ST.N Ride Reports
Join some of our members below as they make their own adventures!

xx Riding Ducati's to the Black Hills | 18 Nov 09
10:20:05 by canyonchaser | Views: 15497 | Comments: 44

Ride Reports

Way back when, when Kris and I rode chrome laden bikes with lots of rake, fancy paint and raucous exhaust systems, we took a ride to Sturgis South Dakota for the annual Bike Rally.  Don't believe that we had our humble roots in cruiser-dom, well, ha! Look at these old photos, taken exactly 10 years prior.

As with many of the most memorable CanyonChasers adventures, this one started out with virtually no planning, and what's more, we didn't even plan...

xx First Ride: 2010 KTM 990 SM T and 990 SM R | 16 Nov 09
23:08:04 by UFO | Views: 13598 | Comments: 19

KTM
2010 looks to be a very good year for European bike choices.  The folk over at motorcycledaily.com have put up their first impressions of the new KTM 990 SMT and SMR.  Look for part two of their write up later.

Americans get two versions of the big supermoto, the sporty R and a more practical tourer. Both bikes share a liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, four-valve 75-degree 115-hp motor and basic chrome-moly trellis chassis. From that common ancestor, KTM's engineers started adding go-fast bits to make the R. Wheels are forged Marchesinis, saving 4.4 pounds of rotating mass, and it gets those delicious four-piston Brembo monobloc racing calipers. A supermoto needs a powerful, sensit...

xx New Moto Guzzi Norge GT 8V Announced | 14 Nov 09
16:12:48 by UFO | Views: 21821 | Comments: 37

Moto Guzzi
Moto Guzzi has announced an updated Norge sporting a new 8 valve 1200cc 90 degree v-twin.  Styling cues from the previous Norge remain basically unchanged, but the bike has more get up and go compared to the previous engine.

Here's a shot of the new Norge GT 8V:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2496/norgegt8v.jpg

And here are the details from the press release:

The new 8V version of the 1200 cc twin-cylinder Moto Guzzi Norge has been updated to consolidate its vocation of being an indefatigable GT.

A tireless traveller, the acknowledged champion of reliability and the bike chosen by many law enforcement agencies including that of the city of Berlin, today the Norge has been updated and is entrenching its long-

xx 2011 Buell 1125RR? | 14 Nov 09
07:03:37 by whodom | Views: 38906 | Comments: 113

Buell
Photo from RoadracerX:

Brad, is THAT good looking enough for you?  

Several hints have been posted at Badweb (based on info gleaned at the "last ride to the factory" last month) about a new model to be introduced next year which would have shed significant weight and added power compared to the existing 1125R.  Two features that appear to match up with the photo are an ultra-light tail section and chain drive.  The bike looks too complete to be a home built.  

Original page here:  http://www.roadracerx.com/features/road-racerhead/honda-road-racerhead-46/
Photo is at the bottom.

xx 2010 KTM RC8R First Ride | 13 Nov 09
13:26:13 by Schneegz | Views: 3436 | Comments: 2

KTM
Motorcycle USA samples the new KTM RC8R.

For 2010 KTM imports the RC8R into the United States. This hopped-up version of its base model Superbike is said to be better in every way. MotoUSA jets up to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to find out.

"Throw a leg over, thumb the starter button and the R barks to life with a surprisingly loud rasp. Ducati-like in some ways, but also with a hint Japanese ting; almost a hybrid of the two though the KTM is still more pasta than sushi. Also instantly apparent right from the get-go is a reduced amount of vibration. The base model and the R may feature the same counter-balancing system, but the lighter pistons and upd...

xx BMW Concept 6 Unveiled | 10 Nov 09
06:31:03 by X1rider | Views: 7343 | Comments: 29

BMW
BMW has unveiled their new Concept 6 design that utilizes a 1600cc inline 6 configuration.  The press release hints that the engine will see production in the form of a new luxury touring model sometime in the near future.  Peak horsepower will be close to what is offered in the current 1300cc inline 4 configuration, but torque will be copious and arrive much earlier...96 ft-lbs at 2000 RPM.

Here's a shot of the concept bike:

Here's the press release:

Munich. Six-cylinder power units have always had particular appeal, offering not only supreme smoothness and refinement, but also superior power and performance as well as a truly emotional driving or, in this case, riding...

xx 4682 miles in a week, plus a BBG... | 07 Nov 09
22:33:55 by meanstrk | Views: 10465 | Comments: 22

Ride Reports
Aug 1st, I rolled out of bed at 4am, and left the house at a little after 4:30am...

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee281/ronoyler/ADV/Colorado/DSCF9853.jpg

My grandmother passed away, and the family service was scheduled for Aug 3rd, in Longmont, Colorado. Yeah, it would have been easy enough to fly out and get a rental car and fly back, but why not make an adventure out of it? I have always wanted to do a long extended trip on the bike and just go see stuff and different places. I also wanted to see if I could pull off a Iron Butt Bun Burner Gold, which is 1500 miles in under 24 hours, so I prepped the Aprilia about as well as I could. Serviced the forks. New Penske shock. New Pilot Road 2CT's. Brake fluid. Clutch flui...

xx Valencia MotoGP Race Results (spoilers) | 06 Nov 09
12:16:07 by DogBoy | Views: 16799 | Comments: 64

MotoGP
Click through to see Valencia race results...

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

Community Stats
  • stats Total Members: 20937
  • stats Total Posts: 1916106
  • stats Total Topics: 80566
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 56
  • stats Most Online: 5047

Site Navigation
The Open Road
 ├ General Discussion
 ├ Ride Reports
 ├ Motorcycle Polls
 ├ Beginner's Garage
 └ ST.N National
The Club House
 ├ Pit Row
 ├ Iron Butt
 ├ Dirt Lovers
 └ Off Road Ride Reports
Manufacturer Row
 ├ Aprilia
 ├ BMW
 ├ Buell
 ├ Ducati
 ├ Harley-Davidson
 ├ Honda
 ├ Kawasaki
 ├ KTM
 ├ Moto Guzzi
 ├ Suzuki
 ├ Triumph
 ├ Yamaha
 └ Other
The Tech Zone
 ├ Mods & Maintenance
 ├ Gadgets
 └ Gear & Apparel
Global Positioning
 ├ Region 1 (Northwest)
 ├ Region 2 (Southwest)
 ├ Region 3 (Great Plains)
 ├ Region 4 (Midwest)
 ├ Region 5 (Southeast)
 ├ Region 6 (Northeast)
 ├ Canada
 ├ Europe & U.K.
 └ Australia & New Zealand
The Marketplace
 ├ Bike Tech
 ├ Bikes Only
 ├ Non-bike Items
 └ Vendors & Group Buys

Random Gallery

Posted by DantesDame
Viewed 1048 times

* ST.N Poll
  • Is Vertical Scope the sign of the Apocalypse?
  • Dot Hail Satan!!!! \m/
  • 7 (28%)
  • -
  • Dot I love Audio Ads!!!! Yum!!!!!!
  • 1 (4%)
  • -
  • Dot I already got my 666 tattoo.
  • 4 (16%)
  • -
  • Dot Dwayn's real name is Damien
  • 7 (28%)
  • -
  • Dot Beelzebub
  • 6 (24%)
  • -
  • Total Voters: 16
  • View Topic

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal