Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 214   Go Down
Print

Topic: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here.  (Read 537318 times)

Papa Lazarou

Reputation 58

Years Contributed: '09
Years Supported: '11
GPS: Sussex
Miles Typed: 9238

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3400 on: April 04, 2012, 07:13:40 AM »

Welcome to all those who haven't recently joined and have Welsh heritage.

The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead
JavaD

Reputation 4

Motorcycles: Triumph, Honda, Kawasaki, BMW
Miles Typed: 18

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3401 on: April 07, 2012, 11:11:22 PM »

Former lurker, now a member.

Former club racer, quit due to a broke bike, broke wallet, broke body.  But the trophies look nice on the mantle Bigsmile

Safety instructor, Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic instructor, trackday rider, self-developed advanced curriculum author, been published in one regional periodical and two national periodicals.

Current stable includes three Honda Hawks(1 street, 2 track-only), one Kawi Z1000, one Triumph D675, one BMW G450X.

Homepage: http://www.whatnextmotorcycletraining.com/
Papa Lazarou

Reputation 58

Years Contributed: '09
GPS: Sussex
Miles Typed: 9238

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3402 on: April 08, 2012, 04:18:10 AM »

Welcome Java....although welcoming somebody that actually knows what he is talking about could be a tad double edged....

The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead
Mr.Black

Reputation 152

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Motorcycles: '08 GSF1250
GPS: 01543
Miles Typed: 18461

My Photo Gallery

Let's run this up the flagpole and see who salutes

Ignore
« Reply #3403 on: April 08, 2012, 04:21:11 AM »

Welcome Java....although welcoming somebody that actually knows what he is talking about could be a tad double edged....

We all know what we are talking about Papa.

Some of us are just more full of shit than the others.

Welcome Java.
Max Wedge
Engineering Pathologist

Reputation 24

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: '10 R1200GS '06 YZ250F
GPS: The mitten in Region 4
Miles Typed: 2452

My Photo Gallery

Sport-Mowing.net

Ignore
« Reply #3404 on: April 08, 2012, 07:32:30 PM »

Welcome to all those who haven't recently joined and have Welsh heritage.

Thank you.   Wink
JavaD

Reputation 4

Motorcycles: Triumph, Honda, Kawasaki, BMW
Miles Typed: 18

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3405 on: April 08, 2012, 10:49:57 PM »

We all know what we are talking about Papa.

Some of us are just more full of shit than the others.

Welcome Java.

Thanks for the welcome, and I'm really full of it after sleeping at a Holiday Inn Express.
motoverda

Reputation 0

Miles Typed: 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3406 on: April 09, 2012, 12:51:03 PM »

Hi, I am new to the forum. I just love to ride and usually it's short trips to the fact the better half doesn't ride and can't stand bikes. Too bad.....just don't ask me to stop. Currently I have two bikes; 1984 BMW R100RS, and a 1999 R1100S. Just sold my K1200GT and taking delivery on a new 09 Moto Guzzi Norge real soon. I am not a knee dragger and always ride within my skill level. I have been riding since 1987 and my first ride on a borrowed bike put me in the hospital for two weeks....learned my lesson and have not been down since. Bikes I have owned include Triumph Tridents, Ducati 900SS (the real one that was black with gold wheels),  several Guzzi LMIII's, and I am on my third R1100S.

I enjoy the comments from everyone and the only thing important is that you ride.....and it doesn't matter what you ride.
Kneescrubber
King of the 90º flat turn

Reputation 18

Motorcycles: '99 Honda VFR, '73 BMW R75/5
GPS: The western U.S. is strewn with paper maps I've lost from my tankbag.
Miles Typed: 3787

My Photo Gallery

Just a little more

Ignore
« Reply #3407 on: April 09, 2012, 08:10:46 PM »

...I enjoy the comments from everyone and the only thing important is that you ride.....and it doesn't matter what you ride.

Or how you ride.  Wink

LeMans Mark III, very nice classic bike. I've taken a lap or 50 on one. IMHO the R11S is one of the most underrated sport tourers out there.

Welcome.  Thumbsup

I'm on ST.N so its not like I'm a productive member of society anyway.   DogBoy
It's the internet.  It runs on drama.    Cablebandit
The difference between fiction and reality is fiction has to be believable.  Tom Clancy
no0ne

Reputation -1

Motorcycles: 47150
Miles Typed: 13

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3408 on: April 10, 2012, 12:03:13 PM »

What's up?

I was told to introduce myself, so I am.

In the Louisville, KY area. I've been riding for about four years, since I was 19-20. I've had a couple wrecks. One was due to soft front suspension and a slick spot while stopping at a stoplight. The second was due to my cockiness in an unfamiliar curve which resulted in my bike in a small ditch on my leg. No major injuries or damage done.
The third and final wreck was on my way to work 1.5 years ago. There's a sweet, sorta blind, 45mph rated curve on I-71 that is along my work commute. I pass a couple cars and get leaned over, I look up and there's a stopped semi in my lane. I tried to break but only had enough time to lay down an 8 inch ski mark. I superman face planted the trailer and it knocked me out cold for a few minutes. There was a nurse nearby and a UofL trainer.
Broke two fingers and a bad concussion. Back to work in two days.

My first bike was a '83 KZ1100, then a '94 FZR600, '07 Ninja 650r(which I snapped in half off the semi), '94 CBR600.
All of those are gone. I currently own a '82 Honda CM450 and a '03 Z10000.
Kneescrubber

Reputation 18

My Photo Gallery

Just a little more

Ignore
« Reply #3409 on: April 10, 2012, 01:23:12 PM »

Where do you find the time to ride all those motorcycles?  Lol

The difference between fiction and reality is fiction has to be believable.  Tom Clancy
DesignFlaw06
El Conquistador

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2006 Yamaha FJR1300A
GPS: Muskegon, MI

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3410 on: April 10, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »

A couple years ago, I was riding the Cherohala Skyway with a group of Nighthawks. There was an ST1300 that stopped with a group and was checking out my FJR. He says to me "You should join Sport-Touring.Net." I did, and apparently that was all the further I got. Forgot all about it by the time I got home.

That same trip, I let Mr. hppants, (who said hello on the last page) ride my FJR for a little bit. As soon as he got off, he was hooked. Fast forward a year later and now he has one and has taken it to a whole new level. He is an expert at ride reports, and is making me jealous. So I figure I should step my game up too, and say hello. Looking for interesting rides, maybe some information about some areas, and just a reasons to go for a ride.

Anyway, I am from Muskegon, MI. Been riding for about 10 years now, and started out on a 1985 Honda 650 Nighthawk. I moved up to a 2002 Nighthawk 750 a couple years later. Then after an unfortunate trailering accident, my Nighthawk was totaled and I was forced to move up to a 2006 FJR1300. I am still pretty active with my Nighthawk community, moderating Nighthawk-Forums.com and planning an annual rally with that group. But I am really enjoying the sport touring lifestyle. I have 4 trips planned this year, going to Ohio with the FJR group, North Carolina with friends and family, Utah with family (Dad, brother, uncles, and cousin all ride), and Colorado with the Nighthawk-Forums.com folks. Looking forward to seeing what this forum has to offer.
no0ne

Reputation -1

Motorcycles: 47150

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3411 on: April 10, 2012, 05:00:54 PM »

Where do you find the time to ride all those motorcycles?  Lol
I've only owned one at a time until the two I have now. The old 450 is a semi small project to putt around on. The Z is my new fun toy and commuter when the weather is nice.
Kneescrubber

Reputation 18

My Photo Gallery

Just a little more

Ignore
« Reply #3412 on: April 10, 2012, 08:38:39 PM »

I've only owned one at a time until the two I have now. The old 450 is a semi small project to putt around on. The Z is my new fun toy and commuter when the weather is nice.

That's nice. Your info panel says you have 47,150 motorcycles. Thus the question.  Wink

coho
Just here for the pie.

Reputation 23

Motorcycles: BMW R1100RT Yamaha StFU200 ("the dumbbike")
GPS: is for people who can't read maps
Miles Typed: 2664

My Photo Gallery

I see what you did there.

Ignore
« Reply #3413 on: April 10, 2012, 08:43:23 PM »

That's nice. Your info panel says you have 47,150 motorcycles. Thus the question.  Wink

That's a lotta motorbikes. I've only got three and one of those is broken.  Embarassment

"You guys crack me up.  Like you have never done something crazy to get a girl to put her boobs on you."  -wibornz

"My anecdotal evidence can beat up your anecdotal evidence."
Doesn't speak for me

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: Honda 919
GPS: Eastern Western MA
Miles Typed: 649

My Photo Gallery

Motorcycles are dumb.

Ignore
« Reply #3414 on: April 10, 2012, 08:45:45 PM »

Be nice to the new guy.  Stop poking fun.

he has a Z10000, that's a big motor.

Welcome.

Kneescrubber

Reputation 18

My Photo Gallery

Just a little more

Ignore
« Reply #3415 on: April 10, 2012, 08:56:09 PM »

Or how you ride.  Wink

LeMans Mark III, very nice classic bike. I've taken a lap or 50 on one. IMHO the R11S is one of the most underrated sport tourers out there.

Welcome.  Thumbsup

I wuz nice.

And he spelled and punctuated pretty good too.  Lol

Meemuh

Reputation 135

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: 1981 XS650, 2000 Concours
GPS: Holland, MI
Miles Typed: 1271

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3416 on: April 10, 2012, 09:27:14 PM »

A couple years ago, I was riding the Cherohala Skyway with a group of Nighthawks. There was an ST1300 that stopped with a group and was checking out my FJR. He says to me "You should join Sport-Touring.Net." I did, and apparently that was all the further I got. Forgot all about it by the time I got home.

That same trip, I let Mr. hppants, (who said hello on the last page) ride my FJR for a little bit. As soon as he got off, he was hooked. Fast forward a year later and now he has one and has taken it to a whole new level. He is an expert at ride reports, and is making me jealous. So I figure I should step my game up too, and say hello. Looking for interesting rides, maybe some information about some areas, and just a reasons to go for a ride.

Anyway, I am from Muskegon, MI. Been riding for about 10 years now, and started out on a 1985 Honda 650 Nighthawk. I moved up to a 2002 Nighthawk 750 a couple years later. Then after an unfortunate trailering accident, my Nighthawk was totaled and I was forced to move up to a 2006 FJR1300. I am still pretty active with my Nighthawk community, moderating Nighthawk-Forums.com and planning an annual rally with that group. But I am really enjoying the sport touring lifestyle. I have 4 trips planned this year, going to Ohio with the FJR group, North Carolina with friends and family, Utah with family (Dad, brother, uncles, and cousin all ride), and Colorado with the Nighthawk-Forums.com folks. Looking forward to seeing what this forum has to offer.

SWEET!  Another West Michigan guy...you'll find that Michigan is well represented - from bottom to top (literally to Copper Harbor) and from West to East.  As they say down here in Holland, "Welkom".
Royal Tiger

Reputation -205

Motorcycles: See signature
GPS: Lehigh Valley, PA
Miles Typed: 614

My Photo Gallery

Deutsche Rüstungs-Abteilung

Ignore
« Reply #3417 on: April 10, 2012, 09:44:33 PM »

Be nice to the new guy.  Stop poking fun.

he has a Z10000, that's a big motor.

Welcome.

Lol

2013 Yamaha XT250 * 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 * 2007 BMW G650X XChallenge * 2005 BMW R1200ST * 2003 Yamaha PW80
DesignFlaw06
El Conquistador

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2006 Yamaha FJR1300A
GPS: Muskegon, MI

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3418 on: April 11, 2012, 07:52:25 AM »

SWEET!  Another West Michigan guy...you'll find that Michigan is well represented - from bottom to top (literally to Copper Harbor) and from West to East.  As they say down here in Holland, "Welkom".

That's good to hear. Always looking for more excuses to ride. Actually I work in Holland, so I make that trip several times a week. I can do that drive in my sleep. But I'll be paying more attention to Michigan events that pop up.
Mr.Black

Reputation 152

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Motorcycles: '08 GSF1250
GPS: 01543
Miles Typed: 18461

My Photo Gallery

Let's run this up the flagpole and see who salutes

Ignore
« Reply #3419 on: April 11, 2012, 08:04:16 AM »

See you in Byron in June?
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 214   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal