ST.N Ride Reports
Join some of our members below as they make their own adventures!

xx Please Don't Speak for the Community | 12 May 10
00:38:25 by UFO | Views: 18916 | Comments: 126

General News
When I post up general motorcycle industry news items, or external web items that I think might interest visitors I try not to speak for them...I let them form their own judgments/opinions.  So when I ran across a news item on hellforleathermagazine.com advertising, nay, sensationalizing a 190mph night jaunt down a New York interstate on a BMW S1000RR on their front page I decided to post up something about it.

It's not really the act shown in the video itself.  Most of us ride fast from time to time and freely admit it, albeit in a more rational and intelligent manner, but we don't sensationalize it, nor do we promote it.  The reason hellforleathermagazine.com seems to be in the crosshairs today is for this utter generalization failure:...

xx First FZ8 Ride Review [ashonbikes.com] | 30 Apr 10
17:55:21 by UFO | Views: 4014 | Comments: 11

Yamaha

The engine is common to both, and it works beautifully. The fuelling is perfect, which is worth mentioning as the original FZ1 had the worst fuelling of any recent bike, and itís desperately intrusive stutter was only fixed by giving it a soft, marshmellow response instead. Instead, the 800 surges forward powerfully and predictably, and crucially for those itís aimed at, does so right across the rev range. You can trickle the bike right down to idle, some 25mph (35kph) in top gear, and it will still pull away cleanly and with reasonable force, although you do better to keep the needle swinging the high side of 3,500rpm to tap into the...

xx FZ8 Full Specifications [gizmag.com] | 12 Mar 10
10:35:17 by Fat Boy | Views: 11955 | Comments: 29

Yamaha
North American bound?  Shrug

Yamaha has finally released full specifications for its new middleweight street sportsbikes, the naked FZ8-N and semi-faired Fazer8. A 779cc engine derived from the FZ1 donk is the star of the show, with a complete FZ1 frame and swingarm as well. The new engine makes significantly more torque than the smaller FZ6 for a gruntier, more accessible power curve around town - but builds to a healthy 105-horsepower top end rush when it's time to get a boogie on. It looks like a fun, fast and friendly street sportsbike - and yes, FZ6 fans, it has formally replaced the 600 in the FZ lineup.

As

xx Ducati & Piaggio Merger Rumored from Italy | 11 Mar 10
15:20:47 by Rincewind | Views: 1612 | Comments: 5

General News
Italian wire service MF suggests that the McKinsey study is at the preliminary stages, but will be examining the possibility of integrating Ducati and Piaggio. The thinking appears to be that major investment could be drummed up for a Ducati/Piaggio super company since such a merger would create a major competitor for the big four Japanese motorcycle makers. Not only would such a company have a a wide range of products -- running the gamut from scooters to SBK competitors and everything in between -- but it'd also have the volume and the manufacturing capacity to tackle emerging markets in Southeast Asia.

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/03/could-ducati-and-piaggio-merge.html

xx Ducati MTS1200S Review [ashonbikes.com] | 11 Mar 10
00:25:24 by UFO | Views: 3833 | Comments: 8

Ducati

My test bike was in Sport mode when I swung a leg across it and settled down into the GS-alike riding position, comfortably in the bike rather than perched atop it. The screen though is much closer than the GSís, almost disconcertingly so when youíre moving around the seat to set yourself up for corners. Ignition is keyless, all you do is slide the kill switch down and the dash activates in a high tech flurry of lights and colours.  Flick the switch up to reveal the starter button, press that and the 1198cc motor churns into life, clacking and thumping as it should. Thereís no Ducati clutch rattle as the MTS 1200 has a more durable wet clutch,...

xx New (aircooled) Honda CB1100 goes on sale in Japan. Video & pics | 10 Mar 10
07:05:40 by SpitfireTriple | Views: 27399 | Comments: 88

Honda
First, here's a pic that has been around a while

a newer pic - note the changes for production

Exhaust pipe is longer and less 400-4ish.  I daresay it won't be long before an aftermarket supplier sorts that out.  The engine looks bigger than the 2007 concept, it lacks the piggy-back alternator of the concept, and its engine fins are less pretty .  In fact, to my jaundiced eye, it almost looks like a finned version of the CB1300 engine.  That might explain the weight.  Maybe it's not even air-cooled.  It would seem Honda has let its accountant head rule...

xx 100bhp limit and mandatory ABS proposed for EU | 06 Mar 10
10:40:42 by Rincewind | Views: 11616 | Comments: 80

General News
Motorcycles could be subjected to 100bhp power limits under proposals to be set out by the European Commission this summer.    

The Commission is expected to propose European-wide consistency on the issue, raising the prospect that countries will have to change in line with France, where a 100bhp limit is already in place.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2010/March/mar0510-100bhp-limit-looms-again/

xx Multistrada 1200 Introduces New Ducati Maintenance Program | 05 Feb 10
14:30:25 by UFO | Views: 16314 | Comments: 80

Ducati
Press release...

With the arrival of the new Multistrada 1200, Ducati will reach a significant milestone in the company's engineering history by extending the periods between major services on the new model to an owner-friendly 15,000 miles.

Doubling the mileage between valve clearance inspection has been made possible with the introduction of a new valve seat material combined with improved combustion efficiency and temperature management designed into the Multistrada's new Testastretta 11į engine.

So called because of its minimised 11į of 'valve overlap' - the interval of crankshaft rotation during which both the intake and e

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 29

Community Stats
  • stats Total Members: 20111
  • stats Total Posts: 1887410
  • stats Total Topics: 79238
  • stats Total Categories: 7
  • stats Total Boards: 54
  • stats Most Online: 5047

Site Navigation
The Open Road
 ├ General Discussion
 ├ Ride Reports
 ├ Motorcycle Polls
 ├ Beginner's Garage
 └ ST.N National
The Club House
 ├ Pit Row
 ├ Iron Butt
 ├ Dirt Lovers
 └ Off Road Ride Reports
Manufacturer Row
 ├ Aprilia
 ├ BMW
 ├ Buell
 ├ Ducati
 ├ Harley-Davidson
 ├ Honda
 ├ Kawasaki
 ├ KTM
 ├ Moto Guzzi
 ├ Suzuki
 ├ Triumph
 ├ Yamaha
 └ Other
The Tech Zone
 ├ Mods & Maintenance
 ├ Gadgets
 └ Gear & Apparel
Global Positioning
 ├ Region 1 (Northwest)
 ├ Region 2 (Southwest)
 ├ Region 3 (Great Plains)
 ├ Region 4 (Midwest)
 ├ Region 5 (Southeast)
 ├ Region 6 (Northeast)
 ├ Canada
 ├ Europe & U.K.
 └ Australia & New Zealand
The Marketplace
 ├ Bike Tech
 ├ Bikes Only
 ├ Non-bike Items
 └ Vendors & Group Buys

Random Gallery

Posted by
Viewed 412 times

* ST.N Poll
  • What do you use to keep cool and refreshed on them hot summer days?
  • Dot Water Back pack
  • 9 (10%)
  • -
  • Dot Lots of mesh gear
  • 42 (48%)
  • -
  • Dot Ride Squid Style
  • 8 (9%)
  • -
  • Dot Other "please specify"
  • 16 (18%)
  • -
  • Dot I Like Pancakes
  • 12 (13%)
  • -
  • Total Voters: 84
  • View Topic

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal