Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
Print

Topic: 3rd Annual "Meet and Eat" at Dennys in Clearfield, PA (Sunday, April 20)  (Read 30340 times)

googus

Reputation 3

Miles Typed: 999

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2008, 09:16:45 AM »

10-day Weather Channel forecast says no rain.

(ok 10% chance, but that's nothing to worry about.)

Sun
Apr 20

Partly Cloudy

59° high
44° low

Bigok Yeh Buddy!!!!
R Doug
Rain is my first name.

Reputation 152

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
GPS: Clemmons, NC
Miles Typed: 11590

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2008, 10:54:35 AM »

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but I have as much trust in a 10-day weather foreast as I do in my ability to shoot an apple off Ricewind's head w/ a bow and arrow at 30 yards away.   Lol
Cpl Punishment

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '07, '08
GPS: The Queen Mother's Lap
Miles Typed: 5062

My Photo Gallery

27.23 GBP Sock Puppet, and harbinger of reason.

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2008, 10:57:09 AM »

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but I have as much trust in a 10-day weather foreast as I do in my ability to shoot an apple off Ricewind's head w/ a bow and arrow at 30 yards away.   Lol

So I take it you're not Robin Hood?

So, what is a sock puppet?
Rincewind

Reputation 122

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: Tiger 800 ABS
GPS: SEPA
Miles Typed: 13680

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2008, 11:08:19 AM »

You can just stay away from me with your bow and arrow, Doug.   Crazy  While I have about 75% trust in the Weather Channel, you KTM riders need a careful watching.  

Btw, Accu-weather currently shows a non-wet forecast as well.   Thumbsup
R Doug
Rain is my first name.

Reputation 152

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »

You can just stay away from me with your bow and arrow, Doug.   Crazy  While I have about 75% trust in the Weather Channel, you KTM riders need a careful watching.  

Btw, Accu-weather currently shows a non-wet forecast as well.   Thumbsup

Lol

I'm all for those forcasts.   Thumbsup

So I take it you're not Robin Hood?

If you are referencing Robin Hood's archery skills... you would be correct.

If, by chance, you mean his ability and desire to take from the rich and give to the poor... you would be correct there too.  
googus

Reputation 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2008, 03:16:08 PM »

Anyone know where the Hampton in is? Is it near Days in?
thanks
Cpl Punishment

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '07, '08
GPS: The Queen Mother's Lap
Miles Typed: 5062

My Photo Gallery

27.23 GBP Sock Puppet, and harbinger of reason.

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2008, 08:36:59 PM »

Anyone know where the Hampton in is? Is it near Days in?
thanks

It's new and is 1.0 miles exactly from the Days Inn.  

Is the Days Inn not up to your standards?  If so, there's a Holiday Inn Express directly across from the Days Inn.

So, what is a sock puppet?
chornbe

« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2008, 08:48:06 PM »

We're all meeting at the bar at the Days Inn again, right?
R Doug
Rain is my first name.

Reputation 152

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2008, 08:54:21 PM »

We're all meeting at the bar at the Days Inn again, right?

Depends... are you going to socialize w/ us this year.    Lol
chiltech500

Reputation 11

GPS: Allentown Area PA
Miles Typed: 320

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2008, 07:50:34 AM »

I can't ride slow on the Super Duke

dig that sentiment -

FZ1, 1800 GoldWing, Mean Streak, SV650, VL1500, Vstar1100, etc.
chiltech500

Reputation 11

GPS: Allentown Area PA
Miles Typed: 320

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2008, 07:57:40 AM »

What makes you think they can predict anything 2 weeks out?  

for the past 8 years since my subaru was new I've become completely OCD on the national weather service band - and weather forecasts in general

I wouldn't bet on a believable forecast till Thursday for the w/e -with cold and warm fronts dancing around, maybe even Friday Smile

FZ1, 1800 GoldWing, Mean Streak, SV650, VL1500, Vstar1100, etc.
chornbe

« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2008, 08:28:42 AM »

Depends... are you going to socialize w/ us this year.    Lol

Hmm.... I'll consider slumming it, I suppose.  Bigsmile
googus

Reputation 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2008, 09:50:52 AM »

It's new and is 1.0 miles exactly from the Days Inn.  

Is the Days Inn not up to your standards?  If so, there's a Holiday Inn Express directly across from the Days Inn.

Yeh I was just putting feelers out there because my wife works for the Hilton and she could get me a room for 30buck at the Hampton. I am going to room with Tom at the Day Inn again for my third outing to this great event this way I can craw back to the room from the bar:)
Greg
chornbe

« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2008, 10:29:42 AM »

PS... I'm still bringing name tags Smile
SLK50

Reputation 26

Motorcycles: '06 FJR
GPS: Altoona, PA
Miles Typed: 1000

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2008, 11:16:10 PM »

I spent today riding throughout central PA ( ~500 miles over 2 days ) checking out the roads many will be traveling next weekend. I'm happy to report that the majority of roads in the area are in remarkably good shape.
  I rode, in no particular order: 879 from Grampian to Karthaus, 144 from Moshannon to Hammersley Fork, 120 from Lock Haven to Sinnemahoning, Wycoff Run, the road to Hyner View, Quehanna Hwy from Medix Run to Karthaus, 153 from Clearfield to it's southern end, 453 from Tyrone to Curwensville, and more.
  All the roads mentioned were relatively clear and free of loose gravel with one very notable exception:
the stretch of 144 south of Renovo from the "Big Rock" ( those who've ridden here know what I mean, you can't miss it ) down hill into Renovo ( I would guess it's about 3 or 4 miles ) is literally covered with loose gravel almost the entire way. It just gets washed onto the road from the shoulder by the rain. It clears up somewhat during dry spells but gets washed back onto the road again by the next rain.    
  Anyone planning to take this route should be careful through this stretch. It could catch someone by surprise because the first effected turn ( north bound ) is a steep, downhill left-hander after a long mild stretch along the ridge.
FJRski!

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: '08 Wee
GPS: SE PA
Miles Typed: 287

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2008, 12:10:10 AM »

PS... I'm still bringing name tags Smile

What about purple hats....

I'd rather be riding anywhere with you than sitting at this d@mn keyboard!
JamminJere
Contributor Rex

Reputation 53

Motorcycles: 2008 Kawasaki Concours14 #5361
GPS: Southeast Pennsylvania
Miles Typed: 1245

My Photo Gallery

Commando Spelunker

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2008, 07:32:49 AM »

All the roads mentioned were relatively clear and free of loose gravel with one very notable exception:
the stretch of 144 south of Renovo from the "Big Rock" ( those who've ridden here know what I mean, you can't miss it ) down hill into Renovo ( I would guess it's about 3 or 4 miles ) is literally covered with loose gravel almost the entire way.   It could catch someone by surprise because the first effected turn ( north bound ) is a steep, downhill left-hander after a long mild stretch along the ridge.

Robert,

Thanks for the heads up, alot of ST.N'ers will be hitting that on Sunday Morning in that direction most likely... ya you can't miss the big rock, and I know the left hander you're talking about, off camber too If I recall correctly.  Everyone becareful on that stretch.

See you next week Buddy..

Jerry

There really isn't much difference between "the masses" and "them asses"
ZZR Rob

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: 02 Concours
GPS: Sharpsburg, MD
Miles Typed: 773

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2008, 07:49:34 PM »

I spent today riding throughout central PA ( ~500 miles over 2 days ) checking out the roads many will be traveling next weekend. I'm happy to report that the majority of roads in the area are in remarkably good shape.
  I rode, in no particular order: 879 from Grampian to Karthaus, 144 from Moshannon to Hammersley Fork, 120 from Lock Haven to Sinnemahoning, Wycoff Run, the road to Hyner View, Quehanna Hwy from Medix Run to Karthaus, 153 from Clearfield to it's southern end, 453 from Tyrone to Curwensville, and more.
the stretch of 144 south of Renovo from the "Big Rock" ( those who've ridden here know what I mean, you can't miss it ) down hill into Renovo ( I would guess it's about 3 or 4 miles ) is literally covered with loose gravel almost the entire way. It just gets washed onto the road from the shoulder by the rain. It clears up somewhat during dry spells but gets washed back onto the road again by the next rain.    
  Anyone planning to take this route should be careful through this stretch. It could catch someone by surprise because the first effected turn ( north bound ) is a steep, downhill left-hander after a long mild stretch along the ridge.
Thanks for the report Bigok

garry
Bleeds Orange...

Reputation 87

Years Contributed: '08, '09
Motorcycles: KTM 950 SMR / KTM 530 EXC
GPS: Southwestern PA
Miles Typed: 5674

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2008, 08:33:23 PM »

the stretch of 144 south of Renovo from the "Big Rock" ( those who've ridden here know what I mean, you can't miss it ) down hill into Renovo ( I would guess it's about 3 or 4 miles ) is literally covered with loose gravel almost the entire way.

That's the twistiest section of 144 with a few 15 MPH corners. No shoulder on the downhill side (just a guardrail) and a cliff on the other side. A very unforgiving place to wreck. Ya'll be careful on it. That stretch claims more than few bikes every year without gravel making more interesting. If you're coming uphill (southbound), watch out for the decreasing radius, off-camber double apex right-hander just after you crest the hill. I know of several crashes at that spot in recent years. People just blow over the double-yellow and end up beyond the other shoulder in a heartbeat. You've been warned...

2007 KTM 950 SMR
2009 KTM 530 EXC
http://www.motoroads.net
SWriverstone
The Road Cubist

Reputation 6

Years Contributed: '06, '08, '10
Motorcycles: '07 Wee-Strom Past: '06 VFR800, '06 KLR650
GPS: Morgantown, WV
Miles Typed: 4133

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2008, 06:27:54 PM »

Hey everyone...I'm planning to make it up for the event on Saturday...but I might have to stick around the house. Holly's having outpatient sinus surgery Friday morning, and I have no idea how she'll be feeling by Saturday morning. If she's fine, I've got the pass to go.  Thumbsup But if she's hurtin' and out-of-it...well...I'll look for everyone's reports afterward---so my fingers are crossed!

Scott

"I wanted to write a shorter letter, but didn't have time." —Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal