Poll
Question: Would you quit riding motorcycles or another love of yours if the love of your life said "It's me or the bike"?
I'd give up something that is destructive to me or us - 48 (9.2%)
I would give up whatever he/she wants me to - 3 (0.6%)
I'd give up something I loved if he/she had a damn good reason for me to give it up - 173 (33.1%)
No feckin' way. I'd show him/her the door. I don't let anybody control me - 178 (34.1%)
Other - 29 (5.6%)
Pie? - 91 (17.4%)
Total Voters: 518

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Would you quit motorcycles if.....  (Read 37240 times)

birdrunner

Reputation 18

Motorcycles: CBR1100xx, XR650L
GPS: Edmonton
Miles Typed: 4865

My Photo Gallery

I am firm in my indecision.

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2011, 08:48:18 am »

I get that too. Rita'll observe that it's been a while due to winter and snowstorms and she'll kick me out to go for a ride.

Carl

She just misses her boyfriend.   Rolleyes

I could eat a bowl of Alpha Bits and shit a better argument than that.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

birdrunner

Reputation 18

Motorcycles: CBR1100xx, XR650L
GPS: Edmonton
Miles Typed: 4865

My Photo Gallery

I am firm in my indecision.

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2011, 08:51:53 am »

I love you're helmet! I have the same one...

Snerk, ........ you have a girl's helmet Twofinger.

I could eat a bowl of Alpha Bits and shit a better argument than that.
cb919er

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Honda Cl350, Honda 919
GPS: Knoxville, TN
Miles Typed: 98

My Photo Gallery

Just me, and a bike... Good Times!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2011, 02:07:10 am »

Snerk, ........ you have a girl's helmet Twofinger.

it worked for Ben Spies...
Advertisement

black hills

Reputation 58

GPS: Rapid City, SD
Miles Typed: 5769

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2011, 11:30:11 am »

14 rib factures didn't make me quit
Broken hand didn't make me quit
3 broken helmets (and the concussions that go with it) didn't make me quit
Torn ACL (and surgery to repair it) didn't make me quit
Even the fact that it turned a great friend into a quadriplegic didn't make me quit
So why in the hell would I quit because some girl told me too???
What kind of pussy does that?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 03:44:17 pm by black hills » Logged

'04 CBR1000rr '09KTM300exc '11 990Adventure R
the above opinion is simply that of an average middle aged hick with one too many brain injuries... or, don't take it too serious.
spd2918

Reputation -356

Years Contributed: '08
Motorcycles: ST1300RR (for trips), YZF600R (for tracks), Police ElectraGlide (for tickets), TW200 for trails
GPS: NW WI
Miles Typed: 4240

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2011, 09:20:32 pm »

Maybe some training is in order.

Keep Obama in President, you know.  He gave us a phone; he gonna do more.
black hills

Reputation 58

Miles Typed: 5769

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2011, 09:47:12 pm »

LOL... All that was in training, the races always went well Smile

'04 CBR1000rr '09KTM300exc '11 990Adventure R
the above opinion is simply that of an average middle aged hick with one too many brain injuries... or, don't take it too serious.
slvrsprint

Reputation 29

Motorcycles: '13 Tiger 800
GPS: Endicott, NY
Miles Typed: 390

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2011, 11:31:51 am »

I checked "Other" since this would never happen.  

No one would become my wife with that outlook.  In fact, my wife suggests that I buy new bikes more often than I want to spend the money.  

We have a 10 day vacation planned in Florida next month and she bought only one plane ticket since I mentioned I was considering riding there from New York.  That turned into a month long trip for me while she flies back to work.  

I also love that she's not a passenger, she rides her own.  Her' Yamaha has over 30,000 miles on it.  Maybe it's time for her to have a new one.  

IBA #8027
motodoc43

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 81 convert, 02 Lemans, 09 cali vintage, 09 900LT,09 Voyager
Miles Typed: 8

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2011, 12:09:14 pm »

I gave up riding for a number of years for my last wife. Sadly I was widowed last year, and have since remarried to a lady who rides and has 2 bikes. If she told me to quit, i would have her admitted to a psych hospital!
Computer Guy

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: FJR1300A, VT750RSB
GPS: Zumo 550
Miles Typed: 34

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2011, 01:32:51 pm »

Although she hates the fact that I ride, I have not given her a reason good enough to ask to give up riding.  If she gave me that ultimatum now, I'd say goodbye.  She does things that I don't like, I do things that she doesn't like.  We give each other space and life is too short to be any other way.
trippin

Reputation 0

Miles Typed: 31

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2011, 07:02:34 pm »

Although she hates the fact that I ride, I have not given her a reason good enough to ask to give up riding.  If she gave me that ultimatum now, I'd say goodbye.  She does things that I don't like, I do things that she doesn't like.  We give each other space and life is too short to be any other way.

Amen, brother.
MKorn

Reputation -1

Motorcycles: 09 Concours, 06 DRz
GPS: Middle of the Mitten
Miles Typed: 31

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2011, 12:17:58 pm »

+2

2009 C14 'The Mistress'
2006 DRz 'The Dirty Girl'
jhawk

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: BMW R1200R
GPS: Kansas USA
Miles Typed: 443

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2011, 05:38:13 pm »

Would you quit riding motorcycles or another love of yours if the love of your life said "It's me or the bike"?

I had a hard time deciding between "other" and "pie"  Headscratch

Because it's highly unlikely that "It's me or the bike" will ever come up in discussion. Considering, before we were married, my girl friend made the down payment on a bike I wanted Inlove after 37 years of marraige and a couple of dozen bikes.... there are 2 very nice bikes in the garage now.... I never catch any flak when I buy gear or accessories.... she said I can't ever sell the Thunderbird Sport....and I have standing "permission" to buy a R90S whenever I find one I like (but it has to be the gray-smoke, cannot be the yellow)... of course I had to get her a MX5 Miata in the bargain....    Lol

Past and present = Ducati, Yamaha, Honda, Honda, Honda, Yamaha, Honda, Honda, BMW, BMW, Triumph, Triumph, Honda, BMW
Flying W

Reputation -3

Motorcycles: GSX1250
Miles Typed: 83

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2011, 12:02:47 pm »

Women come and go but motorcycles are forever....Simple and to the point.
bikerfish1100
Can't reMember

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: 2001 R1100S, 2016 R1200GS 3-Black, 1978 R100S BMW project bike
GPS: Northern Front Range, CO
Miles Typed: 1751

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2011, 11:18:37 am »

love me, love my bikes. or at least tolerate them. but never think that you're going to replace them.

new g/f just got her endorsement so that she can more fully share this aspect of my life with me. that was entirely her choice. we pick up her new/used 2006 Shadow Spirit 1100 tomorrow. she rocks!  Inlove
jetapumper

Reputation 15

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '06 Connie
GPS: I.G.H. MN
Miles Typed: 462

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2011, 11:40:36 am »

I'll stop riding when she gives up her hair/nail appointments, masasages and chiropractor. Till then   Twofinger

"Hard work never killed anybody. But why take the chance? -Edgar Bergen
sammyseaman
AH3

Reputation 206

Motorcycles: 1 1/2
GPS: Grand River Valley
Miles Typed: 9855

My Photo Gallery

Владимир Константинов

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2011, 11:45:55 am »

If your SO really loves you she'll at least try to see it your way. My wife was typical big city girl. Never rode on the back of a motorcycle, thought hunting and guns were horrible and generally wasn't exposed much to those things (her first husband was a sense of entitlement, spoiled pansy-ass that would rather play WOW then treat his woman with respect but that is a story for another thread). Along came me and even though she doesn't eat wild game (yet) she understands hunting, gun ownership and really likes rides on the bike. If'n your SO has a problem with what you love and won't at least be open to the reason you do what you do they should be shown the door. Just my .02

"Warm them with your breath or in your hand then insert them to a comfortable depth." ~Mr. Black~
"Polar bears can't jump." ~black bear~
Desmo Demon

« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2011, 11:06:11 pm »

Unless I was physically or mentally incapable of riding, the only thing that could probably get me to stop would be if I could afford a plane and to fly it as much as I can currently ride my bikes.
satz

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2005 Fz1
GPS: N.Attleboro ,Ma
Miles Typed: 119

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2011, 10:11:32 am »

Unlike most motorcycle are one of the things i enjoy .
so if given a damn good reason like i mess up and end up in hospitals jacked up regularly and we have a baby and toddler and she says take a few yrs off as they need there DAD .i might .

this question is quite a contradition in that you claim if she is love of your life so you assume she love only parts of your life and not whole...how can someone pick and choose what one loves in a person and then claim its the love of your life.Just saying i hated the vstrom even though i put 10k in a year and sold it in fall as the snow starter falling . We just got married a month ago. She hated the whole no bike period over holidays and everyone gave the whole we understand your wife made you do it look.She flipped out lol. anyway she dragged my lazy ass to a dealer and told me today you buy a bike in spring or else forget coming home 5 yrs ago.

Anyway , she just told me last month as we are adding a 2 car garage that i should think about adding a cruiser ,so she can also share it with me to ride /get a licence next year .we have a 8 month old and 4yr old. it goes both ways as i worry with little kids but i know she enjoyed it when she rode her virago for years . she would get a permit in spring and ride all summer. not sure why she never went to get a licence and kept doing this for years when she was younger.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:15:18 am by satz » Logged
2RR2NV

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: 2012 ZX-14R in Blaze Green
Miles Typed: 1978

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2012, 07:24:06 pm »

a new development for me as proof i have an awesome wife...  i sold my FJR back in Mar 2011 because of not riding much, not liking the roads, work, finances, new baby girls....  well, last month, my wife surprised me by searching for, setting up the deal, and driving me to the dealer to pick up my new bike!!!!    oh yeah, i must definitely do NOT have to worry about my Love asking me to sell.

If you're gonna go, go with a smile!  Smile

current ride:   2012 ZX-14R   previous rides:  2011 GSXR750, 2007 FJR1300, 2004 GSXR 750, 2002 Hayabusa, 2002 Honda VFR800, 1992 Honda Nighthawk
ChrisZRX
This space for rent.

Reputation 12

Motorcycles: '13 FZ1
GPS: Tyrone, PA
Miles Typed: 776

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2012, 03:25:14 pm »

The ex didn't like it.

I told her, 'I was riding before I met you, I was riding when we were dating, I was riding when we got married.  I'm not going to quit now."

I'm divorced, and still riding.  Bigok
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal