Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print

Topic: 2010 Region 4 Annual Track day - June 9th, Wed, Blackhawk Farms  (Read 29400 times)

Cheddarhead
Today, we wonder of yesterday...and worry about tomorrow...

Reputation 18

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '68 CL 350, '81 CB 750 Custom, '03 ST1300, '03 BMW F650 GS
Miles Typed: 3095

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: July 07, 2010, 09:02:09 AM »

Finally got around to sitting down and watching the DVD that MotoVid sent out folloowing our Track Day experience...Very Cool!

At least for the first 2 minutes and 50 seconds!

At that time I appeared on the video...very soon thereafter to be passed by three riders and the video bike.

D'oh! Bash

At least they didn't catch me cooking the corner in turn #6, which I did more than once.

Didn't see the entirety of the video (it was late, and I was sleepy after cutting the lawn and donating a couple of pints of B+ to the swarms of skeeters that rose up in waves from the grass...it looked like a miniature swarm of locusts, or something from a B Grade Horror Flick) so I have more to look forward to.  Editing was nice and the musical soundtrack was a great touch.  Would have been awesome to have a mic to pick up the engine sounds...and a telemetry display to add Speed / RPM / DOG info...but this isn't MotoGP.

When is the next one?
RocketmanBill

Reputation 7

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: '03 Ducati ST4s (The Money Pit), '05 R6 (Track Bike), '09 Versys,
GPS: Campton Hills, IL
Miles Typed: 158

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: July 07, 2010, 02:38:30 PM »

When is what, the next Moto GP or Track Day?

Next Moto GP?     don't no

Next STN Track Day?      Next Year...... Hence the name "Annual Track Day".

If you want to do another Track Day this year, http://sportbiketracktime.com has plenty of them.

I'm going to be at Autobahn (North track) on Aug 7th, and Autobahn (Full course) on Sept 6th.

Other that that, you're on you own.

I found that you can practice ALL of the skills you have learned from your first track day, in a school parking lot. Just at slower speeds.

Rocketman Bill

Forget all the technical stuff, Let's Ride!
jadziadax8
nerd

Reputation 48

Motorcycles: 2007 Ninja 650
GPS: Too close to Ed for comfort ;-)
Miles Typed: 2751

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: July 07, 2010, 05:26:40 PM »

Nate and I are seriously contemplating September 6th.

Yeah, it's a girl's bike.  It's THIS girl's bike!
RocketmanBill

Reputation 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: July 07, 2010, 08:17:01 PM »

Don't contenmplate too long. These track days fill-up quickly. 'specially novice group.

Oh, I forgot to ad, that for STT you have to pay  $35 membership fee, but you get a cool t-shirt and many discount coupons.

The novice group is a very structured group. Groups of 5, no passing in your group, and each session is structured so you practice and learn skills to be on the track.  Open track time, as you you have done at Blackhawk, doesn't happend untill the last two or three sessions of the day.  Still there is plenty of tiime for speed, but you do it with the practiced skills you have learned all morning.

Much FUN!

Rocketman Bill
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:15:19 AM by RocketmanBill » Logged

samal
sport-touring wannabee

Reputation 9

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 - street, 2002 YAmaha R6 - track only
GPS: Chicagoland
Miles Typed: 521

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: July 07, 2010, 09:51:57 PM »

yeah, if you feel addicted, don't stop and wait for next ST.N trackday.

I did a few since that one - Last one was Road America with NESBA on 6/30 - what a FUN track!!!!
Next one will be 7/15 with STT Autobahn North, then I am not sure what's next, but I plan to go to Blackhawk on July 21 and/or August 11 with Motovid, and later I will be at Putnam park with STT again - next day after Indy MotoGP - 8/30.
phoenix

Reputation 27

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: '05 CBR600RR, and shopping :)
GPS: Ankeny IA
Miles Typed: 3982

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: July 08, 2010, 01:20:41 PM »

[voice=Nelson] HA HA [/voice]

we got a few others addicted!!  Bigok

Understand there are at least a few choices for who to do trackdays with in the Chicago area. You guys are fortunate to have choices. And not that one organization is better than the rest, or that one of them sucks, it just means that there are multiple tracks to choose from and lots of dates scattered over the summer/fall.

I think you'll find that you meet some pretty awesome people. Sometimes you fall into a group that you want to ride with more frequently. Sometimes you have more than 1 group you like to ride with. It's all good.

NATIONAL 2003, 2004
EASTERN: 2003
REGION 4: 2005 WCRM: 2006, 2007 CENTRAL: 2007 ST.N trackday at Blackhawk Farms: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
Fast Eddy
Used, but not used up!

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 97 CBRXX, 01CBR929,06 GSXR750, 01 H-D Road King
GPS: Yep, I'm here
Miles Typed: 210

My Photo Gallery

Noooooo, Not really

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: July 09, 2010, 10:50:42 AM »

Hi gang,
 Blackhawk just added another date to there schedule. Sunday August 1st is now a motorcycle track day. Go to http://www.motovid.com/catalog/ you have to click the drop down box to find the added date. There is no membership fee for ant Motovid/Blackhawk track days.

I can give you a discount code to save ya $15 also. I'm not sure if I'll be working but I will prolly be there. :-)

I'm winning my battle with anorexia.

The Liver is evil and must be punished!!
samal
sport-touring wannabee

Reputation 9

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 - street, 2002 YAmaha R6 - track only
GPS: Chicagoland
Miles Typed: 521

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: July 09, 2010, 12:15:24 PM »

Hi gang,
 Blackhawk just added another date to there schedule. Sunday August 1st is now a motorcycle track day. Go to http://www.motovid.com/catalog/ you have to click the drop down box to find the added date. There is no membership fee for ant Motovid/Blackhawk track days.

I can give you a discount code to save ya $15 also. I'm not sure if I'll be working but I will prolly be there. :-)

Sucks, I will be so badly hungover that day - no riding for me
jadziadax8
nerd

Reputation 48

Motorcycles: 2007 Ninja 650
GPS: Too close to Ed for comfort ;-)
Miles Typed: 2751

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: July 09, 2010, 05:48:43 PM »

Don't contenmplate too long. These track days fill-up quickly. 'specially novice group.

Oh, I forgot to ad, that for STT you have to pay  $35 membership fee, but you get a cool t-shirt and many discount coupons.

The novice group is a very structured group. groups of 5, no passing in yoiur group, and each session is structured so you practice and learn skills to be on the track.  Open track time, as you you have done at Blackhawk, doesn't happend untill the last two or three sessions of the day.  Still there is plenty of tiime for speed, but you do it with the practiced skills you have learned all morning.

Much FUN!

Rocketman Bill

We are in!  I love the Femmoto discount.  $135 for me for the day.  Bigok

Yeah, it's a girl's bike.  It's THIS girl's bike!
RocketmanBill

Reputation 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: July 12, 2010, 02:09:22 PM »

Hey Fast Eddy.......   I take that discount code.

Rocketman Bill

Fast Eddy
Used, but not used up!

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Noooooo, Not really

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: July 12, 2010, 04:49:59 PM »

Hey Fast Eddy.......   I take that discount code.

Rocketman Bill

Sorry for the delay, code sent. see ya there

gixxer188

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 03,04,05 GSXR 1k, 00 R6
GPS: New Glarus, WI
Miles Typed: 12

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: July 12, 2010, 04:53:12 PM »

The next MotoVid Track Day at Blackhawk Farms is July 21st!  I'll be there and if you want a video of just you with sound just ask me and I'll follow you around for a session.

And we don't typically add people blowing corners or crashing to the DVD's that are sent to everyone.

Finally got around to sitting down and watching the DVD that MotoVid sent out folloowing our Track Day experience...Very Cool!

At least for the first 2 minutes and 50 seconds!

At that time I appeared on the video...very soon thereafter to be passed by three riders and the video bike.

D'oh! Bash

At least they didn't catch me cooking the corner in turn #6, which I did more than once.

Didn't see the entirety of the video (it was late, and I was sleepy after cutting the lawn and donating a couple of pints of B+ to the swarms of skeeters that rose up in waves from the grass...it looked like a miniature swarm of locusts, or something from a B Grade Horror Flick) so I have more to look forward to.  Editing was nice and the musical soundtrack was a great touch.  Would have been awesome to have a mic to pick up the engine sounds...and a telemetry display to add Speed / RPM / DOG info...but this isn't MotoGP.

When is the next one?

The Engelhart Center/Madison Motorsports/Quaker Steak & Lube/Monarch Media Designs/MLA Customs Vinyl, Paint and Air
Cheddarhead
Today, we wonder of yesterday...and worry about tomorrow...

Reputation 18

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Motorcycles: '68 CL 350, '81 CB 750 Custom, '03 ST1300, '03 BMW F650 GS
Miles Typed: 3095

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: July 12, 2010, 06:31:35 PM »

The next MotoVid Track Day at Blackhawk Farms is July 21st!  I'll be there and if you want a video of just you with sound just ask me and I'll follow you around for a session.

And we don't typically add people blowing corners or crashing to the DVD's that are sent to everyone.

ACtually had an opportunity to apply some of what I learned at the Track Day this past weekend...went on the R4 Moto-Camping Weekend up to Cable and back, so I got lots (and lots!) of saddle time.  Sunday mornings' ride home...and suddenly, it "clicked"...weight shift, throttle, site lines through the curves, etc....everything was fluid.  

I "rarely" (i.e...Never) "lead" a session.  Didn't intend to do so...it's just that everybody else followed me....but the feeling of "one with the bike..." was damn near intoxicating.  I was wishing that cty rd M and Hwy 13 could go on "forever..."

So...feel free to use whatever footage you have of me....for better or worse...it was a great day, and I "will" be back on the track / at riding schools to continue the journey...
Breadman
Pest Eradicator

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: 2007 FJR, 2001 ZX-9R
GPS: Muskego, WI
Miles Typed: 3290

My Photo Gallery

Enjoying the many facets of motorcycling.

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: July 12, 2010, 07:48:14 PM »

It is great to hear that your track day has been a worthwhile experience, Charlie!

2008, 2009, 2010 STN Region 4 Track Day at Blackhawk Farms
2008, 2009 STN Region 4 meet in Boscobel, WI
2008, 2009 Soup Run    2013 Larry's St. Olaf Run
DavidLSI

Reputation 12

GPS: Northern Illinois
Miles Typed: 4775

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: July 12, 2010, 08:44:29 PM »

ACtually had an opportunity to apply some of what I learned at the Track Day this past weekend...went on the R4 Moto-Camping Weekend up to Cable and back, so I got lots (and lots!) of saddle time.  Sunday mornings' ride home...and suddenly, it "clicked"...weight shift, throttle, site lines through the curves, etc....everything was fluid.  

I "rarely" (i.e...Never) "lead" a session.  Didn't intend to do so...it's just that everybody else followed me....but the feeling of "one with the bike..." was damn near intoxicating.  I was wishing that cty rd M and Hwy 13 could go on "forever..."

So...feel free to use whatever footage you have of me....for better or worse...it was a great day, and I "will" be back on the track / at riding schools to continue the journey...

Yup Charlie had is hustle on, on Sunday...

Fast Eddy
Used, but not used up!

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Noooooo, Not really

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: July 12, 2010, 09:18:58 PM »

That is very cool when riding feels that way. No matter what pace you are riding.

It's all about the fun.

mxvet57
Let's find some twisty's

Reputation -105

Motorcycles: 04 FJR1300 06 SPEED TRIPLE 88 EX500 05 YZ250 01 YZ 250 91 KX 500
GPS: Mt. prospect ill.
Miles Typed: 15259

My Photo Gallery

Loud horns save lives

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: July 12, 2010, 11:52:02 PM »

Yup Charlie had is hustle on, on Sunday...

I was doing 80 and you all were pulling away from me.

It's not the fall that will kill you it's that sudden stop

04 FJR 1300 1/4 million mile club and then some.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal