Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Western Power Sports - excellent customer service!  (Read 1163 times)

Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 48

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '09 Honda Transalp
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 14020

My Photo Gallery

« on: September 26, 2011, 09:29:21 PM »

Long, long story...

Back when I lived in San Francisco during the summer of 2008 I bought a pair of "waterproof" Fieldsheer Meteor 5.0 pants. It being California, it didn't rain much so I could only assume that they worked. Then I moved to NJ in time for fall/winter/spring and didn't ride much. By the time I got back on the bike the pants were almost a year old, only to find out that they leaked horribly. And not the typical 'crotch leak' that one might expect, but they leaked right where I sat on the seat itself. It leaked quickly and thoroughly. I emailed what I thought was Fieldsheer (I later found out it was Western Power Sports, who distributes Fieldsheer) and registered my complaint.

They suggested that I go back to the store to exchange them but I explained that I was 3,000 miles away by now. So instead of an in-store exchange, they took my information and sent me a brand new pair of pants (no charge, no exchange; I could keep the defective ones). Excellent!

I rode in them for another year with the occasional 20 minute ride in the rain to work with no trouble. A couple of days I thought it felt a little damp, but just figured that I was being sensitive and looking for trouble. So I didn't think much about it. That is, until I went to Nova Scotia.

There, I experienced a 6 hour rain and the pants leaked (in the exact same place as the first pair) within the first 30 minutes. I was ticked, to say the least. Every time I buy pants I have to have them altered (length, as well as adding a 3/4 zipper) and this was now the second time that I'd wasted my money  Mad2  So I got back to WPS and told them about the problems I was having, not really expecting them to do anything two years after the initial purchase.

Much to my surprise, Doug (the original contact) still stood behind his company and did his best to make things right. WPS no long carried Fieldsheer, so he couldn't replace them (again), but he did offer to replace them with another manufacturer (Butane). He shipped me a pair but they were the wrong size. He then shipped me two more pair to ensure that I got a pair that would fit me. Once I found one that would work, he sent me a UPS label to ship the other two back to him.

During the last two years I haven't been asked to spend a dime on these replacements. It really is amazing how far Doug went to make things right.

I thought that others should know that Western Power Sports will, indeed, stand behind their products  Thumbsup Thumbsup

One little caveat: I haven't yet ridden in the rain, so I can't attest that the Butane pants are waterproof either  Bigsmile

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.
DkKnight
Time to Ride !!!

Reputation 2

Years Contributed: '07, '08
Motorcycles: 2011 Faster Silver C14 ABS
GPS: Maryland
Miles Typed: 391

My Photo Gallery

Maryland Terps !!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 04:20:03 PM »

It must be your pleasant tone and sterling reputation from the interwebs that preceed you !!
Good to hear a company doing things right  Bigok

DK

Garry  - "Buy the bike that gives you wood"
sammyseaman
AH3

Reputation 206

Motorcycles: 1 1/2
GPS: Grand River Valley
Miles Typed: 9855

My Photo Gallery

Владимир Константинов

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 04:22:50 PM »

It must be your pleasant tone and sterling reputation from the interwebs that preceed you !!
Good to hear a company doing things right  Bigok

DK

Or she used her "heavy-handed mod voice"  couch  Lol

I like to hear about places like this. They shall get my business some day  Thumbsup

"Warm them with your breath or in your hand then insert them to a comfortable depth." ~Mr. Black~
"Polar bears can't jump." ~black bear~
ConPilot1
Seven Pupils In My Eye

Reputation -1645

Miles Typed: 1336

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 04:29:46 PM »

They did me right as the main distributor of Shinko USA in getting my faulty tires replaced rather quickly, and near painlessly.  Thumbsup

I'll +1 the WPS.

halloween over.
Cheddarhead
Today, we wonder of yesterday...and worry about tomorrow...

Reputation 18

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Motorcycles: '68 CL 350, '81 CB 750 Custom, '03 ST1300, '03 BMW F650 GS
Miles Typed: 3094

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 09:42:56 AM »

We need a board for "positive" experiences with retailers / on-line gear suppliers...so folks know where to shop to reward those who do the right thing and support the industry.
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 48

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: '09 Honda Transalp
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 14020

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 01:04:42 AM »

One little caveat: I haven't yet ridden in the rain, so I can't attest that the Butane pants are waterproof either  Bigsmile

Today I was in Seattle, on a bike and in a pretty good rain - the pants leaked  Sad  Needless to say, I have a stitch on order.

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal