Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: The rumors are true!  (Read 1336 times)

evilmedic13
Fantastic and sarcastic!

Reputation 12

Motorcycles: FJR1300,R1200GS Advenure
Miles Typed: 894

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: February 29, 2008, 05:01:59 PM »

There is a bike still in my garage. I almost forgot what she looked like. Doesn't help I haven't touched her since our last argument on Nov 2. I wonder if the sparks are still there.

When the wife and I got back from lunch she opened the garage door and let me out to park inside. I looked in and saw the blue beast for the first time since December. I park the Tahoe out front and have my bike and restoration project in the garage, wifey gets the other spot. It's only fair, especially since she owns all the taxable stuff involving the house(I'm just a squatter Bigok).

Am I the only one that hasn't seen their bike in a while? I was in the cast for 8 weeks,so that didn't help our relationship, but w/ all the snow and ice it wasn't hard to ignore her. I would shovel snow a mere 12 ft from her, but never opened the garage door to look, knowing how the frustration would creep in. Just like it's doing now.

I know it's  mere weeks away, but since I've seen her I just wanna get out and ride to nowhere! I knew not to look in there. Bash Sorry for the lame thread, just had to get it off my chest in a therapeutic manor.

Yamadog

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 05:20:24 PM »

I saw mine today for about two hours. Oh yeah, it's officially bug season here in the deep south. Bigsmile
bahwolf

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: ZZR1200, F650GS Dakar, CRF230F, Triumph Tiger, CBR1000RR, CRF450X, Hypermotard 1100S, R1200GS
GPS: OKlahoma City
Miles Typed: 375

My Photo Gallery

On the road again...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 05:25:08 PM »

I'm glad I don't live any further north than I do. I see my bikes every day and ride nearly all winter (only foregoing riding if there's ice on the roads, which only happens here a few times each winter).
Scottyfizz

Reputation 13

GPS: Quad Cities,IA
Miles Typed: 819

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 05:50:28 PM »

I haven't seen my FJR since before Thanksgiving. Parked in my aunts garage. I think there is little reason to get it out of hibernation yet. We had more snow last night. Sad
zzzzip

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: '06 FJR1300 '04 VStrom 650
GPS: NE Missouri
Miles Typed: 66

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 07:57:52 PM »

There was snow and ice with cars in the ditch on the way home at 5pm yesterday.  

Today, it got up to 48 degrees at 3 pm with the snow gone, so I got to do the first ride since November.  I got the FJR out for an hour, and then the FZ1 for another hour.

I feel human again.

Cool

Congress: another name for adult daycare
Mrndt

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki M109R
Miles Typed: 16

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 02:11:52 AM »

WoW! You guys are pretty lucky, get to see your rides that often.  Working in Saudi Arabia, I only get to see mine for 2 weeks every 4 months and hope for good weather every time I get home.  I did ride my M109R, and the Bandit while I was home in July, but then it was back to the land of sand for another 4 months.  At least when I am home in May I will be home for a month, maybe the weather will be better.  Hopefully I can still afford the gas there.
HankB
President of the IBMWR

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 293

My Photo Gallery

I am here to serve you.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 01:04:16 PM »

Am I the only one that hasn't seen their bike in a while? I was in the cast for 8 weeks, ...

Well... Consider yourself lucky! (*) I broke my leg in late April and couldn't ride the moto until early July. And even then I was concerned about tipping to the right and having to support weight! Surprisingly, I could ride a bicycle with no discomfort even before I could walk without crutches. The transfer from bike to crutches was a bit tricky, especially the time my wife closed the garage door while I was out riding.  EEK! But it felt absolutely great to get out on my own power and not fettered by crutches.

(*) I know that theres nothing lucky about breaking your leg. BTDT and it is no fun whatsoever. That was April of '06 and there are still times I feel discomfort, like spending the day at a museum last Sunday. But at least I can run at the gym or take long walks in the forest preserve without difficulty. I didn't do big miles on the bike last summer, but I think I would be able to do so this summer.

Good with your recovery and welcome back!

-hank

'98 Dakar K1200RS "BABY K" grew up Bigsmile
'93 R100R with Velorex 700 sidecar - MBD starts
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal