Print

Topic: AGV helmets?  (Read 2138 times)

fishhuntride

Reputation 0

Miles Typed: 85

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2012, 09:50:02 pm »

I'm looking for a new helmet to replace my well worn Arai.  Due to the cost of new Arai, I plan to look at other brands (Bell Star for example).  A local dealership is adding AGV helmets to their offerings in the next month or so.  I've not seen them but from what I was told and read online, they may be a better value and offer similar or better features for significantly less money.

The AGV Grid is the specific model I'm interested in.  Anyone have this, the T2 which it replaces or the similar top-end GP-Tech model that Rossi?
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Justin

Reputation 58

Years Contributed: '08
Motorcycles: 2008 Hayabusa - 2004 FJR
GPS: Sunny Colorado
Miles Typed: 6110

My Photo Gallery

Hi, I'm Phteven

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 01:48:39 pm »

I've been using an KBC VR-1 ff for a bit and am happy with it.

What ever happened to KBC? I had one years ago I really liked. I believe it was called the Wolf. Mean looking helmet with low sound levels.

FAST: 2004 "Silver Bullet" FJR1300 - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
www.ledrider.com
JReazor

Reputation 27

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: 2000 SV650, 2011 Sprint GT, 2007 C3
GPS: Drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
Miles Typed: 3319

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 03:56:12 pm »

FWIW: The Indy Dealer show is this weekend. Bell and HJC are both supposed to be making big announcements on Friday. Might be worth waiting to see what happens.
Advertisement

Gpz900

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Gpz900, Superduke 990
Miles Typed: 9

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 05:06:15 pm »

I have an AGV GP Tech Five Continents Rossi replica. I love the helmet. It fits my head very well and was less expensive then the top of the line Shoei and Arai helmets. Also, it doesn't hurt that I'm a big Rossi fan...  I also have an AGV Blade open face helmet for around town cruising. I find myself wearing that helmet a lot on hot days. Overall I've had a lot of luck with the AGV brand.
fishhuntride

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 06:51:03 pm »

FWIW: The Indy Dealer show is this weekend. Bell and HJC are both supposed to be making big announcements on Friday. Might be worth waiting to see what happens.

Will be interesting to see if anything new comes out.  If you hear anything, post it here if you would please.
X1Glider
Soil Sampler

Reputation 9

Motorcycles: 2013 Christini 450E - 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - 2000 HD FXDX - 1999 Buell X1
GPS: Tomball, TX
Miles Typed: 534

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 07:55:38 pm »

AGV Grid not listed on the SHARP website.  T2 below it and GP5 above it rate at 5 stars each.  Could lead one to assume the Grid fares equally well.  Shouldn't assume anything but it beats a complete guess as there is no other resources that we can use.

2013 Christini 450E - 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - 2000 HD FXDX - 1999 Buell X1
atadaskew

Reputation 155

Motorcycles: A Vethpa and thome other thcooter
GPS: Venice Beach, California.
Miles Typed: 11826

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 08:43:25 pm »

I also have an AGV Blade open face helmet for around town cruising.

The problem with that is the majority of accidents happen around town.

I'm hip about time, I just gotta go.
Gpz900

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Gpz900, Superduke 990
Miles Typed: 9

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 09:32:12 pm »

I bet the majority of accidents happen on motorcycles too...
fishhuntride

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 06:55:28 pm »

AGV Grid not listed on the SHARP website.  T2 below it and GP5 above it rate at 5 stars each.  Could lead one to assume the Grid fares equally well.  Shouldn't assume anything but it beats a complete guess as there is no other resources that we can use.

From what I was told the Grid is replacing the T2 (probably why it hasn't yet been SHARP tested) and shares many of the features of the GP-Tech.  But at the $450-$500 range.  If it fits my head, that would seem to be very good bang for the buck.
fishhuntride

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 07:46:16 pm »

I got to see the new AGV helmets and was impressed with the paint, light weight, shape, liner quality and shield operation.  It will be a matter of fit now.  They hadn't received the entire order and as such, didn't have a Grid in size XL which I want to try.  The size L may work but was a little tight on around my ears.  I may just need a different size check pad or liner.  Anyway, they are definitely worth a look.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal