ST.N Ride Reports
Join some of our members below as they make their own adventures!

xx BMW S1000RR 0-140 Video [visordown.com] | 21 Jan 10
01:49:31 by UFO | Views: 4931 | Comments: 9

BMW
From visordown.com

Quick clip of the S1000RR leaving a toll booth on a high speed run, with anti-wheelie disabled.

Looked like a wheelie to me. Bigsmile

xx 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650R Review [motorcycle-usa.com] | 20 Jan 10
03:14:02 by UFO | Views: 26005 | Comments: 23

Kawasaki
MotorcycleUSA.com has put up a review of the midsized Ninja.  Popular with beginning riders and frugal riders, it's also a fine one up sport-touring rig.

A snippet from the article...

Under the hood, so to speak, engineers made no parts changes to the 8-valve 649cc Parallel Twin. However, tuning changes courtesy of new EFI settings claim to enhance bottom-end torque and allow the engine to rev quicker with better response low to mid range. The ’09 mill also sports a smaller, lighter exhaust catalyzer. Our test unit topped out on the dyno at 61.7 horsepower and 41.4 lb-ft torque. (Those numbers fall from the dyno stats taken during our 2006 c...

xx BMW Reports Smallest Sales Dip [motorcycleusa.com] | 12 Jan 10
22:49:21 by UFO | Views: 7230 | Comments: 27

BMW
2009 was a tough year for motorcycle sales.  Every manufacturers had large sales drops, but one of them is touting the fact they seemed to buck the trend by quite a bit.

BMW announced the news on Monday, January 11, touting sales data from the Motorcycle Industry Council. According to BMW (MIC annual report not yet available for confirmation), the US motorcycle market dropped 41%, to the tune of almost 360,000 unit sales lost. BMW sales dipped 22%, “which was the smallest decline among all motorcycle brands.”

This is from the lips of BMW:

“Our dedicated dealers were the key to our success this past year,” continued Andersen in the press announcement. “Despite the tough market, they continued serve our customers well a

xx ESPN Poll: Driver of the Decade | 09 Jan 10
00:01:10 by UFO | Views: 5328 | Comments: 28

General News
Rossi is in 2nd place, just ahead of Jimmie Johnson! Crazy  Go vote! Bigsmile

The 2000s were chock-full of talented drivers, including some who could rightly be considered among the greatest of all time. We've come up with a list of the nine greatest; now, we need you to vote on who made the biggest impact, SportsNation.

Do you go for the four-peat absurdity Jimmie Johnson brought to NASCAR? Michael Schumacher and his five straight Formula One titles? Or does MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi get your nod?

Cast your vote now! You have until 10 p.m. ET Friday to vote, and your vote will help determine which star ESPN.com crowns as the Driver of the Decade!

You must rank at least FIVE for your vote to count.

Go check out the p...

xx Top 100 Motorcycle List [MCN] | 08 Jan 10
23:54:58 by UFO | Views: 13777 | Comments: 51

General News
MCN surveyed it's readers and ranked their Top 100 Motorcycles.  Of course half the bikes listed aren't even available in North America, but it's a fun list to check out.

More than 12,000 MCN readers have responded to our Biking Britain survey this year, and their combined scores on the bikes they own and love (or hate) have allowed us to put together this definitive list of your top 100 bikes.

Head on over and check out the entire list of 100 bikes...

xx Dolomites and Livigno 2009 - link to a long trip report with lots of pics | 07 Jan 10
10:05:00 by Welshman | Views: 4506 | Comments: 10

Ride Reports
After the successful trips to The French and Swiss Alps - 2006 - The Pyrenees - 2007 - and the Hautes Alpes - 2008 - BBOT (Bewdley Bikers on Tour) decided that 2009 would see them in the Dolomites and Livigno. Rather than post a long trip report, Kyle who is one of the BBOT riders and an expert in website design, decided that we should have our own website and that all our trips should be available on the site. Hence the slight delay in bringing this report to you as the final details were only finished this week

You can find the report here:

http://www.bbot.co.uk

as well as the reports for the other trips.

You'll find a lot of useful information - roads to ride, passes to cross, hotels worth staying in, hotels to avoid, and lo...

xx KenDenton's Year in Review | 03 Jan 10
23:01:36 by kendenton | Views: 7516 | Comments: 42

Ride Reports
After seeing R Doug and Garry's excellent videos, I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring with my own collection.  Hope you enjoy!

xx A Day Ride to the Southernmost Point in the US | 03 Jan 10
14:31:59 by connick | Views: 4115 | Comments: 13

Ride Reports
Day's route

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/sckego/Ka%20Lae%201-2-10/IMG_2707.jpg

Every Christmas, I get my two-week reprieve from the cold and gloom of Texas to visit my family and home back on the Big Island of Hawaii.  It's obviously something I look forward to every year, but this year even more so, since one of my good budd...

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 35

Community Stats
  • stats Total Members: 22126
  • stats Total Posts: 2039745
  • stats Total Topics: 83547
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 58
  • stats Most Online: 5047

Site Navigation
The Open Road
 ├ General Discussion
 ├ Ride Reports
 ├ Motorcycle Polls
 ├ Beginner's Garage
 └ ST.N National
The Club House
 ├ Pit Row
 ├ Iron Butt
 ├ Dirt Lovers
 └ Off Road Ride Reports
Manufacturer Row
 ├ Aprilia
 ├ BMW
 ├ Buell
 ├ Ducati
 ├ Harley-Davidson
 ├ Honda
 ├ Kawasaki
 ├ KTM
 ├ Moto Guzzi
 ├ Suzuki
 ├ Triumph
 ├ Yamaha
 └ Other
The Tech Zone
 ├ Mods & Maintenance
 ├ Gadgets
 └ Gear & Apparel
Global Positioning
 ├ Region 1 (Northwest)
 ├ Region 2 (Southwest)
 ├ Region 3 (Great Plains)
 ├ Region 4 (Midwest)
 ├ Region 5 (Southeast)
 ├ Region 6 (Northeast)
 ├ Canada
 ├ Europe & U.K.
 └ Australia & New Zealand
The Marketplace
 ├ Bike Tech
 ├ Bikes Only
 ├ Non-bike Items
 └ Vendors & Group Buys

Random Gallery

Posted by excourierBecksy
Viewed 440 times

* ST.N Poll
  • I Work/Have Worked Retail During The Christmas Season And...
  • Dot I Had A Splendiferous Time!
  • 0 (0%)
  • -
  • Dot As God Is My Witness, I'll Never Do It Again
  • 2 (28%)
  • -
  • Dot Please Lawd Turn Off The Muzak
  • 5 (71%)
  • -
  • Total Voters: 6
  • View Topic

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal