"I want to buy your house..." HUH??? Scam?

(1/3) > >>

Lawn Dart:
Ok, now this is wierd - the wife just got home and checked the mail.  We got a letter from a couple down in Yucaipa saying "We want to buy your house.  Please call us at XXX-XXX-XXXX".  This letter is legitimately hand written (no computer letter) and the postmark is local.

Is there some kind of new scam going on out there that I'm not aware of???  

I will call them, hey, it might be legit and my wife and I have thought about moving.  Just wierd...

Anyone seen this before?  Possible scam?

StacyT:
My grandfather bought many of his houses by walking to the door and asking if they were interested in selling.  I don't think he ever wrote a letter though.

Mr Sunshine:
Quote from: BMW-K on January 04, 2007, 10:48:08 PM

Ok, now this is wierd - the wife just got home and checked the mail.  We got a letter from a couple down in Yucaipa saying "We want to buy your house.  Please call us at XXX-XXX-XXXX".  This letter is legitimately hand written (no computer letter) and the postmark is local.

Is there some kind of new scam going on out there that I'm not aware of???  

I will call them, hey, it might be legit and my wife and I have thought about moving.  Just wierd...

Anyone seen this before?  Possible scam?

Last I checked it was illegal to put mail into a mailbox that wasn't processed by the post office. :)

Lawn Dart:
Quote from: Mr Sunshine on January 04, 2007, 10:53:07 PM

Last I checked it was illegal to put mail into a mailbox that wasn't processed by the post office. :)

It was postmarked legally and sent from San Diego...

Andrew:
Heck call them back (from a phone booth) and ask them about the deal, just do not tell them where you live. Heck it may be real but I doubt it. And do not give them any details about you or your house, heck string them along just for fun.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page