Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Twinlight Driver 3 - Forum Special Offer  (Read 700 times)

Bueller

Reputation 3

Years Contributed: '07, '09
Motorcycles: Buell XB12R, 1125R
GPS: Melbourne
Miles Typed: 654

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: October 28, 2010, 08:09:41 AM »

You can read about the Twinlight Driver  on the link here

http://www.srwmoto.com.au/electrical-electronic/twinlight-driver-both-bulbs-on-all-the-time/prod_469.html

I am offering an AU$25 discount until the end of November to ST.N members.  The easiest way to get the offer is to PM me and I will send you a discount code that you can use for an on-line order.

This is my Firebolt on low beam now - the bike has 90 mm Hellas so it is a bit different to stock but shows the effect.

The main features are >20% more power to one bulb and >40% to two bulbs.  On a Daytona with an H7 low and an H9 high this gives 44% more light output on low and 67% more on high.  The manufacturer measures more forward focused light output with the Twinlight Driver running Philips +50% bulbs than with HID accessory bulbs running in a reflector designed for a Halogen bulb.  There are animated images of the differences on the link.

These were specifically designed to suit Buell XBs, but they are fairly generic and are a simple fit with many bikes that run H3, H7, H9 and H11 bulbs.

That is without any of the other twinlight features enabled.

There are my settings.  The ones I use are:
- Daytime and Low-light modes controlled by a light sensor.
- I have Daytime mode low beam set with high beam at 46% brightness and discrete modulation
- I have Low-light mode set to have the high on at 35% brightness with low beam (in the picture above, high is set to 43% brightness on low beam).
- Both bulbs on full with high beam
- If the low beam bulb fails high automatically comes on at ~50%
- Delayed headlight turn on after the ignition key is switched - saves on bulbs and batteries and makes the bike easier to start.
- I use a Philips +50% in the high beam to get the same colour effect as the low bulb when the high bulb is running dimmer.
Bueller

Reputation 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 09:33:05 PM »

The fitment Guide for Buell XB series has just been completed

http://www.ecliptech.com.au/downloads/twinlight/manuals/tl3_buell_xb_series.pdf

We are trying to find a volunteer to help with a fitment guide for the 1125CR

There are Triumph versions available where the the fitment is simply disconnecting a connector and plugging the TL between both ends of the connector and running earth and live to the battery.

Guides are underway for some Yamaha models that have two lights but only run one on low.  We are working on an adaptor kit for some of the Honda sports bikes.
Bueller

Reputation 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 08:47:42 AM »

Some better pictures
Low beam day and night

Low and High beam comparison
Bueller

Reputation 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 02:01:26 AM »

Last few days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal