Sport-Touring.Net

Global Positioning => U.S. Region 4 => Topic started by: bobwirka on February 26, 2008, 12:58:43 am



Title: Zumo & Google Maps
Post by: bobwirka on February 26, 2008, 12:58:43 am
The Zumo 550 arrived last week, and I'm very pleased.

Don't know if anyone has seen this:

http://www.elsewhere.org/journal/gmaptogpx/

It's a piece of JavaScript that captures a route generated in Google Maps and produces a GPX listing. You cut/paste the data into a GPX document and open it with MapSource. You may get multiple routes; look at the GPX file and you'll see where you need to delete tags to keep one route.

It's a pretty quick way to get a map using Google's "drag the route" function.

I want to get some good routes ready for spring...

Looks like we may have dodged a bullet here tonight. There's not much snow at all.


Title: Re: Zumo & Google Maps
Post by: TriggerT on February 26, 2008, 08:44:03 am
Thanks for the link. I'm just south of you, Rockford, and the snow was really varied. Anywhere from 1 to 12 inches depending on where you were in town.

Is it June yet?


Title: Re: Zumo & Google Maps
Post by: HipGnosis on February 26, 2008, 09:02:44 am
That is what I and a LOT of folks have been waiting and searching for!!

Thanks for the link!

Now I only need a way to turn a track into a gpx.


Title: Re: Zumo & Google Maps
Post by: RRA on February 26, 2008, 11:33:02 am

That is what I and a LOT of folks have been waiting and searching for!!

Thanks for the link!

Now I only need a way to turn a track into a gpx.


Grouprider.com will do it.

RRA


Title: Re: Zumo & Google Maps
Post by: HipGnosis on February 26, 2008, 10:16:40 pm
Grouprider.com will do it.
RRA

Umm... how?


Title: Re: Zumo & Google Maps
Post by: RRA on February 26, 2008, 10:41:59 pm


Umm... how?


View any ride or route and push the button that say's save as GPX.

It took me a while of polking around on the site to get familiar with it but once you do it's sweet.

RRA


SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal