Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
Print

Topic: (MI) Region 4 meet MDW 2007 ---Pics & reports  (Read 22128 times)

Mr.Awesome
Motorcyclist

Reputation 25

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: 04 Sprint ST, 99 KLR 250
GPS: Metamora, MI
Miles Typed: 868

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2007, 09:42:34 PM »

Weldon's pasties,  NE corner of 15mile and Dequindre in the plaza. Get a traditional pastie with a small gravy. Slit it open on the top and pour the gravy in. Mmmmm.  Dam i'm hungry now.
sleazy rider

Reputation 35

Years Contributed: '06, '07
Years Supported: '11
Miles Typed: 5428

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2007, 07:37:25 AM »

Weldon's pasties,  NE corner of 15mile and Dequindre in the plaza. Get a traditional pastie with a small gravy. Slit it open on the top and pour the gravy in. Mmmmm.  Dam i'm hungry now.

I smell a Michigan Region 4 Ride/Eat meetup in the works!   Lol 
matkal
Assault Commuter

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2000 R1150GS, '04 DRZ400s
GPS: Mi's thumb
Miles Typed: 546

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2007, 01:19:40 PM »

I smell a Michigan Region 4 Ride/Eat meetup in the works!   Lol 

No. I just farted. Lmao

Sorry, couldn't help it. Embarassment

There are two kinds of riders
Those that make excuses NOT to ride
And those that make excuses TO ride I'm the latter
basco

Reputation 6

Motorcycles: 09 BMW R1200 GSA
GPS: Colorado Springs, CO
Miles Typed: 3023

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2007, 02:57:36 PM »

My moms are cubed(round?)steak, onion,potato and rutabega, without which, IMO, its not a pastie.
Nunna them goddamn carrots either! Lol And gravy is for mashed potatos. Crazy

Yup, those are the ones and definitely no carrots or gravy. My mom uses round steak also.

STN Nationals: 09, 08, 06
ESTN: 07, 05, 04
R4: 04, 05 R3: 08
Nowhereman

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: '99 BMW K1200RS
GPS: State of Confusion, Region 4
Miles Typed: 64

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2007, 06:54:14 PM »

I'd like to go, but I might be in N.C. to see the latest addition to the family (third grandchild).
Any count on how many are moteling it and the number camping? Not that it reallly matters I'll probably be too broke to afford a roof. Rolleyes

MilleArp
Microbrew Snob

Reputation 7

Motorcycles: 2003 Aprilia Mille-R (for sale), 2004 BMW R1100S (for sale), 2009 K1300GT, 2009 Suzuki DR-Z400S, 2005 FZ1
GPS: 2 close 2 Detroit
Miles Typed: 640

My Photo Gallery

BEER GOOD

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2007, 08:47:18 PM »

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... upper MI pasties............. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...........

sleazy rider

Reputation 35

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2007, 03:38:14 AM »

We stopped by Weldons on Saturday while headed back home.  It's strictly a carryout place!
basco

Reputation 6

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2007, 08:42:14 PM »

BTW, where is Forester? Its like he dropped off the face of the earth.

Capirex
Arthurian

Reputation 16

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09
Motorcycles: Sprint
GPS: Chick-Ah-Go
Miles Typed: 3351

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2007, 08:51:02 PM »

He's lurking:

Name:     forester
Custom Title:    My money grows on trees.
Position:    Sr. Member
Date Registered:    November 28, 2006, 08:51:36 am
Last Active:    Today at 12:38:52 pm
basco

Reputation 6

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2007, 09:07:13 PM »

Thanks, never bothered to look there. Its like all the post ho-ing from a few members came to a screeching halt.

mxvet57
Let's find some twisty's

Reputation -102

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: 04 FJR1300 06 SPEED TRIPLE 88 EX500 05 YZ250 01 YZ 250 91 KX 500
GPS: Mt. prospect ill.
Miles Typed: 15341

My Photo Gallery

Loud horns save lives

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2007, 10:34:11 PM »

when us F.U.C.K.E.R.S. were having coffee last sunday we were wondering the same thing.

It's not the fall that will kill you it's that sudden stop

04 FJR 1300 1/4 million mile club and then some.
forester
My money grows on trees.

Reputation -16

Motorcycles: 2006 Suzuki DL650 V-strom
GPS: Cold side of conus
Miles Typed: 2686

My Photo Gallery

06' 'strom: world's bestest bike.

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2007, 10:22:51 PM »

Actually, I dropped out of Michigan into the boondocks of SW Tennessee for about 3 weeks.  I was limited to a McDonalds for wifi access and would go in, order a sweet tea and use their wifi mainly for e-mail and checked on here for messages (quickly).  

Now that I am at the house with slow-assed dialup, my modem quit working (and sound too) on the laptop - so now I am typing to you all via my wife's MAC!  Crazy  My computer is in GR right now being worked on since it is a very funky problem (if it were just something easy like drivers I'd have it fixed by now - but unfortunately for me it is not).

Anyway, for the sake of continuning earlier discussions and get away from who makes the best meat and rutubaga pies, I'll just say that two days ago, I picked up a set of new tires for my bike and will be breaking them in by next week - and I should be ready with some kickin', twisty routes come MDW...  Thumbsup  Bigsmile  ...not that I don't have in mind most of those miles already!  I did NOT purchase any new gear at the BMW dealer where I got my tires however - they just didn't have the selection I was looking for - My wife found an awesome set of Olympia airglide overpants that fit her perfectly on the close-out sale rack.  If one pair of overpants I tried on would have been a regular instead of short I would have bought them - but alas they did not have my size.  I'm going to have to purchase on-line it looks like.  Sad

Anyway, I should be right back on here a touch more regularly when I get the computer back working like it should be...  Yes this is a warning.  Twofinger  Bigsmile

Looking forward to the upcoming weather patterns - missed my bike while in TN!

For a forester, EVERY day is Earth day.
               SCHADENFREUDE!. Beerchug
Squareman357
ZX-14 Warg Rider

Reputation 10

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: '06 ZX-14, '03 GS500F, '02 CBR1100XX (sold), '03 Suzuki Katana (sold), '08 ZX-14
GPS: Chicago, IL
Miles Typed: 2051

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2007, 11:29:50 AM »

Wow, I saw this and SOOO wanted to go.  Unfortunately for me that's Prom Weekend for my oldest daughter, and I have to be around not only for that, but to insure nothing goes amiss during the weekend.  Maybe next time... Sad
forester
My money grows on trees.

Reputation -16

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2007, 09:13:14 AM »

Come on up anytime squareman.  Give me a couple weeks notice and I'll show you a few hotspots around the area.  The roads will still be there after MDW...  Thumbsup

SCHADENFREUDE!. Beerchug
forester
My money grows on trees.

Reputation -16

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2007, 06:02:01 AM »

Talking to sleazy yesterday and seeing him on his 1150GS, I have added an adventure trailie ride on Memorial day A/M for those with bikes than can do gravel/dirt roads and riders who have the extra time to spare (Bring your R1 along if you want to, but be aware there is some sand on these roads which will be tough to navigate even on a trailie!)

Part of our road ride will be near the Jordan river valley, which is one of the most beautiful and pristine places in the lower peninsula.  Unfortunately, we will never get to see the seriously beautiful places (Dead man's hill & the crystal clear waters of the spring fed Jordan - one of Michigan's designated blue ribbon trout streams) since the real aesthetic eye candy is accessed by dirt roads (locally referred to as "two tracks").

« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 09:30:52 AM by forester » Logged

SCHADENFREUDE!. Beerchug
FRZY

Reputation 0

Years Contributed: '06, '09
GPS: Milwaukee WI
Miles Typed: 1161

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2007, 09:52:24 AM »

Talking to sleazy yesterday and seeing him on his 1150GS, I have added an adventure trailie ride on Memorial day A/M for those with bikes than can do gravel/dirt roads and riders who have the extra time to spare (Bring your R1 along if you want to, but be aware there is some sand on these roads which will be tough to navigate even on a trailie!)

Part of our road ride will be near the Jordan river valley, which is one of the most beautiful and pristine places in the lower peninsula.  Unfortunately, we will never get to see the seriously beautiful places (Dead man's hill & the crystal clear waters of the spring fed Jordan - one of Michigan's designated blue ribbon trout streams) since the real aesthetic eye candy is accessed by dirt roads (locally referred to as "two tracks").

I'll be one for some non-paved riding  Bigsmile

In need of 2 wheels :P
sleazy rider

Reputation 35

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2007, 07:39:26 PM »

I wuz practicin' today.    10 miles of dirt practice in Oakland and Washtenaw counties.  I got started by avoiding US-23 North out of Ann Arbor (bike nite hasn't started yet, for those that attend) due to the construction.  I missed a turn, found myself on a dirt stretch, just said fsck it.  I stopped for a minute to readust the GPS settings to show dirt roads and hit it.  Ater realizing how much fun I was having when the body started remembering how to do it, I actively sought out the dirt roads the rest of the way home.  The GS just ate up the washboard and craters.  Damn, now I'm thinkin a spare set of wheels with a set of knobbies on 'em.   Lol
basco

Reputation 6

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2007, 09:05:23 PM »

Riding on frost heaved dirt roads?  Crazy Not my idea of fun. Has there been any that has been graded yet?

sleazy rider

Reputation 35

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2007, 09:09:43 PM »

Riding on frost heaved dirt roads?  Crazy Not my idea of fun. Has there been any that has been graded yet?

Nope, that was the fun part.  One section even had baseball size gravel dumped in to fill the soggy area.  Any speeds above 30 and the GS suspension made it all good and smooth.  I came up one washboard area at about 45.  I'm practicing for the Moab trip in June.  I want to ride the Rim Road with some friends and need to get back in form.
forester
My money grows on trees.

Reputation -16

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2007, 09:10:47 AM »

Nope, that was the fun part.  One section even had baseball size gravel dumped in to fill the soggy area.  Any speeds above 30 and the GS suspension made it all good and smooth.  I came up one washboard area at about 45.  I'm practicing for the Moab trip in June.  I want to ride the Rim Road with some friends and need to get back in form.

We can get you a LOT of practice in here if you're interested - come on up anytime.  I know some very nasty roads up here.  I frequently have to ride on these roads on my way to jobsites.  There are some roads that are so nasty that after a few front end wallows, you're down to 10 mph with jittery nerves hoping the front end doesn't wash out again (the sand is the worst) - BUT - I haven't tried them with the tourances yet, and i expect that it won't be near as bad compared to the stock deathwings that came on the 'strom.

...I too would LOVE to have a set of TKC80s mounted to a separate set of rims in the barn, but if I did, I'm afraid I wouldn't want to change back to the tourances and then I would be going through sets of tires as fast as the sportbike crowd does.  It just doesn't make sense since when at least 85% of my riding is spent on pavement which burns those puppies up quick! - If I want aggresive knobs, I'll jump in my 4x4.

If I ever take the 'strom on a long adv trailie ride, I'll buy a set of TKCs and get or build a static balancer and procure some weights.  My father-in-law already has a M/C lift and a tire changer, so I'm already half way there.   Thumbsup

SCHADENFREUDE!. Beerchug
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal