Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print

Topic: One Picture. One Story.  (Read 45841 times)

dorklord

Reputation 7

Motorcycles: 2007 FJR1300, 2003 CBR600F4i
GPS: Wisconsin
Miles Typed: 1176

My Photo Gallery

Is the gas tank half empty or half full?

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2011, 04:21:41 PM »

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk197/darth_geekus/July%204th%202010%20vacation/100_0391Large.jpg

Perspective is an amazing thing. From this  perspective, those bikes could be a slightly overloaded day trip to the beach, or the final result of someone riding halfway across the country to get to an ocean they've never seen. That could be any large body of water. There's something simply universal about the view.

The story of this picture is my ride up to the UP of MI last summer. Lack of vacation days and cost made riding to Alaska with my Dad completely impossible, but I still had grand plans for my wife and I to take our first 'real vacation' together. Unfortunately, a few incidents beyond my control burned a few more vacation days, and medical and budgetary concerns altered our food and lodging options, and the idea of riding out west with my parents and then splitting off to visit Yellowstone when they turned north to Canada fell aside as well. Then even fewer vacation days, uncertainty about dates we could go (which led to trouble finding places to stay) forced us to drop our plan to take a week and ride to the Ozarks. Left with a long holiday weekend, we chose to ride to the UP of Michigan.

The trip was great, and it served as a reminder that although big trips are great fun, you don't need to travel thousands of miles from home to go someplace 'new'.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:35:23 PM by dorklord » Logged

I'm a normal guy. I put my pants on one leg at a time, I wave at the FBI surveillance team in front of my house...I'm just like everybody else.
Sputnik

Reputation 2

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: 03 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans Rosso Corsa, 04 Bandit 1200S
GPS: Lethbridge, Alberta
Miles Typed: 461

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2011, 07:25:28 PM »

I am the type of person who has many acquaintances and only a handful of very close friends. I met my best friend in high school about 34 or 35 years ago. We’re both nuts about motorcycles. We rode together a lot when we were younger, but like many here, both went through a spell when we were without bikes and our attention was more focused on grad school, raising a family, working too hard, and so on. In about 2004, stressed out from work, and with middle age upon us, we both decided to get new bikes and get back into motorcycling. More importantly, we decided we needed a major getaway from everything—work, kids, etc. We needed a boys-only vacation on our bikes. A long one! So in June 2005 we set out on our first major sport-touring road trip together, about a month riding around the western USA and Canada on our Bandit 1200’s. We had no daily schedule, no route planned out, no hotels or campgrounds booked. We just rode all day, in whichever direction we wanted, occasionally looking at maps to find the next batch of twisty roads, or changing direction to avoid a major storm. After about 2 weeks on the road we’d ridden through plenty of rain, snow, cold, sunshine, blistering heat, and some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. We were totally exhausted, but we were having a blast!

There are some days on such a trip that you really get into the groove. Everything is just right. The roads are incredible, you’re doing everything right on the bike, the scenery is amazing, and the camaraderie priceless. And things just work themselves out in strange ways—serendipity perhaps. This picture is the culmination of one of those days. We’d had a brilliant day, riding from Morro Bay up the PCH to Monterey, and then up through Salinas to Hollister. By the time we arrived in Hollister we were hot, tired, thirsty, and, having been camping for a few days, very much in need of a shower. With some trepidation and embarrassment we decided to check into the “Cinderella Motel” (not very manly is it!). Now neither of us is a Marlon Brando look-alike, and so either by chance or because of our odor, we were assigned room number 5: “The Wild Ones Room”. You will have to stay there yourself one day to fully appreciate the murals painted on the walls inside this room!  We showered up, headed to a nearby bar for plenty of well deserved refreshments, and retired to the Wild Ones room with the groovy wall murals at about 11 pm. We did not, however, get much sleep. The “neighbors” checked in to their own peculiarly named room at about 11pm. Then the party really started at about 11:30pm, with Mr and Mrs Neighbor (probably not their own partner Mr and Mrs) settling into what is probably the longest, loudest, and repeated love-making session in the history of Hollister. Actually love-making is probably too gentle a term; it was more of a full-blown shag-fest. At 4AM we were splitting a gut and still listening to the screamers next door, but didn’t have the heart to go and ask them to shut it down.

A few weeks later we completed our 10,000km boys-only sport-touring holiday. This trip with my best buddy is probably the most enjoyable bike trip and vacation of my life. It was the first vacation I had had lasting more than a week in the past decade. It was cathartic—sort of like rediscovering your youth.  We have done a similar trip every year for the last 6 years. But of all these trips, and all those days on the road and all those thousands of km, I will never forget that day riding the PCH and spending the night in the “Wild Ones” room. Priceless memories. See what stories lie behind a stupid motel room door picture!

"If the misery of our poor be caused not by nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin".
Charles Darwin.
bubba zanetti
2008 Moto Guzzi Norge 2003 DRZ400S

Reputation 54

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
GPS: Kootenays British Columbia above the US eh ...eh?
Miles Typed: 5479

My Photo Gallery

Easy. I know what I'm doing… kinda ...

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2011, 07:34:21 PM »

Great story Ivan  Clap  ... thanks.

I think I stayed in a sister motel in Greece ... OMG ... like a casting call for a Fellini movie  

Who knew that ... "Gala .. thelospho mijuska sigmoni SIGMONI xedohino splaghala !!! splaghals !!! "   meant  .. " do me in my lovely bottom you hairy greek man"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:41:05 PM by bubba zanetti » Logged

Atitalongtime
Built for Comfort, adicted to Speed

Reputation 9

Motorcycles: K1200GT
GPS: North Texas
Miles Typed: 466

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2011, 12:31:27 AM »

Beerchug

Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak..
Rabidsnipe

Reputation 8

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: None
GPS: Edmond, OK
Miles Typed: 1123

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2011, 09:26:01 PM »

I started working as an engineer at Tinker AFB straight out of school.  I entered a world of complex red-tape and antiquated hierarchy that was difficult to understand and impossible to penetrate.  I felt overwhelmed.

Shortly, I meet a group of engineers just a little older and all "cooler" than me.  They played sports, lifted weights together after work, would wakeboard on the weekends.  One of them owned a storage facility.  One of them was building a Cobra kit car in his garage.  These guys were the epitome of cool.  They took me in and started showing me the ropes.  They were better than me at almost everything save one: motorcycling.

Granted, I had a few years head start to polish my skills. When they found out I had a motorcycle, that I had ridden it places like New Mexico and Big Bend, and when I started riding everyday during the summer, I suddenly had some sway in this group of cool.  Only one way to solidify my place in the pack; take them on a motorcycle trip.

To Arkansas we headed; there were 7 of us in the group.  All but two had never been on an overnight motorcycle ride before.  All but two had never been out of central Oklahoma on a motorcycle before.  The best part of the trip was watching the lights go off in their heads as they realized riding a motorcycle through the mountains was a blast.  This picture sums up that emotion.  It was taken at the intersection of highway 16 & highway 21 in the heart of the Ozarks.  When we stopped, Todd (on the far right) jumped off his motorcycle and exclaimed "That was Awesome!"  He had never ridden a road like that in his life.

Over time, our group slowly fell apart.  One of the guys moved to Utah to follow his wife to her medical residency.  One guy sold his bike for investments after he sold his storage facility.  One guy got spooked after crashing twice in a 6 month window.  One guy got married and we haven't seen him since.  I'd like to think that one day we can all get back together again and relive the glory days.  But until then, I can think fondly of the trip we had through Arkansas when Botts (far left) accidentally picked up a 43 year old mother of two and took her out to Dickson Street in Fayetteville.  But that's another story  Wink

-Chase
Orson
speshulize in havin' fun

Reputation 78

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '00 Aprilia Mille, '02 Moto Guzzi Le Mans, '04 Triumph Thruxton
GPS: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Miles Typed: 13895

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2011, 12:54:14 AM »

Further is the name given to the bus used in the 1960s by Ken Kesey and his band of Merry Pranksters to roam the country, fueled by youthful exuberance and perhaps a few other things  Smile It's just a single word yet, somehow, a single word that manages to evoke wanderlust and the pull of the open road. To ride all day and then, wake up the next day and do it all over again  Smile And when you finally get home to comfort and familiarity, you soon find yourself looking at maps and wanting to go further...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/Orsoni/Picture002.jpg

Mr.Black

Reputation 152

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Motorcycles: '08 GSF1250
GPS: 01543
Miles Typed: 18460

My Photo Gallery

Let's run this up the flagpole and see who salutes

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2011, 06:43:22 AM »

Further is the name given to the bus used in the 1960s by Ken Kesey and his band of Merry Pranksters to roam the country, fueled by youthful exuberance and perhaps a few other things  Smile It's just a single word yet, somehow, a single word that manages to evoke wanderlust and the pull of the open road. To ride all day and then, wake up the next day and do it all over again  Smile And when you finally get home to comfort and familiarity, you soon find yourself looking at maps and wanting to go further...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/Orsoni/Picture002.jpg

The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began.

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab119/john2cook1/HippieSmileyFace.jpg

Doooood. Thumbsup

No pic or story. Sue me.  Twofinger
tankhead
I took the road less traveled and it has made all the difference.

Reputation 14

Motorcycles: 09 BUELL Ulysses XB12X
Miles Typed: 707

My Photo Gallery

One time and one time only.

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2011, 07:50:30 AM »

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x154/tankheadxb9sx/IMG_1683-1.jpg
It was a trip of a lifetime.  Close to 8000 miles, solo, for three weeks.  This is Capitol Reef.  I was in the canyon of sheer magnesium stained walls.  I turned the corner I found myself in a pocked slit in the earth and the trail was getting more narrow by the yard.  As the sound of thunder cracked and the sky illuminated sparsely, I snapped some photos to remind me of this moment.  Though it is not in focus (many of the other shots were and are gorgeous) it is a reminder to me of the adventure I call "The Summer of 2008".
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:55:44 AM by tankhead » Logged
tjhess74
Burning old dinosaurs is what I do

Reputation -17

Years Contributed: '08
Motorcycles: 2008 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2007 Honda VFR800 RWB
GPS: North Charleston, SC
Miles Typed: 2135

My Photo Gallery

two of my favorite things...

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2011, 09:50:49 AM »

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg47/rehess79/289.jpg

after years of talk, a friend and i finally got our asses organized and did the trip weve been dreaming about; we get on our bikes and go.  i had a new baby coming and it was now or potentially never; go for as far as we can in the time we had available.  turns out, in 21 days we rode nearly 8k miles from south carolina all around the u.s., mostly camping along the way.  ive travelled alot in my life and ive taken long bike trips...but not like this.  we saw sights that ive dreamed of seeing since i was a child.  things like yellowstone np, devils tower, bonneville salt flats, little big horn nbm, cadillac ranch, etc.  it was a relaxing time of discovery that i will never forget for as long as i live.  i can still close my eyes and feel the impressiveness of some of the most amazing places this country has to offer.

this pic is in the beginning of our third day, in b.f.e. nebraska.  the excitement level during this pic was almost uncontainable, as the weather and scenery were perfect, and we had the whole trip of unknown discovery ahead of us

ride report for those that are interested...
http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,44415.0.html
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:00:21 AM by tjhess74 » Logged

i ride.  to work, to home, to the store, to kill time.  doesn't matter when, what the weather, or with who.  i ride.

Iron Butt Association #30337
GraniteGray

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 2008 FZ1 / 2009 KLX450R
GPS: Newfoundland
Miles Typed: 128

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2011, 11:43:27 AM »

My good friend 'Doug' tends to tip over, while on our off road excursions, at the most inopportune moments. I snapped this shot of him and his bike thrashing around, during a water-crossing off road tip-over. What're friends for, after all?!

Bigsmile

connick

Reputation 4

Motorcycles: 2006 Yamaha FZ1N, 2004 EX-250
GPS: Fort Worth, TX
Miles Typed: 326

My Photo Gallery

doesn't like crashing

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2011, 01:31:25 PM »

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/sckego/Barber%208-10/101_2341.jpg

August 2010.  Myself and 11 others made the 700-mile haul from DFW to Birmingham (in trucks, trailers, and a T-Rex... not riding the whole way) for a trackday weekend at Barber Motorsports Park.  It started raining as we got into eastern Mississippi and never really let up.  We went to bed Friday night praying for clear skies in the morning... it was not to be.  We woke up to more heavy rain, and with low spirits loaded up and set off for the track.  The mood was pretty subdued when we arrived.... nearly everyone there was from Texas and had just driven several hundred miles to attend this event, only to be greeted with weather like this.  On top of that, it was announced that we would be allowed to run in the rain if we chose, except that even that was being delayed due to lightning in the area.  So, it was back to the pits to wait it out and see if it would clear.  Finally at some time past 10AM the track went green for the first session, even though it was still raining steadily.  Everyone was taking it easy, due both to the rain and the fact that most of us had never been to Barber before.  We got a second session before lunch, and the rain had slowed to a steady drizzle... I think this picture was taken then.  By the time lunch was finished, the rain had stopped and the track was slowly drying out.  By midafternoon, it was dry, grippy, and everyone had a blast for the rest of the day and the next.  By far the most fun track I've ever been on, and totally worth the trip.  Goes to show that just because something starts out looking crappy, doesn't mean it won't get better!

Oh, and Ridesmart is returning to Barber for an encore this coming August.  Entries went on sale last weekend... the intermediate group sold out in less then 36 hours.  EEK!  Think everyone is excited about going back?

Kegan
'06 FZ1N - '04 EX250
IBA #41999 Fort Worth Motorcycle Riders
maddjack
UFO Pilot

Reputation 43

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: Triumph Speed Triple and Kawasaki Versys
GPS: McCandless township PA>
Miles Typed: 5130

My Photo Gallery

RIDE

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2011, 07:42:04 AM »

May 2003

I was in a blue funk after losing one of my best friends and a lifelong riding partner to a stupid tragic accident. I needed to ride to remember the good times we had, so I opted to take one of our favorite rides and ride Skyline drive and the BRP end to end. I hooked up with the other surviving member of the 3 amigos and we rode for 10 days and paid tribute to a great person, and freed our minds of his loss.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/maddjack/2003044.jpg

I occasionally attend some STN events    Wink
Ack535

Reputation 75

Motorcycles: 1998 CBR1100XX, 2005 CRF250X, 05 FJR R.I.P.
GPS: Williamston MI USA
Miles Typed: 940

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2011, 10:23:14 AM »

This past October, the planets and stars all lined up for me. The weather was perfect (clear skies, mild temps,) the bike was all good, work was not an issue, and the wife gave me a kitchen pass for the entire weekend! Bigsmile

I rode out the to the "West Coast" of Michigan, and headed North.

In mid to late afternoon, I landed in the picturesque town of Charlevoix. Parts of this town are straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting. That is where I took this shot.

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr106/ack535/PA090146.jpg

Had a great rest of the trip through M 119 and across to Cheboygan where I ate some bad Chinese food for dinner!

Pete

Pete
Kneescrubber
King of the 90º flat turn

Reputation 18

Motorcycles: '99 Honda VFR, '73 BMW R75/5
GPS: The western U.S. is strewn with paper maps I've lost from my tankbag.
Miles Typed: 3787

My Photo Gallery

Just a little more

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2011, 06:26:48 PM »

In '07 David and I rode out to Monterey for the MotoGP at Laguna Seca. David left Houston a few days earlier than I left Dallas so he could visit some friends and relatives in SoCal. I left Amarillo early Thursday and arrived in Barstow that evening. Boy, I thought West Texas was hot in July. So I figured I'd outsmart the heat and get up at 4am so I could leave before the sun came up. Shit, I walked outside my motel room at 5am to load up the bike and it's still nearly 105º, and the suns not up yet.  Crazy So the plan is get to the coast as quickly as possible. I picked up US 1 at Morro Bay and rode north to Monterey. I still maintain that sections of US 1 should be 2 wheeled motorized traffic only. David and I had a great time in Monterey, being at the track, checking out Fisherman's Wharf, all the touristy stuff. I even got to hook up with my bff:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/pak714/meandkenny.jpg

That's me on the right in case you were wondering.

So we left Monterey Monday morning and rode to Flagstaff on our way to sw Colorado. David had never ridden Colorado before and I was eager to introduce him to some of the roads I've been riding since I was a kid. We spent 3 days riding the San Juans and more. But in the end our luck finally ran out the day we were heading back home. Between Pagosa Springs and Chama we finally got caught about 10 miles from the CO/NM state line.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/pak714/busted-1.jpg

Oh well. It was a blast anyway.

And thanks Orson for reviving an old thread for some of us newbies.  Bigok

I'm on ST.N so its not like I'm a productive member of society anyway.   DogBoy
It's the internet.  It runs on drama.    Cablebandit
The difference between fiction and reality is fiction has to be believable.  Tom Clancy
1TRAK

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2010 NT700V 2009 DRZ400S 2003 KDX200
GPS: SW MICHIGAN
Miles Typed: 21

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2011, 09:34:38 PM »

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/1trakk/258-1.jpg                                                       Highland Scenic Highway, Almost Heaven West Virginia.  Rode this slice of dessert last year on the way home from a BRP trip. West Virginia has endless curves that takes you to some of the most spectacular scenery you'll ever see. Try The Mountain State sometime, you won't be disappointed!    

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:52:52 PM by 1TRAK » Logged

1TRAK   ENTER CENTERED ::: LOOK AHEAD
FJR-UK
Retired STNer

Reputation 15

Motorcycles: 2010 FJR1300
GPS: SE London
Miles Typed: 571

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2011, 09:06:12 AM »

I found an old box of 35mm slides that were going moldy. Here’s one I managed to salvage:

Lake Champlain, July 1983. (Left to right: Terry O’Brien, Paul Johnson, The Gorgeous Blonde I Travel With, Marie Johnson)

T.G.B.I.T.W. (aka Joanna) is English. I met her in Boston in 1976 and we were married in ‘79. She kept flying home to visit her folks and I was bridling at the cost. Plus, I fancied working in the London advertising industry. So, during the cold, cold winter of ’82, I decide we should pack up and move to jolly olde England.

I had a 2-5 year plan and, as I was going to be away so long, I didn’t fancy covering all that distance in just a few hours. So, we booked passage on the TSS Stefan Batory, a Polish ocean liner sailing out of Montreal to Tilbury Docks in London.

We were living in a rented apartment at the time. We had a yard sale and sold everything that we could not take on the ship. What didn’t sell, was given away. It was cathartic. I couldn’t sell my roller skates, so I found a girl who fit the skates, gave her a quick lesson and sent her away on wheels.

With the profit, we took all our friends to dinner.

Oh yeah, the photograph.

Another reason for the ocean liner was they would carry my bike and belongings. Also, we had never been to Canada, so we planned for a week in Montreal with a visit to Quebec. My mother and father in California would fly out to meet us and my great biker friends joined us on the trip from Boston to Montreal.

There were four bikes. Terry on his Kawasaki. PJ and Zoo-Tramp Marie on his Harley. Tommy on his Triumph (I think) and I was on the 1982 Kawasaki K1000J in the photo.

I hated travelling with this crew, because we never went on a run without one of them breaking down. They busted my chops when I bought Japanese, but I said I wanted a reliable bike. On this trip, I was the one who broke down.

I had overzealously tightened my chain for the trip, not taking into account the extra weight of all that luggage and T.G.B.I.T.W. on the back. By the time we got to Burlington, Vermont (I believe) I needed a new chain and sprocket set. Tommy and PJ were delighted.

It was my last bike trip in North America.
RoadBound

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: KLR650
Miles Typed: 2

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2011, 10:01:06 PM »

IMG_6429

Taken in Glacier National Park, July '08. That's my ZRX in the background. The road in the picture is the Going To The Sun Road. It was just opened that day after the roads were finally cleared of snow. I stopped to get a picture of the Weaping Wall and noticed this ram up on the hillside. It calmly walked down into the parking lot and sort of ambled around. A woman started screaming for everyone to leave it alone that it was scared and trying to get through to the opposite side of the lot. What the ram was really doing though was looking for a handout. Enough people insist on feeding the animals that the park's wildlife know to associate tourists with food. After I took this shot, I sat down on a rock to get a better shot and it walked right up to me and stopped, obviously waiting for a treat. Unfortunately for him I think there are many good reasons not to feed the animals.
fireman
Can you sport-tour on a dual sport?

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 2007 VFR 800
GPS: Gray Ga
Miles Typed: 165

My Photo Gallery

Never let the sun set on an angry heart

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2011, 09:04:10 PM »

I've been riding since I was seven. Watching my two children and my nephew talk about their day of riding in the same place I learned to ride is absolutely priceless. I will have this picture forever.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h39/Z-1000/Family035.jpg

Life is not how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-
brockep

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: 03 FJR
GPS: West Des Moines, Ia
Miles Typed: 270

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2011, 08:45:15 PM »

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad219/brockep/Wisconsin_2010/DSC01835.jpg

Fall 2010 ride in Southwestern Wisconsin.   Great sunset over the Mississippi River Valley.  Picture taken from the overlook at Nelson Dewy State Park near Cassville, WI.

This was a great long weekend trip, the weather was perfect and the camp grounds in Wisconsin are really nice and everyone was very friendly.  Next fall I am planning on doing a similar trip.

dorklord

Reputation 7

Motorcycles: 2007 FJR1300, 2003 CBR600F4i
GPS: Wisconsin
Miles Typed: 1176

My Photo Gallery

Is the gas tank half empty or half full?

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2011, 09:48:32 PM »

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk197/darth_geekus/100_0304.jpg

My dad I rode up to the Mississippi headwaters last year for Memorial day. My wife couldn't come along, and my Mom couldn't go either, so it was just the two of us. My dad was on his wing with his tent/trailer thing. There was a hot, stop-and-go traffic section on the way up there, and just after we got our tents set up, it started raining. The next morning it was drizzling and supposed to start raining at any moment, but we decided to go to the park and see Lake Itasca anyway. When we got there, I saw this sign and couldn't help but think of all the 'FJR is too big to be a sport touring bike' comments on here, so I snapped this picture.

We were nearly eaten alive by the mosquitoes (I didn't think they'd be able to bite right through my motorcycle jacket...), but got a surprise reprieve from them when it started pouring.

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad219/brockep/Wisconsin_2010/DSC01835.jpg

Fall 2010 ride in Southwestern Wisconsin.   Great sunset over the Mississippi River Valley.  Picture taken from the overlook at Nelson Dewy State Park near Cassville, WI.

This was a great long weekend trip, the weather was perfect and the camp grounds in Wisconsin are really nice and everyone was very friendly.  Next fall I am planning on doing a similar trip.

Did you camp at Nelson Dewy? My wife and I camped in one of the 'walk in' or 'cart in' sites or whatever they call them. It is right on the edge of the bluff, looking out over the river. Simply amazing.

I'm a normal guy. I put my pants on one leg at a time, I wave at the FBI surveillance team in front of my house...I'm just like everybody else.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal