Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: 2005 ZZR1200  (Read 8636 times)

Dan K

Reputation 108

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '06 Triumph Sprint ST w/ ABS! '03 Aprilia Tuono
GPS: North of Chicago (flat lands w/no twisties)
Miles Typed: 3708

My Photo Gallery

I'm only here to help. Really.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 03:53:43 PM »

Pretty similar bikes.  I wanted one of the ZZR1200's for a while.  Ended up with a Sprint, which probably saved my license.

- Dan

Sometimes the only answer is defenestration. - Dan K

airstash.com - check it out!
stromgal
Lone Rangerette

Reputation 26

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: BigStrom, Buell S1
GPS: West Lake Michigan
Miles Typed: 4402

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 10:00:19 PM »

I was at the DMV today, chatted with some riders awaiting tests in the parking lot. There was a truly lovely black '05 ZZR, with nice rear-sets and other tasty bits. Guy told me it had 16k and he got it for $5000. I told him to be careful.  Bigsmile

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  -Douglas Adams
BradleyRas
ZZR Pilot

Reputation 16

Motorcycles: 02 Kawasaki ZZ-R1200
GPS: South Central PA- LoPaxTwp
Miles Typed: 691

My Photo Gallery

Is it time to ride yet?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 09:50:27 PM »

I'm selling my 02 ZZR 1200 with 47K miles, GIVI side cases and top case, Ivans jet kit, Muzzy 4-1 ti oval, progressive fork springs, galfer ss lines, genmar risers, EBC heavy duty clutch and heavy duty springs, corbin seat and several windscreens...also an extra set of rims, spare fuel tank, front fender, tail light assembly, front and rear brake discs, a variety of sprockets, an extra triple clamp, heated grips, and several other odds and ends..

for $3500  Sad

Hate to see it go but it's time to move on.

This is a ZZR-1200, there are many like it, but this one is mine!
Nolan

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 2005 Concours zg1000
GPS: Chicagoland area
Miles Typed: 99

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 02:27:03 PM »

But those Sallie Mae bastards are vicious. They're like Ray Liotta in "Goodfellas"

Oh, you lost your job? F*ck you, pay me.
Wife got sick? F*ck you, pay me.

AWESOME QUOTE!!! Ive always like the zzr

Thumbsup

If you cant raise the bridge, lower the river.
Joey Stalin
sick of pictures of gas stations

Reputation 15

GPS: nOvA
Miles Typed: 2048

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »

Always loved the look and idea of a ZZR1200, but if the ergos are similar to the Blackbird that I rode, and my VFR, then I don't think it's for me. Both bikes seem to have a very long reach to the bars. The angle of the back isn't fine, it's just a long horizontal distance between the bars and the seat. On a supersport, the bars are lower in relation to the seat, but closer to you, which I tend to find more comfortable. And Helibars is just wimping out.  Razz

Joseph "Joey" Stalin
BMW R1100RT-P
Kawasaki KLR650
1wd

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2006 Ninja 650r
Miles Typed: 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 12:29:36 AM »

Re-viving this thread.  I'm also considering the zzr1200 and have taken a few out, very solid and planted feeling bike yet somewhat nimble for its size.  Oh, and of course the power all over the place!  Smile  I want a bike that will not get blown around on the highway and can handle occasional two-up riding and fit me as I'm 6"2'.  I had a few bikes in mind in addition to the zzr, zx14, FZ1 and FJR.  The zx14 is too sport for what I'm looking for and the FZ1 is still a little cramped for me and wind protection even with a higher screen was mediocre at best. So, I'm down to the ZZR and the FJR  I should be test driving the FJR soon.  Btw; my riding is probably 60/40 sport/tour.  

There are two 2003 zzr1200's for sale locally, one has 20K miles on it and has an aftermarket seat, exhaust and bar risers.  The owner said the only thing it may need at some point is a valve check/adjustment, bikes seems to be running fine.  The only issue with this bike is that it has a salvage title, current owner said the original owner replaced some of the fairing pieces.  The bike looks fine.  The other has 4k miles on it with no mods.  The bike has been sitting and not driven for two years, but does start up, everything is still original on the bike.  This bike is gonna need, new tires, complete tune-up, tank and fuel/carb system cleaned and I want risers and an aftermarket seat.  Not sure yet what all of this is gonna cost.  I would rather have a low mileage bike but I think the price with all the work is gonna put me around $5k while I might be able to get the other bike for around $3k.  Any thoughts??  I may just continue to look as well for other zzr's.  I also still want to see what the FJR is like, a little out of my price range, but am willing to take a higher mileage one if it's the bike I pick.  Thanks.  
slayman

Reputation 15

Motorcycles: 1984 Kawi GPZ 550, 05 ZZR 1200
GPS: Lankaster PA
Miles Typed: 271

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 09:34:15 PM »

here you go 1wd:
http://savannah.craigslist.org/mcy/3232152410.html
Zixxerpilot
Where does THIS bolt go?

Reputation 9

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: 04 Kawasaki z1000
GPS: Stevens Point, WI
Miles Typed: 1386

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 09:54:36 PM »

If the one with the salvage title checks out, buy it and ride the wheels off. You can total that bike tipping it over in the parking lot. Tank alone is about $900 from Kawi, and they usually don't quote a repaint for a scratch. Its all done as new parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone know where I can find rubber pants my size?

www.onetruerob.com The Ramblings of One Strange Nerd
1wd

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2006 Ninja 650r
Miles Typed: 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, 02:35:21 AM »

Thanks Slayman for the headsup.  Thanks as well, Zixxerpilot,  your right the parts add up quickly on a bike.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal