Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Motorcycle rental in Sydney - March  (Read 6592 times)

Duster929

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 34

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2007, 01:03:33 pm »

Hey all.  First time posting in this section... never realized there was an OZ/NZ section in here till now!

I'm planning to be in Sydney for a couple of weeks at the end of March or beginning of April.  I'm looking into renting a bike for a few days for a little side-trip while I'm there, and I could use some advice, since I've never been there before.

First off, what company do you recommend I rent from? Who's reputable?

Second, what bike should I rent? I have no idea what the roads are like, but I always imagine Australia to be this rugged landscape where I'll inevitably end up on an unpaved road.  GS1200?  Or have I watched Crocodile Dundee too many times?

Third, what would be a good 2 or 3 day trip out of Sydney?  I'd be travelling with my girlfriend who doesn't have much experience with bikes, so a ride that is scenic, pleasant, will keep a passenger entertained, and has nice places to stop in the evenings is important.  No hardcore long-distance riding or tent-camping this time around.

Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks all in advance.

--- D
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Davo
I need therapy

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 125

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 04:57:16 pm »

Duster I will let someone near Sydney answer most of your questions as I am just over 600m north. However, our roads are quite reasonable but not interstate as you have. There would be no need for offroad excursions unless you wanted to. A GS1200 would be fine for either, but a tourer will also as you will have a better setup for pillion plus usually panniers.

I have a couple of online mates coming over during 2007, most are also heading out of Sydney. You will enjoy the trip.

Personally I would go with a big tourer as thats what I am used to, these guys seem to have been around a while.
http://www.bikescape.com.au/rentals/fjr1300/fjr1300.htm

Baz

Reputation 23

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR
GPS: St. Albert, AB, Canada
Miles Typed: 9065

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 11:28:08 am »

I have rented cars in Syd & survived!

The roads in Oz are very good, and actually it does not take long to get used to driving on the wrong side of the road. (I did scare a few Ozzies to death in the transition though)

I would recomend a trip up to the Blue mountains.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal