suit unless they've seen the Roadrash Girl photos.

I would agree to the extent that the suit is not for everyone and will appeal to certain women  (either due to requirements, taste, price etc).

However, anybody who cares about the way it fits and look will be attracted to this product. Many of the women who have got in touch with us about the suit have been casual (and even pillion) riders.

Teiz Motorsports
#1 Rated Riding Gear
www.teizms.com
jsanford
Devil Duck Monster

Reputation 14

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 01:54:58 AM »

I would agree to the extent that the suit is not for everyone and will appeal to certain women  (either due to requirements, taste, price etc).

However, anybody who cares about the way it fits and look will be attracted to this product. Many of the women who have got in touch with us about the suit have been casual (and even pillion) riders.

If my post seemed disparaging that wasn't my intent...I was considering more the argument about pricing. I'd love to be wrong about the market segments who will take the plunge.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal