Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Just joined the ranks  (Read 7474 times)

st2sam

Reputation 120

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: '93 Ducati 907ie '09 Kawasaki C14 abs
GPS: N.E. PA. aboard a flying workhorse!
Miles Typed: 1510

My Photo Gallery

Certified sport-TOURING wacko.......

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 06:30:10 PM »

Man that has to be one of the sexiest bitches out there. I love the way her jugs show through the sweater. Congrats on the purchase - If I could afford a bitch, I'd have one  Lol

Embarassment   Justin I'm so ashamed of you. Bigsmile

All kidding aside Bubba, best of luck with her..
Oh, and I'll be expecting a ride report (with pictures) next riding season.  Thumbsup

Change is good, but only for a while..
Kawasaki makes the best "sport-TOURING" motorcycle, until I buy something else.......
bubba zanetti
2008 Moto Guzzi Norge 2003 DRZ400S

Reputation 57

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
GPS: Kootenays British Columbia above the US eh ...eh?
Miles Typed: 5643

My Photo Gallery

Easy. I know what I'm doing… kinda ...

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 07:02:07 PM »

What is very cool is that my first ride will be through the Rockies. Depending on weather, I can choose Banff to Kootenay National Park or head south through Kananaskis and the Crows Nest Pass. What a lovely way to get to know a bike!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thunderbox

Reputation -59

Motorcycles: 2008 Moto Guzzi Norge
GPS: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Miles Typed: 1098

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 08:28:13 AM »

What is very cool is that my first ride will be through the Rockies. Depending on weather, I can choose Banff to Kootenay National Park or head south through Kananaskis and the Crows Nest Pass. What a lovely way to get to know a bike!

I wish I could join you but you peoploe get spring much sooner than us Saskatchewan folk.

Relatively few riders are lucky enough to discover that there is a lot more to a lifetime of motorcycling enjoyment than just going fast. Those who do... become "motorcyclists".  The re
sagerat
Ural Tourist; BMW R1200GS Adventure

Reputation 10

GPS: Central Orygun
Miles Typed: 5612

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2012, 10:03:40 PM »

My Breva 1100 was happiest at 5K RPM on a road that followed a winding rivers.  You'll never tire of the exhaust note of a Guzzi.   Drool

The poster formerly known as VFRfan

Money can buy motorcycles, which means money can buy happiness
bubba zanetti

Reputation 57

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2012, 07:26:03 PM »

I have about 1000km on my Norge now and I must say I really like it ! I put some lower pegs on and it the best riding position I have experienced. I really like the motor and as other's have mentioned it is happiest between 5000 and 6500 RPM ...

Impressive miles per gallon, great range and an interesting combination of technology and classic bike.

The forks need work and so far the rear is surprisingly good. We will see when I load it up, which I suspect will reveal its shortcomings. But if the bike continues to impress I will resist the urge to buy an aftermarket pipe and focus on the suspension. Penske Shock  and a Matris fork kit should do nicely. But the bike handles transitions well and steering is light for a fairly large bike.

Bigok

Oxman

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: 09 guzzi norge / 01 guzzi Jackal / 13 Ktm Duke 690
Miles Typed: 118

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »

I have about 1000km on my Norge now and I must say I really like it ! I put some lower pegs on and it the best riding position I have experienced. I really like the motor and as other's have mentioned it is happiest between 5000 and 6500 RPM ...

Impressive miles per gallon, great range and an interesting combination of technology and classic bike.

The forks need work and so far the rear is surprisingly good. We will see when I load it up, which I suspect will reveal its shortcomings. But if the bike continues to impress I will resist the urge to buy an aftermarket pipe and focus on the suspension. Penske Shock  and a Matris fork kit should do nicely. But the bike handles transitions well and steering is light for a fairly large bike.

Hey Bubba , did you get that bike out of Canmore ?
bubba zanetti

Reputation 57

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2012, 04:50:18 PM »

Hey Bubba , did you get that bike out of Canmore ?

Yes I did. Don't tell me. The seller is a well know psychopath and the bike has a time delay fused device, that will go off at 14,002.6 km ?  I knew it !!  Never trust an Albertan, especially those ones who live in the mountains. It just ain't natural I tells ya !!!!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:48:41 PM by bubba zanetti » Logged

Oxman

Reputation 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2012, 10:23:24 PM »

Yes I did. Don't tell me. The seller is a well know psychopath and the bike has a time delay fused device, that will go off at 14,002.6 km ?  I knew it !!  Never trust an Albertan, especially those ones who live in the mountains. It just ain't natural I tells ya !!!!!

Hey now .... some of us albertans are okay .....lol    I was looking at the same bike on kijji but ended up with a new one instead ..
maybe see ya on the road sometime .

Ox
bubba zanetti

Reputation 57

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2012, 10:47:40 PM »

Do introduce yourself Oxman, in the Canada section. You will find many of us who. like you .. have come over to the Guzzi. Also take note of the Borscht Burn ride, where you and your Guzzi will find a home away from home ... or so I am told.  Lol

Oxman

Reputation 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 09:41:28 AM »

Do introduce yourself Oxman, in the Canada section. You will find many of us who. like you .. have come over to the Guzzi. Also take note of the Borscht Burn ride, where you and your Guzzi will find a home away from home ... or so I am told.  Lol

I will intro myself on the Canada section and this will be my third guzzi to date .....got the Guzzi bug a long time ago  Bigsmile  and do tell more about this Broscht burn run ?
bubba zanetti

Reputation 57

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2012, 04:39:05 PM »

Pulled the evaporative emissions stuff off the Norge today. Re routing the breathers and plugging some hose. What a difference. Before, the idle seemed to hunt and be all over the place. Sometimes at a light it would be idling at 2000 RPM. Now, it just sits at 1100 RPM and the bike actually feels a bit snappier and the throttle modulation, especially at slow speed, is much improved. As a hidden bonus, I now have an ice big space to put my tools, tire pump and patch kit under the seat. Vast improvement !

Idles and sounds like a Guzzi should ... yeah !
 Bigok

atadaskew

Reputation 155

Motorcycles: A Vethpa and thome other thcooter
GPS: Venice Beach, California.
Miles Typed: 11824

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2012, 05:53:16 PM »

Nice

I'm getting my canisterectomy done as we speak.  Todd from guzzitech is doing the initial service, and will also do this.

I'm looking forward to smoother fueling under 4K rpms!  I'm sure with the TPS setting and throttle body syncing that he is doing (which my selling dealership did not do... ) it will be much better when I get my sticky paws back on it.

I'm hip about time, I just gotta go.
bubba zanetti

Reputation 57

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2012, 06:24:31 PM »

WJust did a fast ride up one the local mountain pass' and it felt great. Definitely crisper and better decel on trailing throttle as well. No popping just good Guzzi music.

Next I need to part with an extra low, gel seat i got with the bike and they get the Guzzitech fork kit and as funds permit, a Penske shock. Yep I am really enjoying this Norge. Smile

Orson
speshulize in havin' fun

Reputation 79

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '00 Aprilia Mille, '02 Moto Guzzi Le Mans, '04 Triumph Thruxton
GPS: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Miles Typed: 13961

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 02:37:24 AM »

Now yer startin' to sound a bit rabid  Bigsmile

I wuz thinkin' yer intitial posts seemed rather muted  Lol

bubba zanetti

Reputation 57

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2012, 10:56:04 AM »

Perceptive of you.  I was having a bit of regret with the fueling issues. Did not think it would be such a simple fix and was beginning to lament my decision to go Guzzi over Triumph. But after playing with the suspension and the fueling fix, I am very happy. It feels taught and responsive. I took the bags off yesterday and really let er rip and it surprised me how capable it is. The PR3's just rail and give excellent feedback too. I am also surprised that it looks like a sport bike with the bags off. Small like. They really nailed the styling on the Norge. It just plain works from any angle.

So yeah, I am stoked on this bike! Banana Chili  To celebrate. I am headed to Hell's Canyon for a couple of days to play.  Bigok

Cobalt
Jim Thorpe's valet

Reputation 161

Motorcycles: It's 20 years old.
Miles Typed: 2937

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2012, 11:03:34 AM »

This is with the low seat, which is too low for me so prolly have to sell it. It also has the stock seat and I have no idea how day long worthy the stock seats are.

They're not. Go aftermarket.

"Chris is correct." -- bomber
Hambonee

Reputation 37

Motorcycles: 2013 BMW GS 1200
GPS: Kenmore, WA
Miles Typed: 443

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2012, 01:43:10 PM »

Pulled the evaporative emissions stuff off the Norge today. Re routing the breathers and plugging some hose. What a difference. Before, the idle seemed to hunt and be all over the place. Sometimes at a light it would be idling at 2000 RPM. Now, it just sits at 1100 RPM and the bike actually feels a bit snappier and the throttle modulation, especially at slow speed, is much improved. As a hidden bonus, I now have an ice big space to put my tools, tire pump and patch kit under the seat. Vast improvement !

Idles and sounds like a Guzzi should ... yeah !
 Bigok

Does it really make that big of a difference? I have thought long and hard about doing that but was not sure how much real gain I would realize...If it would solve some of the herky jerky at low rpms that owuld be nice. I just figured it was either me or shaft drive as this is my first non chain bike. Crazy

Also need to buy the lower pegs...that should sort out the bit of cramping I have with the bike. Moto international down the road has em for about $180.

I went to the psychiatrist, and he says "You're crazy " I tell him I want a second opinion. He says, "Okay, you're ugly too!" (Rodney Dangerfield)
bubba zanetti

Reputation 57

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2012, 02:06:37 PM »

Does it really make that big of a difference? I have thought long and hard about doing that but was not sure how much real gain I would realize...If it would solve some of the herky jerky at low rpms that owuld be nice. I just figured it was either me or shaft drive as this is my first non chain bike. Crazy

Also need to buy the lower pegs...that should sort out the bit of cramping I have with the bike. Moto international down the road has em for about $180.

For my bike the difference is near remarkable. Not all suffer the same level of issues from the cannister and hoses. Apparently, the hose material is not up to the rigors of fuel vapour and can leak. I suspect my canister was plugged as well. When I opened my fuel cap there was a very pronounced suction - now gone. The biggest problem on my Norge was the idle. It barely dropped below 15-1600 and when I stopped at a light would go up and down and a few times settled at 2000 RPM. The low speed herky jerky, especially below 3000 in first gear, was also annoying. Now all gone. The bike starts, hits about 1400 rpm and then within a minute is back down to 1100 or 1200 max. Same at stop lights.

I followed the steps in reply #2 of this thread  ...   http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=50598.0  Took me about 25 mins. I did need a new vacuum line T and two hose clamps. The existing hose clamps do not look reusable to me. I capped the lines off the FI and scrapped everything else. I then used a dremel to rid all the plastic that was holding the canister and created the nice underseat storage I now have.  It fired right up and I was happy ! Lol

As for the footpegs. I got a set off MFW footpegs as I have long legs. They are a big improvement and you can get different lengths to suit your need.  It is all just about perfect for me.  I got them off a generous ST.n inmate but you can buy and see them here ...

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/763/

Not sure what they sell at MI but if they were close I would snap em up.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 02:40:00 PM by bubba zanetti » Logged

Hambonee

Reputation 37

Motorcycles: 2013 BMW GS 1200
GPS: Kenmore, WA
Miles Typed: 443

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2012, 04:19:29 PM »

For my bike the difference is near remarkable. Not all suffer the same level of issues from the canister and hoses. Apparently, the hose material is not up to the rigors of fuel vapour and can leak. I suspect my canister was plugged as well. When I opened my fuel cap there was a very pronounced suction - now gone. The biggest problem on my Norge was the idle. It barely dropped below 15-1600 and when I stopped at a light would go up and down and a few times settled at 2000 RPM. The low speed herky jerky, especially below 3000 in first gear, was also annoying. Now all gone. The bike starts, hits about 1400 rpm and then within a minute is back down to 1100 or 1200 max. Same at stop lights.

I followed the steps in reply #2 of this thread  ...   http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=50598.0  Took me about 25 mins. I did need a new vacuum line T and two hose clamps. The existing hose clamps do not look reusable to me. I capped the lines off the FI and scrapped everything else. I then used a dremel to rid all the plastic that was holding the canister and created the nice underseat storage I now have.  It fired right up and I was happy ! Lol

Did you have any issue when you lowered the pegs with it interfearing with the sidestand? That seems to be the 1 issue with the MI set. At their lowest setting they bump the sidestand. Any pics ya have of the pegs would be awesome too!  Wink

As for the footpegs. I got a set off MFW footpegs as I have long legs. They are a big improvement and you can get different lengths to suit your need.  It is all just about perfect for me.  I got them off a generous ST.n inmate but you can buy and see them here ...

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/763/

Not sure what they sell at MI but if they were close I would snap em up.

I went to the psychiatrist, and he says "You're crazy " I tell him I want a second opinion. He says, "Okay, you're ugly too!" (Rodney Dangerfield)
bubba zanetti

Reputation 57

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »

The footpegs I have rotate in 360 degrees and so you can adjust them to just clear the side stand. If they only just dropped down, you would conflict with the side stand.

What would you like a pic of specifically and I will see if my photographer will comply .... ?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:14:00 PM by bubba zanetti » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal