Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Borscht, Banff Burn and BBQ  (Read 16718 times)

GTS_Rider
Wacko at large

Reputation 53

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: MTS1200ST, V-Strom 1000, '94 Yamaha GTS1000, 2 Honda VF700F's
GPS: E.R. Burroughs Ranch, aka Tarzana, California
Miles Typed: 2821

My Photo Gallery

Lane-Sharing Saved My Life!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 09:53:24 pm »

Someone ought to dream up a RRMM (Rolling Rocky Mountain Meet)  Each night in a different place, from Banff to Flagstaff, AZ  That might get a few people involved  Embarassment

In!   What are the dates?   Bigsmile

"I actually felt G-Forces in my face fat" - Streetbike Tommy
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

bubba zanetti
2009 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 16 Dr650.

Reputation 69

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
GPS: Kootenays British Columbia above the US eh ...eh?
Miles Typed: 6819

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 10:05:51 pm »

I've always liked the idea of a rolling meet like that too.  It could travel across and through the whole continent with people joining and leaving at will.  Imagine how many STN'ers we could get if it could get started.

Cha Ching !! ... you and DD have an idea there ....  I like it!  Chili could be the baton !!!   Lol

Fixed stops for at least a night or two ... yeah ....  Headscratch

Clearly, either because of demographics, economy or burnout the traditional ST.n events are kind of dying on the vine.  No offence to anyone involved but attendance is way down compared to years past.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:09:12 pm by bubba zanetti » Logged
Baz

Reputation 23

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR
GPS: St. Albert, AB, Canada
Miles Typed: 9065

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 12:21:28 am »

Bubba:

I think this is a great idea. The Whistler part of the former ride was a killer for me.

Advertisement

ZED

Reputation 1

Years Contributed: '07, '08
Motorcycles: '05 Kawi KLR 685 street tard, '07 Ducati ST3s, '13 CRF250R Supermotard, '15 yz25fx
GPS: Calgary, AB, CA
Miles Typed: 1645

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 01:18:41 am »

Cha Ching !! ... you and DD have an idea there ....  I like it!  Chili could be the baton !!!   Lol

Fixed stops for at least a night or two ... yeah ....  Headscratch

Clearly, either because of demographics, economy or burnout the traditional ST.n events are kind of dying on the vine.  No offence to anyone involved but attendance is way down compared to years past.

Well, we tried that a couple of years ago with the STN goes to Hell tour, but didn't start soon enough to get momentum going.  A few people responded but we were already on the road (and what a trip!)  I think the idea still has merit.  Who knows, maybe it could turn into an annual event so people know they could "hitch a ride" on the rolling meet each year.

Yeah, some fixed points, some miscellaneous points... Need to come up with an interesting route with some "Destination".  Things like Hell Michigan, Noodle Texas, Zap North Dakota, Joe Montana, Idiotville Oregon, Vulcan Alberta, Skookumchuk B.C., Spuzzum B.C., the giant Paul Bunyan in California, etc.  Silly places or things as anchor points with some good roads and people in between.  

Now would be the time to start the planning.  Need to get some route input from various regions.

Life is a highway...or a dirt road!
Tread Lightly. Dirt bike with street tires!
http://www.rockymountainmotards.com
Sputnik

Reputation 3

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: 2003 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans Rosso Corsa, 2015 BMW R1200RT, 2018 Suzuki DR650
GPS: Lethbridge, Alberta
Miles Typed: 490

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 11:44:58 am »

I've always thought it would be fun to identify every paved pass on the continental divide, and then plan a trip that zigzags back and forth across the divide from the Canada-US border to the US-Mexico border.  Kind of like a longer version of a Three Flags rally and one that maximizes the number of passes and/or elevation changes.  It would be interesting to see the different routes one could identify to optimize the most desirable ST roads, funky little towns to stay in, etc.

"If the misery of our poor be caused not by nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin".
Charles Darwin.
alphabet man
2017 Africa Twin , Fe501S Husqvarna

Reputation 26

Years Contributed: '09
Miles Typed: 2462

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2011, 10:43:23 pm »

Definitely would be a fun ride, but considering it took me a full day to prepare the borscht  and Liz just as long to get the BBQ ready we would certainly need to change formats and menu's. A ride like that Liz would  ride with me on the KTM and I certainly, won't be missing the ride to cook borscht, that would make me much toooooo grumpy to be around, so we are in but it would be a meet at the lake and look after all your own food and drink, which wouldn't be so bad IMHO. Our door is still open if that's what folks would like to do.   Bigok
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:46:07 pm by alphabet man » Logged

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." George Bernard Shaw

Seek Adventure!
Burners
Frozen Canuck

Reputation 15

Motorcycles: 08 ZX14SE
GPS: Calgary
Miles Typed: 395

My Photo Gallery

Stumbling through life one brainfart at a time...

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 05:38:24 pm »

I've always thought it would be fun to identify every paved pass on the continental divide, and then plan a trip that zigzags back and forth across the divide from the Canada-US border to the US-Mexico border.  Kind of like a longer version of a Three Flags rally and one that maximizes the number of passes and/or elevation changes.  It would be interesting to see the different routes one could identify to optimize the most desirable ST roads, funky little towns to stay in, etc.

Cool idea, but damn! That would take some serious commitment in time and planning to do it all in one trip. The three southernmost passes in Canada alone would take more than a day! Very cool concept though...  Bigok
Sputnik

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: 2003 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans Rosso Corsa, 2015 BMW R1200RT, 2018 Suzuki DR650

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 08:49:56 pm »

I was thinking maybe 2 or 3 weeks for such an adventure.

"If the misery of our poor be caused not by nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin".
Charles Darwin.
ZED

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: '05 Kawi KLR 685 street tard, '07 Ducati ST3s, '13 CRF250R Supermotard, '15 yz25fx

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 09:04:39 pm »

And, a person wouldn't have to do the whole route.  People could join in for a leg, and then drop out and head back home.

Huron52
I wanna ride

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2004 FJR1300, 2008 WR250R
GPS: Left Coast of Ontario....
Miles Typed: 742

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 05:28:15 pm »

That's kind of a neat map. Is there anyway I could see it with roads/ passes on it. You know, Headscratch A little more detail.  It does look like a lot of fun. Bigok
Sputnik

Reputation 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 05:16:28 pm »

That's kind of a neat map. Is there anyway I could see it with roads/ passes on it. You know, Headscratch A little more detail.  It does look like a lot of fun. Bigok

moving to a new thread.....here you go:
https://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,67204.0.html

Charles Darwin.
Kootenanny
"Not That Good"

Reputation 33

Miles Typed: 4630

My Photo Gallery

Buellshit!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 06:41:08 pm »

moving to a new thread...

Yes, that's a great idea, but not really consistent with the Borscht Burn & BBQ...at least, not as I see it.  

...considering it took me a full day to prepare the borscht  and Liz just as long to get the BBQ ready we would certainly need to change formats and menu's.

Dunno about the borscht, but...well, a friend's husband is a chef, and he recently bought a full-sized BBQ trailer rig (drove down to the southeastern states to pick it up).  I could sound him out about catering the event...

E=MC2
birdrunner

Reputation 18

Motorcycles: CBR1100xx, XR650L
GPS: Edmonton
Miles Typed: 4865

My Photo Gallery

I am firm in my indecision.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 07:16:01 pm »

Yes, that's a great idea, but not really consistent with the Borscht Burn & BBQ...at least, not as I see it.  

Dunno about the borscht, but...well, a friend's husband is a chef, and he recently bought a full-sized BBQ trailer rig (drove down to the southeastern states to pick it up).  I could sound him out about catering the event...

That was discussed a bit last time, as we're all really missing out on quality time with "The Girls" as they're all so busy.  It's a lot of work, and while we certainly appreciate it, we really do miss Jim,Dave and the rest of the ladies.

But no messing with THE Borscht.  'kay?

I could eat a bowl of Alpha Bits and shit a better argument than that.
ZED

Reputation 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 10:21:13 pm »

But no messing with THE Borscht.  'kay?

As much as some of the other ideas seem neat, and can certainly be pursued in parallel, I would choose for the KBB staying basically the same.  At least until the Hosts get tired of us Hooligans and stop inviting us that is.  Bigok

Huron52
I wanna ride

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2004 FJR1300, 2008 WR250R
GPS: Left Coast of Ontario....
Miles Typed: 742

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2011, 10:28:27 pm »

At least until the Hosts get tired of us Hooligans and stop inviting us that is.  Bigok

Well I wasn't getting that they are getting tired of the hooligans.... but was maybe thinking of changing it slightly Headscratch

Or at least opening it up for some ideas.   Well that my 2 cents anyhow.
alphabet man
2017 Africa Twin , Fe501S Husqvarna

Reputation 26

Miles Typed: 2462

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 07:56:30 am »

Well I wasn't getting that they are getting tired of the hooligans.... but was maybe thinking of changing it slightly Headscratch

Or at least opening it up for some ideas.   Well that my 2 cents anyhow.

NEVER get tired of the hooligans, that's the best part,    Bigok maybe we just need to simplify, I haven't talked to Jim about this but maybe a smaller meet and greet Fri. (read: less work less mess) then the Borscht and Sausage at the lake after the ride Saturday  Headscratch  

IF it wasn't for the hooligans it wouldn't have made it past the first year  Bigsmile
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/devildogg_/DSCF0668.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/devildogg_/DSCF0678.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/devildogg_/DSCF0677.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/devildogg_/DSCF0666.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/devildogg_/DSCF0663.jpg
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:00:31 am by alphabet man » Logged

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." George Bernard Shaw

Seek Adventure!
Orson
speshulize in havin' fun

Reputation 86

Motorcycles: '02 Moto Guzzi Le Mans, '04 Triumph Thruxton, '16 BMW R1200RS
GPS: Western N.C.
Miles Typed: 14347

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 08:16:40 am »

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/devildogg_/DSCF0668.jpg

I can't help but notice old farts tend to hover around a Le Mans.

like bears to honey  Lol

if we could somehow tinker with the formula and make it attract 20 year old college coeds  Bigsmile

birdrunner

Reputation 18

Motorcycles: CBR1100xx, XR650L
GPS: Edmonton
Miles Typed: 4865

My Photo Gallery

I am firm in my indecision.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 08:45:46 am »

like bears to honey  Lol

if we could somehow tinker with the formula and make it attract 20 year old college coeds  Bigsmile

It was so far behind the rest of us, we'd already checked out all the other bikes by the time he pulled in.

I could eat a bowl of Alpha Bits and shit a better argument than that.
GTS_Rider
Wacko at large

Reputation 53

Motorcycles: MTS1200ST, V-Strom 1000, '94 Yamaha GTS1000, 2 Honda VF700F's
GPS: E.R. Burroughs Ranch, aka Tarzana, California
Miles Typed: 2821

My Photo Gallery

Lane-Sharing Saved My Life!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 09:17:04 am »

It was so far behind the rest of us, we'd already checked out all the other bikes by the time he pulled in.

Ha!,  snicker...  

All teasing aside..

It's 'all' good...  Bigok

"I actually felt G-Forces in my face fat" - Streetbike Tommy
ZED

Reputation 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 09:51:52 am »

like bears to honey  Lol

But then it would be a Ducati  Bigsmile

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal