Welcome to ST.N
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
October 05, 2026, 08:37:34 pm
"The twisties, not the boulevard, separate the riders from the squids."
Home
Forums
Photo Gallery
Login
Register
Shop @ MG.C
Shop @ ST.N
Contact
Sport-Touring.Net
»
The Club House
»
Manufacturer Row
»
Yamaha
» Topic:
So here's what happened..........
Pages:
1
[
2
]
All
Go Down
Print
Topic: So here's what happened.......... (Read 13039 times)
0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Jetpilot5
Junior Member
Reputation 22
Offline
Motorcycles: 2022 Ducati Multistrada V4S
GPS: Bloomington, IL
Miles Typed: 1765
My Photo Gallery
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #20 on:
August 21, 2011, 10:54:11 pm »
Took it out for my first decent ride today, about 200 miles. Soooooooooooo comfy, good wind protection (actually about the same as my K1200S had except now I sit upright), decent but not mind blowing power and handling I can live with. Really, keeping in mind that there are very few curves here in the Faltlands, it's pretty light on it's feet, considering it's size. It'll be a couple of weeks before I get the chance to hit some good roads and really get a feel for it.
I'm also pleased to find that so far, everything works as it should.
Logged
Region 4 Meet 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 | CSTN 07 | ST.N National 08, 10, 12 | Region 4 Track Day 09
Sport-Touring
Advertisement
Sponsored Links
Remove Advertisements
bomber
Reputation 30
Offline
Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
GPS: Sea of Joy
Miles Typed: 17355
My Photo Gallery
Based on actual events
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #21 on:
August 21, 2011, 11:26:57 pm »
It's good to make these major purchases after careful and drawn out consideration . . ..
Or, perhaps not . . .. good onj you for getting what you want!
Logged
Beautiful day, happy to be here
-- Jane Catherine Lotter
"Bomber is correct" -- Carbonero
Jetpilot5
Junior Member
Reputation 22
Offline
Motorcycles: 2022 Ducati Multistrada V4S
GPS: Bloomington, IL
Miles Typed: 1765
My Photo Gallery
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #22 on:
August 21, 2011, 11:58:09 pm »
Quote from: bomber on August 21, 2011, 11:26:57 pm
It's good to make these major purchases after careful and drawn out consideration . . ..
Or, perhaps not . . .. good onj you for getting what you want!
In the future, I really need to arrange about a 2 month/2000 mile test ride program before I buy something. Oh well, most of the time I do better than I did with the Suzuki, 5 years with my VFR, 5 years with the K12S etc.
Logged
Region 4 Meet 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 | CSTN 07 | ST.N National 08, 10, 12 | Region 4 Track Day 09
Advertisement
falconati
you love it
Reputation 44
Offline
Motorcycles: Ducati Hypermotard 796, Aprilia Futura, Aprilia Falco
GPS: Madison, WI
Miles Typed: 5796
My Photo Gallery
Baller
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #23 on:
August 22, 2011, 01:27:43 am »
Unfortunately, they have an inline 4
Logged
coopdway
Junior Member
Reputation 12
Offline
Years Contributed: '07
Years Supported: '11
Miles Typed: 473
My Photo Gallery
Chauncey likes to watch.....I like to ride
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #24 on:
August 22, 2011, 07:46:35 am »
Very nice Roger! I noticed a few of these at the Guzzi Rally this weekend, at least a couple that were being ridden by guys with lots of Italian experience.
Logged
Doug Cooper
Frontenac, MN
coopdwaycorner.blogspot.com
Texatl
Reputation 0
Offline
Motorcycles: '73 Triumph Trident
GPS: SW Ohio
Miles Typed: 34
My Photo Gallery
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #25 on:
August 28, 2011, 01:28:48 pm »
Must be a virus around here, with the black cherry 07 FJRs... I couldn't resist the one I picked up yesterday either.
Logged
Breadman
Pest Eradicator
Reputation 11
Offline
Motorcycles: 2007 FJR, 2001 ZX-9R
GPS: Muskego, WI
Miles Typed: 3391
My Photo Gallery
Enjoying the many facets of motorcycling.
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #26 on:
August 28, 2011, 02:39:49 pm »
Quote from: Texatl on August 28, 2011, 01:28:48 pm
Must be a virus around here, with the black cherry 07 FJRs... I couldn't resist the one I picked up yesterday either.
Super! Enjoy.
Logged
2008, 2009, 2010 STN Region 4 Track Day at Blackhawk Farms 2008, 2009 STN Region 4 meet in Boscobel, WI
2008, 2009 Soup Run 2013, 2014 Larry's St. Olaf, IA Tenderloin Run
Jetpilot5
Junior Member
Reputation 22
Offline
Motorcycles: 2022 Ducati Multistrada V4S
GPS: Bloomington, IL
Miles Typed: 1765
My Photo Gallery
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #27 on:
August 28, 2011, 04:09:32 pm »
Quote from: Texatl on August 28, 2011, 01:28:48 pm
Must be a virus around here, with the black cherry 07 FJRs... I couldn't resist the one I picked up yesterday either.
Cool! Pictures, details?
Logged
Region 4 Meet 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 | CSTN 07 | ST.N National 08, 10, 12 | Region 4 Track Day 09
Texatl
Reputation 0
Offline
Motorcycles: '73 Triumph Trident
GPS: SW Ohio
Miles Typed: 34
My Photo Gallery
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #28 on:
August 29, 2011, 07:42:09 am »
Quote from: Jetpilot5 on August 28, 2011, 04:09:32 pm
Cool! Pictures, details?
Danka! Yes pics and details are coming, prolly tomorrow (damn that work thing. who ever thought that was a good idea)
Logged
veefer800canuck
Nicky Hayden stole my childhood!
Reputation 167
Offline
Years Contributed: '10
GPS: Whitecourt, Alberta, Canada, EH?
Miles Typed: 6790
My Photo Gallery
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #29 on:
August 29, 2011, 07:50:32 am »
Quote from: scottzilla on August 19, 2011, 08:58:54 pm
Wow, I remember your posts about buying the 1250.
Wow, I remember your posts about installing the FactoryPro shift kit in your VFR800.
http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/7886-factorypro-shift-kit-install/
Traitor!!!
Logged
My visited states map:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a280/veefer800canuck/visitedstatesmap_zps9f9adb24.jpg
Jetpilot5
Junior Member
Reputation 22
Offline
Motorcycles: 2022 Ducati Multistrada V4S
GPS: Bloomington, IL
Miles Typed: 1765
My Photo Gallery
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #30 on:
August 29, 2011, 03:38:23 pm »
Quote from: veefer800canuck on August 29, 2011, 07:50:32 am
Wow, I remember your posts about installing the FactoryPro shift kit in your VFR800.
http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/7886-factorypro-shift-kit-install/
Traitor!!!
Been a while since I looked at that, for that matter, it's been quite some time since I had a VFR.
I do keep up on yours though.
«
Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 04:10:57 pm by Jetpilot5
»
Logged
Region 4 Meet 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 | CSTN 07 | ST.N National 08, 10, 12 | Region 4 Track Day 09
pcrdude
Reputation 6
Offline
Motorcycles: 2007 FJR1300A
Miles Typed: 1300
My Photo Gallery
Always look both ways!
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #31 on:
August 30, 2011, 03:25:18 pm »
Quote from: Bounce on August 30, 2011, 12:03:04 pm
it's a bike of two minds. below 5k rpm it's mild mannered clark kent. over 5k and the beast wakes up.
other than riding it to find what you want to change, frame sliders are a good first addition.
When passing on a two-lane backroad, get prepped into third gear, then hit second and go WOT. Make sure you are not too close to the car you are trying to pass.
Logged
You are just jealous because the FJR is a better ST than your XX/Sprint/VFR.
Jetpilot5
Junior Member
Reputation 22
Offline
Motorcycles: 2022 Ducati Multistrada V4S
GPS: Bloomington, IL
Miles Typed: 1765
My Photo Gallery
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #32 on:
August 30, 2011, 04:13:51 pm »
Quote from: Bounce on August 30, 2011, 12:03:04 pm
it's a bike of two minds. below 5k rpm it's mild mannered clark kent. over 5k and the beast wakes up.
other than riding it to find what you want to change, frame sliders are a good first addition.
I've made a few quick trips to redline already. It does move out at higher rpm but doesn't go like my K1200S did above 7,000 rpm, or my XX for that matter. She makes good power though, no complaints about the engine at all. Good stuff.
Logged
Region 4 Meet 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 | CSTN 07 | ST.N National 08, 10, 12 | Region 4 Track Day 09
VTFJR13
Reputation 1
Offline
Motorcycles: 2021 Yamaha Tracer 9GT
GPS: Morganton NC
Miles Typed: 66
My Photo Gallery
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #33 on:
September 01, 2011, 11:07:23 pm »
Quote from: Jetpilot5 on August 21, 2011, 10:54:11 pm
Took it out for my first decent ride today, about 200 miles. Soooooooooooo comfy, good wind protection (actually about the same as my K1200S had except now I sit upright), decent but not mind blowing power and handling I can live with. Really, keeping in mind that there are very few curves here in the Faltlands, it's pretty light on it's feet, considering it's size. It'll be a couple of weeks before I get the chance to hit some good roads and really get a feel for it.
I'm also pleased to find that so far, everything works as it should.
The FJR is the best bike I have ever owned. I think it is a great combo of sportbike and touring bike all rolled into one. I also have a 07 black cherry and didn't really like the color alot at first but it has grown on me. I bought mine new in 09 as a two year left over. There a couple FJR forums you can check out fjriders.com and fjrforum.com is another. There is alot of good info on either site. Congrats on the purchase of the best super sporttouring bike ever. LOL Here is a couple pics of my bike
Logged
Texatl
Reputation 0
Offline
Motorcycles: '73 Triumph Trident
GPS: SW Ohio
Miles Typed: 34
My Photo Gallery
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #34 on:
September 02, 2011, 08:57:22 am »
Quote from: VTFJR13 on September 01, 2011, 11:07:23 pm
The FJR is the best bike I have ever owned. I think it is a great combo of sportbike and touring bike all rolled into one. I also have a 07 black cherry and didn't really like the color alot at first but it has grown on me. I bought mine new in 09 as a two year left over. There a couple FJR forums you can check out fjriders.com and fjrforum.com is another. There is alot of good info on either site. Congrats on the purchase of the best super sporttouring bike ever. LOL Here is a couple pics of my bike
Very Cool. What exhaust pipes are those?
Logged
Jetpilot5
Junior Member
Reputation 22
Offline
Motorcycles: 2022 Ducati Multistrada V4S
GPS: Bloomington, IL
Miles Typed: 1765
My Photo Gallery
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #35 on:
September 02, 2011, 02:18:00 pm »
Very nice!
Logged
Region 4 Meet 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 | CSTN 07 | ST.N National 08, 10, 12 | Region 4 Track Day 09
NotDeadYet
Reputation 8
Offline
GPS: over yonder
Miles Typed: 231
My Photo Gallery
I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #36 on:
September 02, 2011, 03:26:39 pm »
I've always liked the FJR - and that's got to be the nicest color - sweet bike - looks like new.
Logged
There is no next time, it's now or never.
VTFJR13
Reputation 1
Offline
Motorcycles: 2021 Yamaha Tracer 9GT
GPS: Morganton NC
Miles Typed: 66
My Photo Gallery
Re: So here's what happened..........
«
Reply #37 on:
September 02, 2011, 07:37:18 pm »
Quote from: Texatl on September 02, 2011, 08:57:22 am
Very Cool. What exhaust pipes are those?
That is the new Vance&Hines CSone. It is new for this year I believe and I love the look of them. They have a nice sound also. Plus back in the day Vance&Hines and Yamaha went hand and hand.
Logged
Pages:
1
[
2
]
All
Go Up
Print
Sport-Touring.Net
»
The Club House
»
Manufacturer Row
»
Yamaha
» Topic:
So here's what happened..........
Jump to:
Please select a destination:
-----------------------------
The Open Road
-----------------------------
=> General Sport-Touring Discussion
-----------------------------
The Club House
-----------------------------
=> Pit Row
-----------------------------
The Open Road
-----------------------------
=> Beginner's Garage
=> Motorcycle Polls
-----------------------------
The Marketplace
-----------------------------
=> Bike Tech
-----------------------------
The Tech Zone
-----------------------------
=> Mods & Maintenance
=> Gadgets
=> Gear and Apparel
-----------------------------
The Open Road
-----------------------------
=> Ride Reports
-----------------------------
The Club House
-----------------------------
=> Iron Butt
===> Aprilia
===> BMW
===> Buell
===> Ducati
===> Honda
-----------------------------
Global Positioning
-----------------------------
=> U.S. Region 1
-----------------------------
The Club House
-----------------------------
===> Kawasaki
===> Moto Guzzi
===> Suzuki
===> Triumph
===> Yamaha
-----------------------------
Global Positioning
-----------------------------
=> U.S. Region 2
=> U.S. Region 3
=> U.S. Region 4
=> U.S. Region 5
=> U.S. Region 6
-----------------------------
The Lounge
-----------------------------
=> Off Topic Discussion
-----------------------------
Global Positioning
-----------------------------
=> Canada
=> Europe & U.K.
=> Australia & New Zealand
-----------------------------
The Club House
-----------------------------
===> KTM
===> Harley-Davidson
-----------------------------
The Marketplace
-----------------------------
=> Vendor, Group Buy, Member Offers
=> Bikes Only
=> Non-bike Items
-----------------------------
The Club House
-----------------------------
===> Other
-----------------------------
Administration
-----------------------------
=> Announcements & Rules
-----------------------------
The Open Road
-----------------------------
=> ST.N Rallies/Meets
-----------------------------
The Club House
-----------------------------
=> Dirt Lovers
===> Off Road Ride Reports
-----------------------------
The Open Road
-----------------------------
===> STN National
===> WCRM
===> ESTN
===> Borscht Burn
===> SNOB
-----------------------------
The Lounge
-----------------------------
=> EOE: Experts On Everything
-----------------------------
The Club House
-----------------------------
=> Manufacturer Row
-----------------------------
Sport-Touring.net Vendor Deals
-----------------------------
=> MOTORCYCLEiD
Loading...
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Use
Copyright
Privacy Policy
Your Privacy Choices
Manage Consent
SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal