Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: grand opening of the Second Kick Cycle Works of Grove, Oklahoma [photographs]  (Read 5689 times)

Daniel Kalal
It's pronounced Goot-see

Reputation 114

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Guzzi Daytona, Guzzi Stelvio
GPS: Kansas
Miles Typed: 1001

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2014, 12:03:01 am »

This is the grand opening of the Second Kick Cycle Works of Grove, Oklahoma.   Grove is tucked away in the north-east corner of the state, and is very close to  some terrific Ozark Mountain riding.  It's a good location.

Oklahoma

Street signage will surely follow in the weeks to come, but for now, you'll  find the museum just east of the main cross-roads in downtown Grove.   That's it with the reflecting screens in the windows.

Bob and Madolyn Tryon - Museum Benefactors.  Bob is a past racer  (look for #742, below), regional distributor and racing manager for  BSA/Triumph (and likely much more).  They were both quite gracious  explaining things to me.

Lots of motorcycles are on the floor and there is room for lots more.  I  look forward to coming here again and again,

There's a deli in the back with a large selection of sandwiches and  sides.

I wish them all the best!
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

R Doug
Rain is my first name.

Reputation 162

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: '13 R1200GS
GPS: Clemmons, NC
Miles Typed: 12029

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 07:06:42 am »

Did Bob give you any dirt (no pun intended) on any of the big names he's raced against in years past?  Did he race with the likes of Kretz, Reiman, Rayborn, or Mann?
Skee

Reputation 67

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Motorcycles: '08 Wee, 2013 Connie
GPS: SE PA
Miles Typed: 1968

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 08:40:04 am »

Oklahoma is on my list of 3 states I have not visited - most of them have not been on motorcycle - now I have a reason to travel there.   Thanks Dan.  Maybe I head out in the Spring.  

I'd rather be riding anywhere with you than sitting at this d@mn keyboard.
Advertisement

jay547

Reputation 279

Motorcycles: 2015 Yamaha FJ-09, 2019 Honda CRF450L, 2002 Honda CR250, 1973 Yamaha AT-3
GPS: Northeastern, OK
Miles Typed: 3678

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 09:35:45 am »

Thanks, didn't know about this. We go through Grove several times a year on our rides.

Skee, there are two other decent motorcycle museums in Okiehoma. One in Miami, Route 66 Vintage Iron (only about twenty miles from Grove) and another on Route 66 in Warwick, Seaba Station. Also some excellent riding along the eastern side of the state.

It's not the fall that hurts, it's when you hit the ground.

"You really are one stupid idiot." ~Tejasbusa - "Thank you, Dr. Dipstick." ~NinjaLady
jay547

Reputation 279

Motorcycles: 2015 Yamaha FJ-09, 2019 Honda CRF450L, 2002 Honda CR250, 1973 Yamaha AT-3
GPS: Northeastern, OK
Miles Typed: 3678

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 01:24:33 pm »

We went by on Black Friday - cool place, cool bikes, cool people. If Bob is there, be sure you have plenty of time for good stories.

It's not the fall that hurts, it's when you hit the ground.

"You really are one stupid idiot." ~Tejasbusa - "Thank you, Dr. Dipstick." ~NinjaLady
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal