Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Vancouver Island Dualsport Rally April 26/08  (Read 726 times)

00buck

Reputation 0

GPS: Victoria, BC, Canada
Miles Typed: 70

My Photo Gallery

bcmike in a former life

Ignore
« on: February 11, 2008, 01:41:10 PM »

http://www.dualsportbc.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=5322&forum_id=62

We are putting on our first annual Island Dual Sport rally based near near Shawnigan Lake, BC.

See the link for more info!

A DualsportBC.com event   Bigsmile

Mike 00Buck    Bigok

likes dirt
bubba zanetti

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 02:01:10 PM »

Nice. I love the area and even learned to swim in that river. It is a great area to ride in  Thumbsup
00buck

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

bcmike in a former life

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 04:54:41 PM »

Well to rekindle some good memories Bubba, then you should ride out on your Triumph and join the party!    The C loop is big bike friendly, about 300 kms for the day mostly on paved twisties and logging roads criss crossing the Island.   Perfect for any 650 and bikes like the Triumph Tiger, GS1150/1200, KTM950, Buell Ulysses... I've ridden the FZ1 on this route. There will be optional challenges,  like the Plane Crash on Mt Bolduc and Jordan Ridge with awesome views of the open Pacific.  Am I tempting you?  Smile

likes dirt
bubba zanetti

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 04:57:48 PM »

Sure are. I cut my teeth out there on my 74 Elsinore. I used to know the roads well especially up in behind Weeks Lake area.
So, this is a new campground then? Must have just opened. I recall one down by the old train bridge called Clearwater campground but nothing above Burnt Bridge. Just up river from Burnt Bridge is the nicest swimming hole on van isle.  Thumbsup
00buck

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

bcmike in a former life

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 12:52:01 AM »

Sunny Daze has been there a few years but way further down the road past Burnt Bridge, last property on the right before the logging lands. 10 acres along the river and lots of room to spread out. I posted pics on the site. We are expecting quite a crowd since 65 have already signed up in less than a week.

http://www.dualsportbc.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=68

Clearwater campground closed a long time back and has been redeveloped into recreational real estate.

likes dirt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal