Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Ducati Vyper muscle bike???  (Read 29928 times)

atadaskew

Reputation 155

Motorcycles: A Vethpa and thome other thcooter
GPS: Venice Beach, California.
Miles Typed: 11824

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2010, 03:41:19 PM »

These pics make me a little nauseous.    Hurl

Holy crap is that an ugly swingarm.  

Caught in the United States being fitted with a new swingarm (according to DNT), this version of the Ducati Diavel shows some interesting lines that depart from the photos we’ve seen earlier of the performance cruiser.

I'm hip about time, I just gotta go.
Rincewind

Reputation 122

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: BMW F700GS
GPS: SEPA
Miles Typed: 13703

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2010, 03:47:58 PM »

Well I haven't seen any other pics of the swingarm to say differently.  Shrug

So we lost the Sport Classics, and we get this POS in their place.  Nice one Ducati.
Punchdude

Reputation 5

Miles Typed: 390

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2010, 07:35:36 PM »

Well..THAT is a disappointment.  How many of those things do they think they can possibly sell to support tooling up and make any reasonable return on investment.... Headscratch  I don't get it. It has to be upwards of $20k.

Color me cornfused.
Rincewind

Reputation 122

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2010, 11:39:07 AM »

Ducati has begun their official tease.  From their Facebook Feed: "The Diavel is on its way…"  Listed on their website with a date of Nov 1.

Rincewind

Reputation 122

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2010, 12:56:56 PM »

456lbs?  EEK!

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/ducati-diavel-official-photo/

First Official Photos of the 2011 Ducati Diavel – Traction Control, ABS, Multiple Driving Modes, & 456lbs

UPDATE: Ducati USA just sent us a larger version of the photo posted on Facebook (enhanced version above). Check out the key entry for the trunk under the tail, and how the tail lights extend past the tail section to function as turn signals as well.

Ducati has just released the first official images of the 2011 Ducati Diavel on its website and Facebook page, thus beginning the teasing process as we lead up to the EICMA show in Milan in three weeks (and confirming the name Diavel in the process). Showing the ass end of the power cruiser, we get our first good glimpse of the carbon tank on the Diavel (rumors are the Ducati Diavel will come in two trim levels). Ducati has also announced that the Diavel will sport ABS, Ducati Traction Contorl, multiple riding modes, and weigh 456lbs.

Ducati has also confirmed that the 2011 Ducati Diavel will use the Testastretta 11° engine found on the 2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200, but has coyly made no mention of power figures, leading us to take an educated guess that the “Devil” makes a bit more power than its sport-touring cousin.

Smaller details are starting to come out as well, as we see the frame will get some red paint (as inked-in earlier), along with a central racing stripe down the tank and tail. We’ve brightened up the close-up photo after the jump, but don’t expect to see anything more than some pieces from the Ducati parts bin.
falconati
you love it

Reputation 44

Motorcycles: Ducati Hypermotard 796, Aprilia Futura, Aprilia Falco
GPS: Madison, WI
Miles Typed: 5767

My Photo Gallery

Baller

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2010, 01:37:17 PM »

I'm not judging until I see it....really   Embarassment
CGameProgrammer

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 2008 FJR1300 (previously: 2006 Ninja 650R)
Miles Typed: 82

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2010, 08:13:31 PM »

Take Ducati's weight figures with a boulder of salt. They claimed 420 lbs for the MTS1200. Motorcycle Consumer News measured the wet weight of the S Sport as 510 lbs, so the S Touring with bags and center-stand and no carbon-fiber would probably be 550 or so.

Still I'm sure this new bike is ridiculously fast, but with no possible capability for luggage or passengers, I see its usefulness as being very limited. A good second bike but not a good only bike.
atadaskew

Reputation 155

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2010, 09:13:43 PM »

Still I'm sure this new bike is ridiculously fast, but with no possible capability for luggage or passengers, I see its usefulness as being very limited. A good second bike but not a good only bike.

Sounds like it would be a great replacement for my Harley Street Bob (RIP).
As long as I could get a passenger on it.

Orson
speshulize in havin' fun

Reputation 79

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '00 Aprilia Mille, '02 Moto Guzzi Le Mans, '04 Triumph Thruxton
GPS: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Miles Typed: 13985

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2010, 01:56:31 AM »

Well..THAT is a disappointment.  How many of those things do they think they can possibly sell to support tooling up and make any reasonable return on investment.... Headscratch  I don't get it. It has to be upwards of $20k.

Color me cornfused.

Well, I've noticed a steady increase in Harleys on the road in Europe over the years.

On a sunday afternoon at Lake Como, I saw significant numbers of daytrippers from Milan on Harleys. Harleys with those big wide handlebars like beachcomber bicycles seemed to be the current in thing among the rich urban yuppies.

Ducati may have taken note in this increase and, this bike might be there attempt to get a cut of the action.

atadaskew

Reputation 155

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2010, 03:31:57 PM »

Well, I've noticed a steady increase in Harleys on the road in Europe over the years.

On a sunday afternoon at Lake Como, I saw significant numbers of daytrippers from Milan on Harleys. Harleys with those big wide handlebars like beachcomber bicycles seemed to be the current in thing among the rich urban yuppies.

Ducati may have taken note in this increase and, this bike might be there attempt to get a cut of the action.

If that's the case it's not going to work.
Those people ride Harleys because that's what they want. They don't want someone else's attempt at a Harley.  Just like here.
On the upside, Ducati did not try to copy a Harley.  In ways this is a mega Guzzi Griso...

You're not kidding about Harleys in Europe though.  Last time I was there I was surprised as to how many I saw.  And at places like Como, cruisers or scooters really are the best thing, since the roads are slow and very scenic.  It really is a case of 'what's the hurry?'

Rincewind

Reputation 122

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2010, 04:08:59 PM »

It's a head-on take against the Triumph Rocket III's and V-Max's, moreso than the Harleys.  With the low weight and superbike power, it has a chance at owning the power cruiser class.  Even if the weight numbers are optimistic, it will still be very light against its competitors.  I don't like it but I think they will do well with it in the middle-class mid-life crises segment who want sex appeal and brute power.
Orson
speshulize in havin' fun

Reputation 79

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '00 Aprilia Mille, '02 Moto Guzzi Le Mans, '04 Triumph Thruxton
GPS: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Miles Typed: 13985

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2010, 01:51:47 AM »

Those people ride Harleys because that's what they want. They don't want someone else's attempt at a Harley.

I dunno.

I suspect they are part of the "See and be seen" crowd and a Ducati cruiser might get them that extra bit of attention  Bigsmile

sumpfmann

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: '97 Triumph Thunderbird
GPS: Sunny Florida
Miles Typed: 15

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2010, 10:59:56 AM »

Looks like the V-Rod Rolleyes
Rincewind

Reputation 122

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2010, 07:31:33 AM »

Ducati Diavel Pricing – $16,995 Base & $19,995 Carbon

Rincewind

Reputation 122

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2010, 04:24:11 PM »

This bike is up on Ducati's website now --> http://www.diavel.ducati.com/
Jeff
Used to be redsuperhawk

Reputation 35

Motorcycles: Only a Schwinn but not leaving STN
GPS: Starved Rock is my backyard.
Miles Typed: 3960

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2010, 04:44:25 PM »

It looks like the love child from a Monster and a V-Rod. I actually kinda like it. The black with red frame looks great.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal