Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: I should always have a camera with me.  (Read 736 times)

karlfitt

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: Ducati ST4s, BMW R 1100 S
GPS: Colorado
Miles Typed: 361

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: August 21, 2010, 10:37:35 AM »

First I want to say, I should hang out here more often, some good stuff in here.

Now, on tot he story.

I got my kids dirt bikes last year, and have been taking them to the track to get them used to riding their bikes as well as developing some skills.

Last week was the first time we went out to the woods with the bikes.
We all had a great time of course.

We did have a little trouble on one section, a rocky climb. My son was having issues Maintain momentum up the hill and his bike kept stalling out on him (Honda XR 80)
I gave him some tips, finally got him up the hill.
Not long after that climb we headed back to the truck for a little break. This is where needing the camera comes in.

I always lube the chains when we take a break and I noticed the chain on his bike was a little loose so I adjusted it. After the adjustment the rear brake was locked up. Headscratch I hadn't moved the rear wheel THAT much.

I found that he had hit a rock and bent, and I mean REALLY bent the rear brake lever,Wish I had a picture to post. The thing was shoved almost completely under the footpeg. Because of this bend, some of it was under the case, pushing down on the pedal and dragging the rear brake. No wonder he had issues with that low speed hill! Lol

Luckily I had brought my toolbox (last time out I didn't. That is the last time that will happen) and I was able to bent the thing back into shape enough we could finish riding that day.

Man dirt bikes are fun. Thumbsup

<P>

"Loud Clutches save lives"
cmilaprz

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Kwasaki
Miles Typed: 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 03:06:00 AM »

I do agree that the dirt bikes are indeed fun to be along with while on the move and the thing you should be having without failing is a camera as this is indeed something that would help to capture some good moments such that we could preserve it for lifetime. These are indeed those nostalgic moments that set you going good again. I always do make it a point that I have my camera with me.  
fastdadio

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 99-Sportster-sport, 07-CRF230, 01 KTM 400 LC4
GPS: Shelby Twp. MI.
Miles Typed: 156

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 09:38:42 AM »

Cherish these times Karlfitt. They grow so fast. Won't be long and you'll be playing catch up! A bit of training advice. Take another look at that brake lever. Now, where was his foot when that happened? Could have been very bad if you think about it. Train them to always keep the ball of the foot on the peg with the toes pointed inward. Never ride on the arch of the foot. It feels strange at first but is an important safety habit. Especially in that rockpile you call Colorado! Hard to teach and monitor with the young ones. Will become even harder as he outgrows the bike and the distance from seat to peg becomes too close.

Anyone that tries to disarm the good people of this nation is an enemy and a traitor and should be dealt with as such.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal