Everything you need to know about the meet
is contained in this post. If you want a little inside information as to the various personalities
that will be attending this meet, you can continue through the remaining pages. Just know that doing so is at your own risk.
“Almost heaven…West Virginia…”
Join us amid the mountains of the Monongahela National Forest in the town of Boyer, Pocahontas County, West Virginia from Friday, May 4th through Sunday, May 6th for the “Country Roads” Region 6 Spring Meet. ST.Ners from other regions are most certainly welcome! Our home base will be Boyer Station Motel & Campground located on WV 28/92 six miles north of Green Bank. This location satisfies those who want to camp and those who prefer a motel. Either way, I think you’ll find the rates to be quite reasonable!http://www.boyerstation.com/Welcome/ACCOMMODATIONSMotel
– Boyer Station Motel offers “20 charming, comfortable units” with a private bath, TV, air conditioning, and electric heat. To get us started, we have 10 rooms blocked (5 singles and 5 doubles), but they'll certainly sell us more if we need them. The motel offers both single and double occupancy rooms and rates are as follows:
Single Rooms – $40.00/night plus tax for 1-2 people, 1 bed
Double Rooms – $52.00/night plus tax for 2 people, 2 beds
$55.00/night plus tax for 3 people, 2 beds
$60.00/night plus tax for 4 people, 2 beds
THE MOTEL IS SOLD OUT. - January 23, 2012Camping
– Boyer Station Campground “offers all the amenities any camper would expect” including hot showers with private dressing rooms and flush toilets. With a group in the campground, they charge per person.
$5 per person per night for camping. Yup, you read that right!Cancellation Policy
– Boyer Station has a 24-hour cancellation policy should the weather or personal circumstances necessitate a change in your plans. FOOD
Boyer Station has a restaurant onsite that is open for lunch and dinner. Hours are Friday 3 – 7:30 PM, Saturday 3 – 7:30 PM, and Sunday 11 AM – 6:30 PM.
Lunch Menu: http://www.boyerstation.com/Restaurant/Lunch_Menu
Dinner Menu: http://www.boyerstation.com/Restaurant/Dinner_Menu
Depending on your riding plans, you should be able to find breakfast in many of the surrounding towns, including The Gateway Restaurant 31 miles north of Boyer Station on WV 28. http://www.pendletoncounty.net/AKpages/page-gate.htmSOCIALIZING
Alcohol consumption is permitted at Boyer Station within reason (translation as long as it doesn’t turn into a frat party!). BYOB from home or make a stop on your way there. The nearest “general store” is Trent’s General Store 3.8 miles south of Boyer Station along WV 28 in Arbovale, WV. They carry groceries and beer.
The campground does have a pit for a group campfire in the evenings. They have firewood available for sale onsite for the group campfire.PETROL
The nearest gas station is just around the corner from Boyer Station, although the proprietor tells me there is talk of the station shutting down. The next nearest station is three miles away.ROUTESSO
not my forte…but! From personal (passenger) experience, there is no such thing as “bad riding” in this area. US 220, US 250, US 50, WV 28, WV 33, Smoke Hole Road, and the Highland Scenic Highway – they’re all INCREDIBLE! And those are just in the immediate vicinity. Folks so much better suited for route planning will certainly have ideas to share.NOTE ABOUT THE AREA
This area of West Virginia is part of the National Radio Quiet Zone - approximately 13,000 square miles of land that screens out most incoming radio signals, allowing the Green Bank telescopes to receive signals that are otherwise too low in power to be heard over the normal radio background in North America.
This means no cell service. There are plenty of pay phones in this area. If you think you'll need to touch base with someone back home during the length of your stay, you may want to invest in a pre-paid phone card. You might also want to explain this idea of a "quiet zone" to significant others, children, overbearing bosses, etc., so they don't "bitch a fit" (that one's for you, Bubbles) when they can't reach you. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Put in your vacation requests at work and at home!
2. Call 304-456-4667 to make your campground reservation*.
3. Talk it up with other ST.Ners and start plotting/planning your rides!From this point forward - Monday, January 23 at 10:38 AM - motel reservations cannot be accepted as we already have room requests in excess of inventory. Any changes to motel reservations should be done via e-mail to PM to me. Camping reservations are still available and are plentiful. Plan accordingly!* If there's no answer, fill out the "Contact Us" form on the website. Boyer Station is closed this time of year (January), so their response time may not be super fast. Relax...it'll be fine. See you there!!!ATTENDEESMOTEL (room type)
1. Cablebandit & MrsCablebandit (double)
2. Mr. Black (single)
3. R Doug & Garry (double)
4. SuperSlider & Mrs.Upright (single)
5. SuperHans (double)
6. kendenton (single)
7. cole & Kendoo (double)
8. JamminJere & Leisa (double)
9. NearlySeventy & gasgauge (double)
10. Skee (single)
11. maddjack (double)
12. the frenchman & Bella Francois (double)
13. Mrs. DantesDame & Bombauer (double)
14. Spanky (single)
15. CLAY & Meemuh (double)
16. st2sam (double)
17. scott189 (single)
18. tankhead & Suey (double)
19. mxvet57 (double)
20. Scratch33 (single)
21. SWRiverstone (double)
22. Max Wedge (single) 23. DkKnight (single)
24. Mastros2 (double)
25. Jeets (single)
26. BigBird (single)
27. FZMax (waiting list - first available)CAMPING
1. Mr. Black
4. steelerider 5. t.hershey92
7. 919 8. sleazy rider 9. ConPilot1
14. le frère française (Frenchie's brother)
17. ChrisZRX (that's right...I noticed!)
19. ReCycled +1
"IN" (staying in Cass Company Housing)
1. jimmy, shil, and Slides
2. Scratch33 & Co.
1. Moto Morphin Power Ranger
4. ConPilot1 (depending on which way the wind blows and/or if his tire blows out in spectacular fashion en route)