Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Man in truck attempts to run motorcyclist off the road, on video  (Read 47009 times)

tjhess74
Burning old dinosaurs is what I do

Reputation -17

Years Contributed: '08
Motorcycles: 2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
GPS: North Charleston, SC
Miles Typed: 2160

My Photo Gallery

two of my favorite things...

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: June 17, 2011, 11:38:05 am »

If he was still military I was going to say that they need to nail his ass in the military judicial system as well as hand his ass to the civilian authorities.

yep, if he was still in, he would get the ucmj treatment, likely booted, then the civilian authorities would turn around and charge him again.  his butt hole would be twice as sore.  part of me hopes he still active duty for that exact reason...

i ride.  to work, to home, to the store, to kill time.  doesn't matter when, what the weather, or with who.  i ride.

Iron Butt Association #30337
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

jeepinbanditrider
KK6RBI

Reputation 7

Motorcycles: 78 Suzuki GS1000, 04 DL650
GPS: Greenville, Tx.
Miles Typed: 1215

My Photo Gallery

Alright Meow!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: June 17, 2011, 01:30:48 pm »

He might not get kicked out for it but he would definatly be in some hot water on both sides of the fence.  If he got jail time they would probably admin sep him.

1978 GS1000,  2004 VSTROM 650, 2008 MazdaSpeed3
NoGear

Reputation 4

Motorcycles: 2005 FJR1300
GPS: Formerly of al Taji, Iraq, now Camp Buehring, Kuwait
Miles Typed: 369

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2011, 07:18:01 pm »

From what I read in the paper he was discharged already but was at Bragg to pack up and move his things.

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives
Advertisement

ripdaddy

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 55

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2011, 01:56:44 pm »

Just watched this one again.  The only reason there isn't a three-way tie for Bozo of the Week is that the pick-up driver  made the unconscionable choice to harm the guy passing him.
zarly
Action Pants!

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2008 Honda Varadero, "Ah Crap!"
GPS: Victoria, BC
Miles Typed: 759

My Photo Gallery

Der Humpink!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: June 27, 2011, 12:55:15 pm »

Holy smokes.  When I first watched the video, I thought the truck driver was holding a gun to his own head because he was so upset.

Zarly Doug Walker
kyzrex
member-at-large

Reputation 90

GPS: NKY
Miles Typed: 1143

My Photo Gallery

WWW.ridemsta.com

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2011, 07:08:26 pm »

Time for an update...

Driver was found guilty of various charges, including wanton endangerment and reckless diving.  Has been in jail since not post bail since June.   Finally sentenced this past week....

2 years in jail amd a 100 dollar fine.  I am sure he will get credit for time served, but will still be spending Christmas and the New Years in the pokey.......

Merry Christmas

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and would taste good with ketchup"
veefer800canuck
Nicky Hayden stole my childhood!

Reputation 167

Years Contributed: '10
GPS: Whitecourt, Alberta, Canada, EH?
Miles Typed: 6790

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2011, 07:31:34 pm »

Yay!  Bigok

tjhess74

Reputation -17

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: December 18, 2011, 04:42:42 am »

thats very good to hear. i think 2 years is fairly light, but its better than nothing.  had he endangered an animal, he would have received 10 years.

i ride.  to work, to home, to the store, to kill time.  doesn't matter when, what the weather, or with who.  i ride.

veefer800canuck
Nicky Hayden stole my childhood!

Reputation 167

Years Contributed: '10
GPS: Whitecourt, Alberta, Canada, EH?
Miles Typed: 6790

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: December 18, 2011, 08:02:29 am »

He'll serve 1/3 of his sentence, so 8 months.

He's been in for 6 months already, so probably be credited for that, so another 2 months methinks.

googus

Reputation 3

Miles Typed: 1015

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: December 18, 2011, 09:49:59 am »

Something is better then nothing
NoGear

Reputation 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2011, 01:31:18 pm »

Thanks for the update Kyrex.  How goes things back in "our" neck of the woods?  I'm out of Iraq now but will be in Kuwait for the forseable future.  BTW There is a Harley Retail center on Camp Buehring.  They try to tell you that they are such a better deal if you buy one while over here but from what I've seen it isn't any cheaper at all.  (not that I'm going to buy a HD anytime soon)

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives
kyzrex
member-at-large

Reputation 90

GPS: NKY
Miles Typed: 1143

My Photo Gallery

WWW.ridemsta.com

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: December 20, 2011, 08:32:59 am »

Kev

Great to near from you!   Things are pretty quiet back here right now.  Weather has been good enough to get a little riding in, temps mostly in 40's and low 50's, much better than last years 20's and 30's for sure.  The Buckeye Rider hit a dog and went down on the annual Winter Solsist ride this past Sunday, but after a short ride to the hospital to make sure his head was still attached, is home and alright.  The no name Duc is a little beat up, but is repairable.  I'm hoping that the Ky people can all get together after the first of the year and we'll make sure it happens when you get back.  Glad to hear you are in a little safer place than before.  Have  Merry Christmas my friend!  

Pat

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and would taste good with ketchup"
spd2918

Reputation -356

Motorcycles: ST1300RR (for trips), YZF600R (for tracks), Police ElectraGlide (for tickets), TW200 for trails
GPS: NW WI
Miles Typed: 4240

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: December 20, 2011, 10:13:50 am »

BTW There is a Harley Retail center on Camp Buehring.  They try to tell you that they are such a better deal if you buy one while over here but from what I've seen it isn't any cheaper at all.  (not that I'm going to buy a HD anytime soon)

We were offered cars through the PX after Desert Storm.  There was a tax advantage, but you couldn't get a straight answer about the price.  So much for taking care of your soldiers.

Keep Obama in President, you know.  He gave us a phone; he gonna do more.
NoGear

Reputation 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2011, 12:04:25 pm »

They sell cars from Ford, Lincoln, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Honda (only for overseas delivery). You still have to pay taxes (depending on your state) and registration fees.  I did some price checking and it doesn't seem to be any cheaper than what I've gotten from dealers on my own in the past but then again, my wife and I get asked to negotiate for our friends when they buy cars!  LOL  We've got the tag team action down to a science.   On the Harleys it comes out to about $500 cheaper than sticker.  I know I could get $500.  Last year I was in a Harley Dealer and negotiated $1200 off on a new Dyna Wideglide. I didn't really want it but I thought is the price is right..... My buddy went it looking for something for his Road King.

tjhess74

Reputation -17

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: December 26, 2011, 11:04:16 am »

the exchange car sales offices here in afghanistan say they will beat any dealers price. i think by at least $500 was the offer.  up front, they come in just under dealer price, and if a dealer will beat the original offer, they will go slightly under that.  its strange, cause in the end, they are using the dealer of your choice to deliver the vehicle.  for the sales here, you have to have at least 6 mos left of your tour.  im not sure how it all works, i was only part paying attention as i have no desire for an hd or new vehicle.

Ga-Bandit

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: Bandit 1250 SA ABS
GPS: ATL
Miles Typed: 234

My Photo Gallery

Slide open Wide ways

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2011, 08:33:11 pm »

Thanks for the update Kyrex.  How goes things back in "our" neck of the woods?  I'm out of Iraq now but will be in Kuwait for the forseable future.  BTW There is a Harley Retail center on Camp Buehring.  They try to tell you that they are such a better deal if you buy one while over here but from what I've seen it isn't any cheaper at all.  (not that I'm going to buy a HD anytime soon)

thanks for your service!

Here is a complete breakdown to the story:
He plead guilty to 2 counts of Wanton Endangerment (1-5 year sentence per charge). 1 count of menacing (up to 90 days) and 1 count of reckless driving (fine).

His sentencing is scheduled for 12/15/2011 and the previous plea offer (which was rejected and I'm having trouble finding the one that was accepted) had these conditions:

Ct1 (WE)2yrs imprisonment
Ct2 (WE) 2yrs imprisonment
Ct3 (Menacing)90 days incarceration
Ct4 (Reckless Driving) $100 fine

I would hope that the one that was plead to was similar, which means he will probably be getting some jail time.

http://apps.courts.ky.gov/courtrecords/Results.aspx

COMMONWEALTH VS. HUDSON, GARY L JR
Scheduled Events
SENTENCING 12/15/2011 01:00 PM 1

He has been in custody since his arrest in June. He did not post bail:

Offender ID: 204599
Date of Birth: 01/07/1983
Race: White

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender: Marion Adjustment Center

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/de...hType=offender

and

BROOKSVILLE | The truck driver caught on camera swerving at a passing motorcycle on May 22, on a rural Bracken County road, was sentenced to prison on Thursday.

Gary L. Hudson, 23, of Pendleton County, entered a guilty plea on Nov. 18, in Bracken Circuit Court to an offer from the Commonwealth's Attorney Office.

He was sentenced Thursday to two years in jail on each of two wanton endangerment counts, 90 days in jail for menacing and a $100 fine for reckless driving. The sentences run concurrent for a total of two years, court officials said.

In the incident, caught on a camera mounted on one of two motorcycles, Hudson is seen driving a truck which enters Kentucky 22 ahead of the motorcyclists and drives in the same direction. As the lead cycle attempts to pass Hudson on the left, Hudson appeared to purposefully steer into the lane and nearly forced the motorcycle off the road. The motorcycle with the camera continued to follow until all three vehicles stopped at an intersection and a verbal altercation with threats ensued.

Hudson is in Mason County Detention Center awaiting transfer to a state prison facility.

Read more: http://www.maysville-online.com/news...#ixzz1go5xaryW

BANDIT of course......Black K8 w/ABS...'nough said

Life free and ride hard because you never know when you'll be called up for that final ride. Go out doing what you love.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal