Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Ducati to Revamp US Showrooms  (Read 2718 times)

Rincewind

Reputation 122

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Miles Typed: 13680

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: January 24, 2012, 04:08:21 PM »

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2012/ducati-revamps-american-retail-identity

Ducati North America Branding

When Ducati North America's General Manager Dominique Cheraki walks towards me, the first thing noticed is his clean styling, as if he walked out of an Esquire magazine ad.

His shoes are polished, his charcoal suit pressed. This is expected of a man who spent years as a broker and eventual COO in financial institutions before arriving on the footsteps of Ducati France as a Managing Director back in 1998.

After some devoted work, Cheraki then became Managing Director for Ducati Western Europe, a segment he developed after merging the Scandinavia and Benelux markets together.

But this is simply history to Dominique, a French name that means "belonging to God." Now he's in New York City, representing Ducati at the Progressive International Motorcycle Show.

Before he sits down at a quaint round table near the coffee bar in Ducati's IMS display, he begins our short interview with a firm handshake, one that creates the character of a true man.

The handshake reveals not only the hard labor of a successful businessman, but also one of a man who takes necessary "passionate" risks on a motorcycle. And this is exactly why we were meeting at this location for a short chat.

The reason for the interview? Cheraki's here to explain Ducati's newest North American adventure - the restructuring of its corporate retail identity.

In few words, Cheraki makes the motive for this new identity clear - the mission of the task is to simply create an exciting shopping experience and display the core values of the Ducati brand.

Dominique Cheraki says: "With bikes like the Multistrada and Diavel, we have new customers coming to us from other brands, and we need to tell them in an easy way the core values of the Ducati brand.

"With the new retail identity, we're creating a seamless shopping experience. This arrives from a very clean design, with colors chosen to keep the product the star of the show."

But it's not going to cease at the showroom floor. The same Italian-like aura will be replicated in the service areas such as where the receptions work, where the apparel and accessories are sold, and even in the customer lounges.

Dominique Cheraki says: "Everything needs to be clean and clear, and very accessible for the customer to achieve an enjoyable experience. You buy a motorcycle because it's your passion, and we want to enhance that experience."

On the Thursday before the NYC International Motorcycle Show, the press was invited to the first North American dealership to implement this new retail identity - Ducati New York in Manhattan's West Side.

The décor at the New York Ducati shop is clean and crisp, with basic colors of white, black and gray to do exactly what Cheraki proposed - make the Ducati products the stars of the shopping experience.

But there will be more; Cheraki says around 70 percent of Ducati North American dealers will also implement such changes, with hopes of the transformations completed by summer.

This news of a revamped retail-identity structure at Ducati North America arrive after the Italian motorcycle marquee reports some throttle-twisting sales numbers.

How well did the company do? Ducati North America announced a 43-percent increase in motorcycle sales in 2011 over 2010, statistics that are very impressive amid a dire economy.

And although I only touched on a bit of Cheraki's personality and drive for the Ducati name, there was one more question besides all the corporate talk - the impact of Valentino Rossi on the brand.

Besides, who could possibly interview anyone in Ducati without mentioning the name Valentino Rossi? I made it short, asking about the nine-time world champion's direct impact on the Italian brand.

Cheraki spoke spontaneously, saying the man who will pilot the No. 46 GP12 in 2012 MotoGP brings "new emotions" to the Ducati name, something that would naturally occur when you have a true Italian riding a true Italian motorcycle.

With time dwindling down, the sharp-dressed Cheraki had one simple thing to say: "The 2011 MotoGP year was a struggle, but we all pray that 2012 is going to be a good year for Ducati in MotoGP. Will Rossi make it happen? We'll just have to wait and see."

Justin

Reputation 58

Years Contributed: '08
Motorcycles: 2008 Hayabusa - 2004 FJR
GPS: Sunny Colorado
Miles Typed: 6096

My Photo Gallery

Hi, I'm Phteven

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 04:29:44 PM »

They appear to really love the new showroom  Thumbsup

FAST: 2004 "Silver Bullet" FJR1300 - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
www.ledrider.com
SalsaShark

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: '12 Aprilia Tuono v4r
GPS: MD
Miles Typed: 351

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 05:27:11 PM »

They appear to really love the new showroom  Thumbsup

Nahh... they're just experiencing the joy of sitting around waiting for their bike to get out of the shop!
Rincewind

Reputation 122

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Miles Typed: 13680

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 06:37:58 PM »

Nahh... they're just experiencing the joy of sitting around waiting for their bike to get out of the shop!

Lol  Doh!  Well played.  I hope yours is fixed soon.
SalsaShark

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 06:57:36 PM »

Lol If it were summer, I'd be screaming my head off. But with the snow flying today, I'm experiencing comedic irritation.
Rogue
Menace to Society

Reputation 105

Motorcycles: Buell and Honda
Miles Typed: 6884

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 12:00:54 AM »

Salsa, you are doing it all wrong.

In order to enjoy Ducati ownership, you need to buy a Honda as a back up bike.  

couch

Rogue
SalsaShark

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 12:15:56 AM »

Salsa, you are doing it all wrong.

In order to enjoy Ducati ownership, you need to buy a Honda as a back up bike.  

couch

Actually, I'm keeping an eye out for an xr650 or dr650...

Time to get dirty.
jsanford
Salmon is the new red

Reputation 14

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '04 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 '07 BMW F800ST '08 Ducati Monster 695
Miles Typed: 1495

My Photo Gallery

Every day is Ride to Work Day

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »

What new image?  Looks like Ducati Seattle if it were in a shopping mall.

I wish Ducati was as much about long hours of riding as it is about fashion.  I'm sure the Ducati canine purse is next.

'07 BMW F800ST '08  Monster 695   '04 Moto Gu
Mr Sunshine

Reputation -14

Years Contributed: '06, '09
GPS: Redmond, Wa
Miles Typed: 7535

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 11:53:30 AM »

What new image?  Looks like Ducati Seattle if it were in a shopping mall.

There is a reason for that.

As to long hours in the saddle for Ducati...my Multi does a good job.  So what if they don't advertise that...its not sexy.
greench440
Stay Thirsty My Friends

Reputation 12

Motorcycles: 05 FJR, 91 ZX-11 - SOLD!
GPS: Covington WA
Miles Typed: 3319

My Photo Gallery

What we have here is failure to communicate

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 12:08:40 PM »

All this talk about brand and fashion, Duc is more interested in selling bikes to hipsters rather than riders.  Which is OK, I guess, if you goal is to have your bikes parked in front of fashionable places instead of out on the road.

Mr. Sunshine and fashion, that's two words that definitely do not go together.   Bigsmile

ATGATT - All the Garbage all the time
Flyer
Just put me back up on the bike.

Reputation 25

Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi Tre Volumetrica "Lampo Bianco", Kona NuNu "The Slug", Colnago C50 "La Spada di Cambiago", Kona Jake the Snake.
GPS: "O Canada, We Stand On Cars and Freeze"
Miles Typed: 6782

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 01:39:03 PM »

All this talk about brand and fashion, Duc is more interested in selling bikes to hipsters rather than riders.

Hey, it worked for Hardley-Abelson.
As long as Ducati focus on "performance above all" and don't start selling electric scooters, the hipstericus doofii will stay away.

“Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it".   Flannery O'Connor.
Mr Sunshine

Reputation -14

Years Contributed: '06, '09
GPS: Redmond, Wa
Miles Typed: 7535

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 12:56:28 AM »

Mr. Sunshine and fashion, that's two words that definitely do not go together.   Bigsmile

bunking the stereo type every chance I get!  Lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal