Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Any Sena 10C owners?  (Read 1279 times)

RBEmerson
Repaired but not refurbed

Reputation 17

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: '03 BMW K1200RS
GPS: Skippack, PA, USA
Miles Typed: 3628

My Photo Gallery

Ground control to Major Tom...

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2016, 09:04:07 AM »

I'm thinking about a Sena 10C. The current BMW MOA magazine did a (too brief) piece about Hero, 10C, and Prism cameras. 10C might be the best fit for me. Time to ask the rider(s) who has (have) one.

If you're dead, you don't know it, and it's only difficult for others. It's the same way when you're stupid...
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Swagfu

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: 2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA
GPS: Deland, Fl
Miles Typed: 232

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 08:14:49 PM »

I have a Sena 10c. I have only ridden with it one time though. Maybe I can answer some questions?
RBEmerson

Reputation 17

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 10:17:39 PM »

I did some more digging and think now the Prism might be a better option. As I get it, the 10C's got one battery for the intercom and camera. Wear out the camera battery and the intercom goes, too. AFAIK, there's no way to swap out battery packs. Sena certainly makes it impossible with the SMH-10 or 20S that I own. All of that said, I'd still like to hear your overall take on the 10C.

If you're dead, you don't know it, and it's only difficult for others. It's the same way when you're stupid...
Advertisement

Swagfu

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: 2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA
GPS: Deland, Fl
Miles Typed: 232

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 11:59:04 PM »

I have only used it one time since I bought it. You are correct about the battery. I only got about an hour forty five minutes of recording. I thought I would get a bit more. The nice thing is that everything else I use on it works the same at the Fm5 and smh10 I have. Music and phone are perfect. I have never paired to anyone else but I imagine that's the same as well. The video quality was very good as I had it on the highest setting. They have an app you can download and make some adjustments on the road, or you can plug into the computer and make adjustments. I think if I went with a lower quality setting I would get more time. But I haven't the chance to mess with it too much yet. All that being said, not sure I am a video guy or not, but I do like the option I guess. Oh, one other thing, I think I read where you could charge it while in use. Haven't tried that yet either, but that's a pretty good option. I did put a microsd card in for more memory. That was easy. And on the battery life, the camera shuts off when its close to the end, but the rest of the function will still work for a while. I am not sure how long exactly, but mine went about 20 more minutes til I got home.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions.
Plummer

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: R1200RS
Miles Typed: 26

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 09:06:03 AM »

Sounds good.  But how does this app work exactly?
RBEmerson

Reputation 17

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 10:57:30 AM »

Through a BT connection, it allows setting the device's features from a phone rather than fiddling with the jog knob. It's a cleaner way to do things.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal