Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Integrating Passport 9500, iPhone & NAV via BlueTooth  (Read 282 times)

RockyMtnWay

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2005 FJR 1300
GPS: Santa Barbara (Previously Victoria BC)
Miles Typed: 187

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: August 16, 2016, 05:01:42 PM »

Greetings,

My helmet has a jack for an audio cable and speakers inside.   Can I get a BlueTooth receiver to use in place of the old style wired/tethered method?

I will be simplifying my device collection and now only have NAV (BMW Navigator V), iPhone, and Passport 9500.

I am not sure how many sources can attach to a BlueTooth receiver, or the recommended brands, so looking for some advice from someone who has been down this road.

I can probably integrate my iPhone into the NAV, but not sure about the Passport 9500.  So probably 2 sources then?

Thanks,

Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

RBEmerson
Repaired but not refurbed

Reputation 7

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: '03 BMW K1200RS
GPS: Skippack, PA, USA
Miles Typed: 3502

My Photo Gallery

Ground control to Major Tom...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 10:07:51 AM »

The good news is BT dongles with a headphone jack exist. I'm not sure how pairing works, and I suspect that three devices is one too many. Unless you can route the 9500 through the Nav V, which I doubt. Ditto for the iPhone (calls probably handled but no joy with getting music). About the only hope is to route the Nav V and 9500 through an audio mixer (Google and eBay same) with a second BT dongle which would is paired with the helmet BT dongle. Plan on carrying a lot of batteries. Plan on being frustrated and angry. A lot. Google on "Bluetooth adapter jack" and ditto on eBay.

BTW Nav V on a Feejer and not a Beemer?  Headscratch

If you're dead, you don't know it, and it's only difficult for others. It's the same way when you're stupid...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal