Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print

Topic: (MI) Region 4 meet MDW 2007 ---Pics & reports  (Read 21567 times)

Leugs

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Suzuki SV650
Miles Typed: 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2007, 09:39:16 PM »

Forester - I just registered.  Count me in!   I'll be riding up with DeKruyter.
forester
My money grows on trees.

Reputation -16

Motorcycles: 2006 Suzuki DL650 V-strom
GPS: Cold side of conus
Miles Typed: 2686

My Photo Gallery

06' 'strom: world's bestest bike.

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2007, 09:53:56 PM »

Forester - I just registered.  Count me in!   I'll be riding up with DeKruyter.
Welcome!  Thumbsup Looking forward to seeing all of you up here on Saturday and those of you who can make North Peak on Friday as well!  Bigok

For a forester, EVERY day is Earth day.
               SCHADENFREUDE!. Beerchug
forester
My money grows on trees.

Reputation -16

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2007, 10:11:44 PM »

I am e-mailing those who requested Garmin GPS files from me within the hour.  These are Saturday's (315 miles) and Sunday's (308 miles) rides in both .gpx and .mps formats.  If I missed anyone, please send me a private message with your e-mail attached.

and I will respond in kind with the files attached.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all and showing you a few cool places to ride motorcycles.  This ride has something awesome for every rider in it.  

I sincerely hope you enjoy the sights and roads and that this extended weekend provides you with a great experience in our state's "Up North" playground.

SCHADENFREUDE!. Beerchug
Niner

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: PC800
GPS: Owosso MI
Miles Typed: 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2007, 10:22:45 PM »

Chime in if you want to camp with us, or if we should join you.

Mark

I'll be at Cycle Moores on Saturday and Sunday night - I'd like to meet up with the other riders and camp together, but I don't know that we have a leader in the campground yet.  I'll be on a big white fluffy bike with a small grey & red tent, if I get there before you guys (or if I get there after and you see me setting up).

Henry
mxvet57
Let's find some twisty's

Reputation -105

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: 04 FJR1300 06 SPEED TRIPLE 88 EX500 05 YZ250 01 YZ 250 91 KX 500
GPS: Mt. prospect ill.
Miles Typed: 15246

My Photo Gallery

Loud horns save lives

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2007, 11:41:11 PM »

i will be in Travers city tomorrow night. doing my annual around the lakes trip. will be staying at the best western in t.c.
if any one is in the area stop on by. the group starts rolling in around 5:00/5:30.
 I'll be wearing a STN shirt. we'll be in the lot cracking some cold ones.

http://www.aroundthelakes.net/atl2007/

It's not the fall that will kill you it's that sudden stop

04 FJR 1300 1/4 million mile club and then some.
forester
My money grows on trees.

Reputation -16

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: May 24, 2007, 05:52:55 AM »

i will be in Travers city tomorrow night. doing my annual around the lakes trip. will be staying at the best western in t.c.
if any one is in the area stop on by. the group starts rolling in around 5:00/5:30.
 I'll be wearing a STN shirt. we'll be in the lot cracking some cold ones.

http://www.aroundthelakes.net/atl2007/
 Of course, I'm not too far away - chillerguy is IN TC, but I can't speak for his plans.  Not sure if I'll ride up there or not.  If I do, I'll be looking for the STN shirted guy.  Lol

SCHADENFREUDE!. Beerchug
bedlamite
Hey y'all, Watch this!

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: SV1000S, KLR650
GPS: WI
Miles Typed: 1178

My Photo Gallery

Ack! Plbttphbt!

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2007, 07:40:44 AM »

I'll be at Cycle Moores on Saturday and Sunday night - I'd like to meet up with the other riders and camp together, but I don't know that we have a leader in the campground yet.  I'll be on a big white fluffy bike with a small grey & red tent, if I get there before you guys (or if I get there after and you see me setting up).

Henry

I'll be there Friday through Monday, look for the Silver SV1000S and green/grey dome tent.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 08:38:48 AM by bedlamite » Logged

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Rob (from Hoosierville)
'05 ST1300A

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2005 ST1300A
GPS: N41 42.588 W85 56.309
Miles Typed: 53

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2007, 07:49:04 AM »

I'm looking forward to meeting all the Friday arrivals tomorrow night at North Peak. I'm meeting Sparky at the ferry docks in Muskegon tomorrow for a coastline ride on the trip up. This should work up a pretty good thirst!

Note to all: Watch the weather and bring your raingear. We've got a pretty good frontline coming through (see first link below). We're supposed to get rain late Thursday PM and early Friday AM here in Elkhart/South Bend, and later the farther North and East you get. It's going to cool off a bit too. A couple good weather links:

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php (Nice full color radar loop of the whole nation)

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Traverse+City%2C+MI (TC Weather)

Rob (from Hoosierville)

Setting fashion trends with safety bling.
forester
My money grows on trees.

Reputation -16

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2007, 02:53:33 PM »

Yep, so far the weather looks promising - definitely cooler than the 85 degrees it is out here today - and there is a potential for rain late Saturday evening to Sunday A/M.  Figure lows in the upper 40s to highs in the upper 60s possibly low 70s.  Always bring rain gear on rides - otherwise, it will rain for sure!  Lol  FYI, all the forecasts for our local weather have been a bit off for the last couple of months or so.  It's always unpredictable this time of year here, but at least we probably won't have snow now...

Rob - Muskegon?  Cool.  If you have an extra hour and a half or so, check out the blockhouse on Scenic Drive just North of the state park entrance (IIRC) next to Lake Michigan.  It will be a bit cool temperature wise by the lake, but there are some nice elevation changes and sweepers on that road.  Stick to the Lake from there up to Ludington (having to go around White Lake and then jump back on Scenic Dr. and go East on 10 at Ludington to 37.  That ride is very cool, somewhat twisty (if not a tad more so around Bass Lake).  It will put a smile on your face, time permitting!  Thumbsup

I'm looking forward to meeting all the Friday arrivals tomorrow night at North Peak. I'm meeting Sparky at the ferry docks in Muskegon tomorrow for a coastline ride on the trip up. This should work up a pretty good thirst!

Note to all: Watch the weather and bring your raingear. We've got a pretty good frontline coming through (see first link below). We're supposed to get rain late Thursday PM and early Friday AM here in Elkhart/South Bend, and later the farther North and East you get. It's going to cool off a bit too. A couple good weather links:

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php (Nice full color radar loop of the whole nation)

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Traverse+City%2C+MI (TC Weather)

SCHADENFREUDE!. Beerchug
Rob (from Hoosierville)
'05 ST1300A

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2005 ST1300A
GPS: N41 42.588 W85 56.309
Miles Typed: 53

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2007, 03:51:32 PM »

That's the route I've got mapped out. Instead of jumping over to M37 (very tempting and one of my favorites) I was planning to follow the coast on M22 from Manistee all the way up by the dunes and around the Leelanau. At least that's plan "A". We'll see what Mark (Sparky) wants to do. I'm easy either way. The ferry gets in at 9:30 AM so we should have plenty of time to see the sights before the North Peak. If the weather is ugly we can adapt as required. I rode up M37 last October and it poured from Newago until I got to M55. It was still a great ride. Several huddled packs of HD riders looked pretty surprised as I rode past them in the rain. It seems their bandannas, vests, and half helmets didn't afford much protection from the elements. They did have more chrome though  Lol

Rob (from Hoosierville)

Setting fashion trends with safety bling.
trinibob

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: fjr 04
GPS: midland michigan
Miles Typed: 41

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2007, 04:01:07 PM »

route problem when i go to load the sunday route to the garmin 2610 it says route turncoaded???
does this mean it is to large for the card in my gps or do i have to much info saved ??
trinibob

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2007, 04:12:38 PM »

route problem when i go to load the sunday route to the garmin 2610 it says route turncoaded???
does this mean it is to large for the card in my gps or do i have to much info saved ??

Ok the route is to big no problem can fix that by splitting and remaking it in to two parts now what’s the starting point of Sundays run and the end?
Sunday’s ride info reads that we leave 10:00 am sharp from cracker barrel but the route is a bit away from it on my map?
Sparky
Titanium Plated

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: '08 Suzuki GSXR600
GPS: Union Grove, WI
Miles Typed: 319

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2007, 04:31:11 PM »

I created a new route in MapSource using forester's route as a guide and it loaded into my gps without any problems.

Mark
trinibob

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2007, 04:59:07 PM »

I created a new route in MapSource using forester's route as a guide and it loaded into my gps without any problems.

i have a 2 gig card and no other routes loaded i have heard of this problem before ????
i will get it in there some how even if i half to use a hammer !@$#@$
last thing ? ?
using the route as it is and the starting point as the cracker barrell will we go north first or south on the route ??
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 05:06:13 PM by trinibob » Logged
Sparky
Titanium Plated

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2007, 05:05:47 PM »

i have a 2 gig card and no other routes loaded i have heard of this problem before ????
i will get it in there some how even if i half to use a hammer !@$#@$
last thing ? ?
using the route as it is and the starting point as the cracker barrell will we go north first or south ??

South

Mark
Sparky
Titanium Plated

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2007, 05:44:47 PM »

I'm all gased up and almost all packed up. I'm leaving for the ferry around 4:30am tomorrow morning.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i317/mkjeldgaard/Club%20Rides/Jan072007002Medium.jpg

Mark
forester
My money grows on trees.

Reputation -16

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2007, 08:37:47 PM »

Ok the route is to big no problem can fix that by splitting and remaking it in to two parts now what’s the starting point of Sundays run and the end?
Sunday’s ride info reads that we leave 10:00 am sharp from cracker barrel but the route is a bit away from it on my map?

This is correct.  The routes do not include the exact departure address - they start on major roads in TC which are very easy to get to via the departure points (e.g. Bob Evans and cracker barrel).  Don't forget that I'm getting you some info packets and you will have those prior to the runs - I'll get you to the place your GPS will kick in.  Bigsmile

« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 08:53:03 PM by forester » Logged

SCHADENFREUDE!. Beerchug
kawrider67

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 02 concours
GPS: Chicago
Miles Typed: 33

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: May 25, 2007, 07:12:28 PM »

Ok  count me in + 2 guests we should be leaving Sat AM   Cool

See you all Sat afternoon

Dave
bedlamite
Hey y'all, Watch this!

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: SV1000S, KLR650
GPS: WI
Miles Typed: 1178

My Photo Gallery

Ack! Plbttphbt!

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: May 25, 2007, 09:02:48 PM »

I is here  Smile I'm at site 18 at Cycle Moore.

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
trinibob

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2007, 06:54:58 AM »

I is here  Smile I'm at site 18 at Cycle Moore.

we will see ya tonight around 5 pm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal