Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Nine States, Two Scraped Pegs and a Warrant - 2005 National Meet Repost  (Read 12485 times)

Alan P

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: '08 C14, '07 KLR650
GPS: Rapid City, SD
Miles Typed: 16

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2008, 01:26:32 PM »

Man, makes me wanna get out there and do what you did, Opus....not like anyone could have so many things go right in one trip.

Great report, thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it!!
miles

Reputation 67

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: A green one.
Miles Typed: 12737

My Photo Gallery

Triangles are my favorite shape

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 10:47:45 AM »

Opus, you are my hero.  It's true.

Three points where two lines meet
stefrrr

Reputation 7

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: Only one
GPS: At the bottom of a hill with a name
Miles Typed: 6570

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 11:42:01 AM »

Hail

I actually forgot to breathe for a minute there. What a ride! Glad it all worked out for you.
Virginian

Reputation 16

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: '12 Moto Guzzi Griso SE Tenni, '09 Husqvarna SM610
GPS: The Virginian
Miles Typed: 1861

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 03:29:50 PM »

"While I was waiting I had time to reflect on my new friendship with Brianne.  The fact that we were now friends was pretty amazing, really.  Think about it.  Two people who donít know each other set out on first-time motorcycle adventures from towns that are 2500 miles apart.  They both end up in the tiny town of Montrose, Colorado of all places.  Brianne just happens to ride by my hotel the night of the meet dinner and see 60 or 70 bikes parked out front.  We meet each other the next morning for the first time and end up riding together for 1000 miles over the next four days.  How can you ever expect something like that to happen?  Iíd like to officially thank Fate for the chance to make such a good friend."

You are a very lucky man!  Cool
Thanks for reposting! It was a real treat to read & a great pictures.  Bigok When are you planning another road trip with Brianne?
Eric

When the world ends, the only thing left will be cockroaches riding Guzzis. http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i150/garrysimmons/MotoPhoto2009/BurgerRun2009/BurgerRun2009_128.jpg
opus

Reputation 4

Motorcycles: 1995 VFR 750F
GPS: Vancouver, WA
Miles Typed: 560

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 04:42:16 PM »

When are you planning another road trip with Brianne?
Eric

We were talking about it just a few days ago, actually.  She's so damn busy all the time, though, between auto-cross, rally racing and planning for running on the Bonneville Salt Flats again in August.  No time for poor opus...   Lol

She might be up in Washington sometime this summer for a race, so we might run into each other.  She uses a very light pencil for her calendar, not a pen.   Razz
DredheadV2.0
Descendant of terrorists

Reputation -94

GPS: Las Vegas, NV
Miles Typed: 13198

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 05:44:10 PM »

ST.N's greatest ride report evar resurfaces!

Absolutely.

Jeebus - I still remember getting passed up by you guys.  BCorn first - that XX so f**king quiet I didn't even hear the motor - just a SNICK as she ripped the air apart, going by me doing, what, 140?  I know we were going about 80, and I felt like my bike had stopped dead.  Then a noise which was much less Snicky, more throaty roar, as the VFR + Opus flew by (And who said penguins can't fly?).  I kinda made a "huminahuminahumina" noise inside my head, shook it off, and kept goin.

The Where's Opus thread was frightening, but I had visions of you and B riding down through Mexico just a heartbeat ahead of the Federales for some reason.

I must drink beer.  Beer is the mind-killer.  Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration.  I will face my beer.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me. 
opus

Reputation 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 05:56:25 PM »

Absolutely.

Jeebus - I still remember getting passed up by you guys.  BCorn first - that XX so f**king quiet I didn't even hear the motor - just a SNICK as she ripped the air apart, going by me doing, what, 140?  I know we were going about 80, and I felt like my bike had stopped dead.  Then a noise which was much less Snicky, more throaty roar, as the VFR + Opus flew by (And who said penguins can't fly?).  I kinda made a "huminahuminahumina" noise inside my head, shook it off, and kept goin.

The Where's Opus thread was frightening, but I had visions of you and B riding down through Mexico just a heartbeat ahead of the Federales for some reason.

Haha.  I totally remember that.  I also remember having a "What the hell am I doing here?  I don't act like this..." moment as I looked over at everyone.  I could feel the "Oh man, he's gonna end up in pieces and doesn't even know it yet" vibes flowing over from everyone.   Lol  I was actually really embarassed during that pass.
schoon

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 97 YZF 1000R, 05 DR-Z 400SM,
GPS: Iowa
Miles Typed: 207

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 06:19:53 PM »

Damn Opus the explanation make for an even more exciting read! Bigok Thanks again!
atadaskew

Reputation 155

Motorcycles: A Vethpa and thome other thcooter
GPS: Venice Beach, California.
Miles Typed: 11824

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 07:54:23 PM »

I read this report back in the day, and told myself I didn't need to read it again. Busy at work and all that...
But damn, I couldn't resist and it was even better this time around!

I think to get THE ultimate ride report, we gotta send Opus, Mookie and Orson out together.
I'd like to tag along... Lol

I'm hip about time, I just gotta go.
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 50

Motorcycles: '09 Honda Transalp
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 14111

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2010, 03:48:47 PM »

*mid-winter bump!!!!*

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.
bassjones

Reputation -11

Motorcycles: 06 VFR ABS
GPS: Fort Wayne, IN
Miles Typed: 2385

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2010, 11:17:24 PM »

I'm fairly new around here so this is my first read through of this terrific ride report.  Dude, you ROCK!!  What a great adventure.  You and the girl still getting together sometimes?  Any chance of romance?

Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 50

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2010, 08:49:14 AM »

I'm fairly new around here so this is my first read through of this terrific ride report.  Dude, you ROCK!!  What a great adventure.  You and the girl still getting together sometimes?  Any chance of romance?

Opus went home to his wife, where is still happily married. He just might post again some day!  Thumbsup

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.
R Doug
Rain is my first name.

Reputation 154

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
GPS: Clemmons, NC
Miles Typed: 11660

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2010, 10:48:17 AM »

*mid-winter bump!!!!*

This is just what I needed as I'm all snowed in.   Bigok

Great report!
lionlady
What is this "reading compression" of which you speak?

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: Rockster Limited Edition
GPS: Reisterstown, MD
Miles Typed: 355

My Photo Gallery

BMW R1150R Rockster Ed 80 #196

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »

This is just what I needed as I'm all snowed in.   Bigok

Great report!

+1! Great read!!

P

Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity.
DNA
At least it don't have VTEC

Reputation 24

Years Contributed: '08, '09
Motorcycles: '07 GSA , One empty stall in garage
GPS: Recalculating...
Miles Typed: 5235

My Photo Gallery

Old and full of Advil

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2010, 05:55:32 PM »

Opus went home to his wife, where is still happily married. He just might post again some day!  Thumbsup

I seem to remember a different ending - involving surgery and a divorce? Headscratch

I might as well learn to play tennis for all I'm riding...   IBA # 24,128 and still invinciblehttp://s71.photobucket.com/user/dnaseller/media/VisitedStatesMap_zpsac48168b.jpg.html
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 50

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2010, 06:16:27 PM »

I seem to remember a different ending - involving surgery and a divorce? Headscratch

Yeah, I may be wrong Shrug

kendenton
You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright

Reputation 60

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '10
Motorcycles: 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620, 1991 Kawasaki Zephyr 750
Miles Typed: 3312

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2010, 08:48:10 PM »

That sounds like what I recall...

jeepinbanditrider

Reputation 6

Motorcycles: 04 FJR1300A, 79 Suzuki GS1000
GPS: MCAS MIRAMAR
Miles Typed: 1201

My Photo Gallery

Alright Meow!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2010, 08:36:19 AM »

Day Six

(Part Two)

Here are a few more shots of the mountain and the waterfall.  It looks like thereís a road crisscrossing itís way up the slope as well.

[Telluride]

There actually is a jeep trail that comes down off one of the moutains there into Telluride.  That may have been the road you were seeing.

And it looks like Bcorn is using her fairings as peg scrappers in some of those shots I didn't think a Blackbird had that much ground clearnace lol.

I don't know if he figured he had a hard case to prove or what, but he grudgingly went along with that.  He said he had clocked me doing 86 in a 55 for sure.  I agreed that I had been going that fast and wasn't arguing about that.  Then he said that he would send me a ticket in the mail for 86 in a 55 and remove the warrant.  I said that was very fair and that I would pay it with no issues, and thanked him.  Then we hung up.

Sounds like he was blowing smoke to me cause I'm not even sure if a deputy can issue or revoke warrants.  I thought that was something a magistrate or judge had to issue.  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 08:50:25 AM by jeepinbanditrider » Logged

1979 GS1000,  2007 BMW F800ST,  1997 Suzuki DR350SE
kendenton
You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright

Reputation 60

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '10
Motorcycles: 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620, 1991 Kawasaki Zephyr 750
Miles Typed: 3312

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2010, 09:45:47 AM »

There actually is a jeep trail that comes down off one of the moutains there into Telluride.  That may have been the road you were seeing.

Yes, Black Bear Pass.  Kind of infamous in the area as the toughest trail in the San Juans.  Rental jeeps forbidden to be taken on it.  One way only, down into Telluride from US550.

opus

Reputation 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2010, 11:21:25 AM »

Hehe.  Yes, the divorce was in the works before I even left for the trip.  I got home and moved out within a few days.  Bcorn and I are still good friends, but romance wasn't really in the mix.  She's a great girl, but she's too crazy for me.   Lol  She found herself a boyfriend that loves racing and rally cars as much as she does.  I have a wonderful girlfriend that wants to ride with me as soon as we can work out the finances, either on her own bike or on the back of a GS with me.  I'll be bringing her to WCRMs down the road.  =)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal