Poll
Question: Are you interested in going to Arkansas for the 2012 national meet?  (Voting closed: October 26, 2011, 11:49:08 PM)
Yes - 8 (80%)
No - 2 (20%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Arkansas 2012 National Meet  (Read 1298 times)

MacGyver
MUST WIN TRACKDAY!!!

Reputation 37

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: Ducati ST4
Miles Typed: 1344

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:49:08 PM »

Gauging interest in going back to Arkansas.

"All I want to do is ride somewhere and watch the shadows climb..."
sprocket
aka "fjrrider"

Reputation 9

Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR 1300, 07 Honda CRF450X, 05 CR250R, 03 CRF450R, 01 KTM 250 EXC, Honda 1975 MT 125 Elsinore (work in progress)
GPS: Texarkana, Texas
Miles Typed: 413

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 02:54:19 PM »

Was there a negative issue the last time it was in Arkansas? Or just probing to see what location would attract the most riders?

My 02 is that Arkansas has features you cant find anywhere else....
Miles of consistently twisty roads and rural. Yes WV, NC etc... have some better roads and lots more of them, but the reduced speed limits, high traffic volumes and a town/community ever few miles takes a bit away. ( I still go whenever I can cause its still worth the time)

If your looking for turn out and the social aspect, Arkansas may not be the best choice. I've met and rode with a lot of guys and gals on this board over the years and gotten a few in trouble (sorry about that). My ideal of a great ST get together involves more hours and miles of twisty riding than most want to do.

I've also rode with just about every kind of sport group FZ1, CBR, Gixxers, ST's, Connies etc....all here in Arkansas, and typically (not everyone) from ST.N are much more on the social side of riding. Not a thing wrong with that, either!

So for me...if the goal of ST.N National is to have an "All Day" ride your but off! Arkansas cant be beat, and I for one would step up and help coordinate a few things.
If the ST.N National wants to be more of a get together to meet, greet, drink a few beers, ride a bit theres probably a better location that would attract more members.
UHOH

Reputation 13

Motorcycles: C-14 Sport-tour
GPS: Washington State - the dry, east side
Miles Typed: 1138

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 08:40:15 PM »

Well, none here.   Not that individual interest matters at all, but I can't see myself going that far east of Denver longitude for a gathering.

Why not alternate one yr in east  (Tenn / Penn - for lack of any better discussion guideline) and next yr west of Denver.

Whoever chooses the meet month should match to good local/travel weather ... [aren't that many people going to ride 'cross the plains in July for anything.  Period.]
$.02

rider1a
Your humble scribe

Reputation 0

GPS: Georgetown, Texas
Miles Typed: 32

My Photo Gallery

Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 02:49:48 PM »

Arkansas has many excellent roads that are well maintained. I think it is a great choice!

"If you love your motorcycle let it go, if it comes back to you...you high-sided"
M

Reputation 3

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Ninja 250, Ninja 650R
GPS: Broken Arrow, OK
Miles Typed: 164

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 12:11:20 PM »

I've ridden in AR for years. There are great roads/routes for flower sniffers and canyon carvers.

See this post about a 2008 event I hosted:
http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,67387.msg1560405.html#msg1560405

"In God we trust; all others are run through NCIC."

The Rally Oklahoma http://www.therally.us
ridingslow

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2008 C14
GPS: MOORE, OK
Miles Typed: 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 03:25:42 PM »

Arkansas for me please.  What month does this meet fall on?

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Frank Sinatra
ridingslow

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2008 C14
GPS: MOORE, OK
Miles Typed: 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 03:30:43 PM »

Also, im into socializing during the evening time but like to ride most of the day.  300mile routes are about my speed and I like to eat as much as possible.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Frank Sinatra
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal