Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Visited a H-D Dealership  (Read 16706 times)

Cricket1

Reputation 30

Years Contributed: '08, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '03 Triumph Sprint ST
GPS: Ohio
Miles Typed: 738

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2012, 12:35:42 PM »

they pretty much go together as the profits won't continue without the rest Wink

Oh come Black Hills, don't you know?  Companies are supposed to be in business to treat employees well, help the environment, heal the sick, tend to the poor, etc.  What is this profit you speak of??  Must be some evil rich guy sceme to screw all the hard working folks.  :pokestick:

How's that Hope and Change doin' for ya?
black hills

Reputation 58

GPS: Rapid City, SD
Miles Typed: 5769

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2012, 01:55:07 PM »

Oh come Black Hills, don't you know?  Companies are supposed to be in business to treat employees well, help the environment, heal the sick, tend to the poor, etc.  What is this profit you speak of??  Must be some evil rich guy sceme to screw all the hard working folks.  :pokestick:

what was I thinking Rolleyes

'04 CBR1000rr '09KTM300exc '11 990Adventure R
the above opinion is simply that of an average middle aged hick with one too many brain injuries... or, don't take it too serious.
Kootenanny
"Not That Good"

Reputation 33

Years Contributed: '09
Miles Typed: 4627

My Photo Gallery

Buellshit!

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2012, 06:50:18 PM »

So, you're happy that so many jobs are "outsourced" to Asia just so the shareholders (who've done nothing but purchase stock in the company) can make a profit?

I have nothing against profit (I run my own business), but I do disagree with business practices which are designed to maximize profit at the expense of the people doing the actual work (although, I also realize that 12-year-olds in China need to make a living, too Rolleyes ).

E=MC2
Kootenanny
"Not That Good"

Reputation 33

Years Contributed: '09
Miles Typed: 4627

My Photo Gallery

Buellshit!

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2012, 02:55:06 PM »

Come up with a better system. Stock holders keep many companies afloat by buying in.

Well, a start would be to allow boards of directors to plan for long term viability rather than short term profit.  As it is now, many (most?) shareholders want the fastest ROI possible, and damn the long term consequences.  This attitude can influence decisions such as plant locations (for example, moving operations to a foreign country with cheap labour).

E=MC2
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal