Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: NEW CHINESE BIKES  (Read 16342 times)

mr moto

Reputation 18

GPS: Prague Czech Republic
Miles Typed: 314

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2008, 05:35:23 am »

trust me , inside the next ten years , once they have sorted out their materials quality control , and they will !  lot,s of us will be riding around on  cheaper bikes made in china .  Wink
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/user/2008/August/Naked-600s-from-China/?&R=EPI-102366
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Rincewind

Reputation 123

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Miles Typed: 13727

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 08:08:41 am »

That's a nice looking bike.  It looks very derived from the FZ6 and Honda Hornets.  The second pic shown at MCN looks like a Speed Four and even has the same snorkel.  The other one like a naked Z750.  But I don't expect China to be innovative in design yet - at least they are looking beyond the scooter and small-bike market.
JamesG
Home again!

Reputation -66

Motorcycles: yes
GPS: Columbus, GA
Miles Typed: 4912

My Photo Gallery

vroom.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 01:15:47 am »

Inside the next ten years the global economy will collapse and you will be riding around on this:

Ironic huh?
Advertisement

spinalator
Man can not live on cheese alone...

Reputation 14

Years Contributed: '07, '08
Motorcycles: Super Tenere
GPS: Regina, SK
Miles Typed: 1565

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 01:18:12 am »

Korean bikes are way better than those crappy Chinese ones.
UFO

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 01:21:15 am »

Okay, I'll be honest...that bikes looks pretty cool, assuming it isn't a photochopped concept which I'm sure it is.

But, I'd never own a Chinese bike.  Maybe in 30 years.  But by then I'll be in a rocking chair nursing arthritis. Lol
ksann
Super Moderator

Reputation 24

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09
Motorcycles: R12ST
GPS: 49 hours from Jacksonville
Miles Typed: 8389

My Photo Gallery

You are missed my friend. RIP

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 01:23:53 am »

I am typing this on a Toshiba Laptop made in China.
so yeah, if it fit my needs, I would buy it.
And park it next to my BMW.

ken

Proud, & Pretty, father of the worlds most beautiful little girl. The bestest one!
UFO

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 01:27:18 am »

I am typing this on a Toshiba Laptop made in China.
so yeah, if it fit my needs, I would buy it.
And park it next to my BMW.

Ken has never worked with a Chinese supplier.  Lol
Stray Cat

Reputation 15

Years Contributed: '07, '09, '10
Motorcycles: 2001 "Damn Sexy" Honda CBR1100XX
GPS: Isle of Cat, Pugetopolis
Miles Typed: 2573

My Photo Gallery

Weeeeeee!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 01:37:56 am »

Made in China is one thing. Designed and developed in China, is completely different. If they want to build world class bikes on their own, it's going to be much longer then 10 years. It will take that long just for the development stage, and another 10 years to get a customer base.
They have along way to go, and reverse engineering is only going to bring them up to yesterdays standards.

On the other hand, maybe they will build a V5 1000CC VFR before Honda does.  Razz
JamesG
Home again!

Reputation -66

Motorcycles: yes
GPS: Columbus, GA
Miles Typed: 4912

My Photo Gallery

vroom.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 01:11:19 pm »

LoL! But they would call it the "VFC Interlooper".  Lol

I really don't even trust made in China, and I most certainly would not trust my life to at at 70mph on a busy interstate!
ksann
Super Moderator

Reputation 24

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 02:18:31 pm »

Ken has never worked with a Chinese supplier.  Lol
Not quite true.
Our company has US Engineers that we have relocated to China, we direct import quite a bit.

ken

Proud, & Pretty, father of the worlds most beautiful little girl. The bestest one!
sterling

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2003 ZZR 600
GPS: Youngsville, NC
Miles Typed: 226

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 05:09:48 pm »

I really don't even trust made in China, and I most certainly would not trust my life to at at 70mph on a busy interstate!

I saw a Craigslist ad (Raleigh, NC) for some of these, and this way my first thought. A scooter is one thing...but who knows, to be able to be imported and sold they should have to pass some sort of safety requirements at least.

My website
bubba zanetti

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 05:23:06 pm »

Inside the next ten years the global economy will collapse and you will be riding around on this:

Ironic huh?

That is the ugliest sidecar I have ever seen.
Netminder
Certified Psychopath

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: '06 ST3, thinking about getting an 848
Miles Typed: 636

My Photo Gallery

Big bores rule! Guns and bikes!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 08:04:05 pm »

Considering that Chinese manufacturers think nothing about using lead paint in children's toy, poison in dog treats to get protein measuring higher, flamable materials in childrens sleepwear, and god knows what they use as food preservatives - I think I'll pass for now on risking my life on a Chinese motorcycle. There's zero accountability over there other than in us not buying their junk.

May the maniacs always be in front of you, and the idiots always behind you.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/dogbert1/Misc/4486Landing.jpg
ksann
Super Moderator

Reputation 24

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 08:21:19 pm »

Sorry, but to my view, it is up to the American importer to spec how something is made, and to verify that it is being done that way.
Again, the laptop (Toshiba) that I am typing this on was made in China, and it has been very reliable, not a single problem at all.

ken

sterling

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2003 ZZR 600
GPS: Youngsville, NC
Miles Typed: 226

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 08:28:55 pm »

Sorry, but to my view, it is up to the American importer to spec how something is made, and to verify that it is being done that way.
Again, the laptop (Toshiba) that I am typing this on was made in China, and it has been very reliable, not a single problem at all.

ken

Correct, but in this time of dollars over sense, do you really want to place your life in the hands of some greedy corporation to do the right thing? A laptop is one thing, a vehicle is another. Although, with the laptop batteries exploding lately, who knows Bigsmile

My website
Netminder
Certified Psychopath

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: '06 ST3, thinking about getting an 848
Miles Typed: 636

My Photo Gallery

Big bores rule! Guns and bikes!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 08:35:11 pm »

You aren't going to wind up in the hospital or the morgue if your Chinese-made laptop crashes. Lol

May the maniacs always be in front of you, and the idiots always behind you.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/dogbert1/Misc/4486Landing.jpg
ksann
Super Moderator

Reputation 24

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 11:19:44 pm »

Sorry, but I would not be afraid of owning a Chinese made motorcycle. I would research it like any other new to us manufacturer, but I would consider it.

ken

scotteroni

Reputation -12

Motorcycles: 1982 CB900C, 84 GPz750
GPS: SW New Hampshire
Miles Typed: 1001

My Photo Gallery

Fail to prepare, then prepare to fail

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 11:22:03 pm »

I don't know but my local motoguzzi, piaggio,aprillia dealer also sells Hyosung. Kinda like the Sears good, better and best scenario with their tool selection and trying to cover all the price points.  Looking at the bike and the quality of materials, welds, chrome er...plastic I personally would be embarrassed to be seen riding the bike myself. Some of these bikes are priced only 10%-12% less than a comparable Suzuki or Yamaha. Sure you'll save some money in the beginning but the resale value is  surely going to drop 50% in 2 years.
Bodhi
Incurable Cynic

Reputation 10

Years Contributed: '06, '08
Motorcycles: '05 Ducati ST3
GPS: Raleigh, NC
Miles Typed: 3281

My Photo Gallery

Don't let your Karma run over your Dogma!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2008, 11:26:41 pm »

Sorry, but I would not be afraid of owning a Chinese made motorcycle. I would research it like any other new to us manufacturer, but I would consider it.

ken

Well my form of "research" will be to wait and see - let others test and Q/A them - others who aren't as picky about putting their lives in the hands of stuff made in a country where it has been clear that safety and integrity are too often compromised by greed and corruption, and where there is apparently no regulatory oversight. Maybe time will tell if China's industrial revolution turns out to be similar to Japan's - initially poor quality junk evoking "made in Japan" jokes. Maybe the Chinese will produce decent quality, safe, inexpensive knock offs. But I'm not gonna be the guinea pig. I'll check back in 3-5 years.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/dogbert1/Funny%20Pics/POLICE1-SMALL_1.jpg   I might not live forever, but I'm going to die trying
DredheadV2.0
Descendant of terrorists

Reputation -94

GPS: Las Vegas, NV
Miles Typed: 13198

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2008, 11:46:22 pm »

Considering that Chinese manufacturers think nothing about using lead paint in children's toy, poison in dog treats to get protein measuring higher, flamable materials in childrens sleepwear, and god knows what they use as food preservatives - I think I'll pass for now on risking my life on a Chinese motorcycle. There's zero accountability over there other than in us not buying their junk.

+ a bazillion

I must drink beer.  Beer is the mind-killer.  Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration.  I will face my beer.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me. 
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal