Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Need Advice On Manager Relations In Corporate Environment  (Read 5360 times)

ConPilot1
Seven Pupils In My Eye

Reputation -1645

Miles Typed: leet

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 03:37:39 am »

Rouge

Honestly I think you have the numbers on your side. Corporate politico office shit can get dicey I know. But when it comes down to dollars and doughnuts, if enough credible people back you up on an opinion about a situation I don't think that can be discounted by any of the powers that be.

I think your situation will quiet down there without a big nuclear explosion. sometimes people just need to be confronted with their own bullshit, I call it the Dead Fish Theory.
Slap them in the head like a big dead fish and maybe they didn't even realize how they were acting all these years.

It'll all work out in the end. Maybe she'll realize the err of her ways and thank you for it and you guys get all freindly and shit, go out for a social drink after work to talk about it, get drunk and BHITAWTF.  Chili

halloween over.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

pcrdude

Reputation 6

Motorcycles: 2007 FJR1300A
Miles Typed: 1300

My Photo Gallery

Always look both ways!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 09:11:19 am »

As for the other people that I'd witnessed the bad treatment of, I learned that HR is rarely your friend in a large corporation.  2 specific people come to mind where HR simply sided with the managers because it is in their best political interest when dealing with bosses at a particular level.  It didn't matter that there were laws protecting these employees from a hostile work environment.  And they were being treated very badly.  Yelling, screaming, degrading them all in front of the whole department.  All these 2 ever did was ask for clarification of what he wanted or simply wanted to do things right.  They took pride in their work.  HR decided to just fire them rather than document the complaints.  No documentation, it never happened.  The bigshot company lawyers were given a heads up and advised HR to enter "insubordination" and "refusal to show up to work" in their files.  Couldn't even get unemployment insurance and took a while to find new jobs.  The company covered it's ass and totally screwed them over.

Wurd.

Don't ask me how I know Wink

You are just jealous because the FJR is a better ST than your XX/Sprint/VFR.
Scratch33

Reputation 15

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, 2x'10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '08 R1200GSA, '09 DD750, '07 F800S, '10 Madass 125
GPS: That Other Place
Miles Typed: 12394

My Photo Gallery

His Excellency's Car!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2012, 09:17:30 am »

I'm optimistic that this is what our Dir will do.

Yes, our intention is not to get anyone terminated or get some kind of settlement.  We just want it to stop by changing someone's behavior.

IMO it's more likely that if management does act on the complaint(s) they'll just reassign the problem manager somewhere else in the corporation.  Or even reassign the employee, if that's the easier solution.

All Your Forum Are Belong to VS
Advertisement

bomber

Reputation 30

Years Contributed: '10
GPS: Sea of Joy
Miles Typed: 17355

My Photo Gallery

Based on actual events

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2012, 09:44:24 am »

Prayer wheels on high-speed automatic for you guys .  . . ..

Beautiful day, happy to be here
-- Jane Catherine Lotter
"Bomber is correct" -- Carbonero
UFO

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2012, 11:30:39 am »

People get angry when confronted with their own incompetence and generally do not like to be called on the carpet for anything.

couch
Scratch33

Reputation 15

My Photo Gallery

His Excellency's Car!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2012, 12:02:38 pm »

couch

Lol

black hills

Reputation 58

GPS: Rapid City, SD
Miles Typed: 5769

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2012, 02:07:52 pm »

documentation, documentation, documentation.......... Wink

'04 CBR1000rr '09KTM300exc '11 990Adventure R
the above opinion is simply that of an average middle aged hick with one too many brain injuries... or, don't take it too serious.
viffergyrl

Reputation 32

Motorcycles: 99 Honda VFR 800 2001 Ducati ST4
GPS: 1 hour northwest of LA-LA Land....
Miles Typed: 1301

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 10:34:21 am »

Any updates to report?

Don't argue with an idiot; people might not be able to tell the difference - Anonymous

1999 Honda VFR 800 (the Vixen) 2001 Ducati ST4 (Stanley)
Rogue
Menace to Society

Reputation 108

Motorcycles: Buell and Honda
Miles Typed: 6884

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2012, 11:44:36 pm »

Yes.  Three weeks after speaking to the Director.

Result:  Very Positive.   Thumbsup  Thumbsup

My trust in our Director paid off.  After describing the situation regarding our Manager with our Director, as well as forwarding comments made by other Mgrs. outside the Corporate Office to our Director, he was extremely concerned and immediately wanted to rectify the situation.  He was especially concerned with the anger management issues with our Mgr.  Our Director asked us why we waited so long to speak up.  We told him the truth:  we are not tattle-tails and just tend to suck it up and do our job.  

So our Director gave us two choices:  1)  Go directly to HR and have it documented and the behavior is guaranteed to stop immediately.  2)  The Director can work directly with the problem Manager to correct the behavior.  Option #1 was the fastest but also the most painful.  We chose the subtle approach #2 and our Director was happy we went with that.  

After that little meeting, within 48 hours we immediately noticed a big improvement in our Mgr's behavior.  After two weeks, our Director set up a 2nd meeting to give him an update on our "findings".  We told him we were very happy.  Our Director then told us not to allow it to revert back to the old way.  If problems happen, immediately let him know so it can be corrected immediately.  YES!   Thumbsup

The Director told us that the standards of Ethical Behavior for our Corporation was very high and the example is set by our CEO, CFO, and VP of Finance.  He loves working for them and expect everyone under him to behave accordingly.  No harassment of any kind is allowed.  Everyone is expected to behave with courtesy and professionalism.  Period.  Now that's what I'm talking about!  

Rogue
viffergyrl

Reputation 32

Motorcycles: 99 Honda VFR 800 2001 Ducati ST4
GPS: 1 hour northwest of LA-LA Land....
Miles Typed: 1301

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2012, 12:06:06 am »

Wow - that's good to hear! They gotta walk the walk.  Thumbsup

Keep them honest.

Don't argue with an idiot; people might not be able to tell the difference - Anonymous

1999 Honda VFR 800 (the Vixen) 2001 Ducati ST4 (Stanley)
misanthropist

Reputation 41

Motorcycles: '07 Guzzi Griso; '95 gsxr 750, fightered
Miles Typed: 573

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 02:04:45 am »

I've seen my share of bad bosses but only had 1 myself...a female sexual harrasser.  Normally a 22 year old single male wouldn't have issue with this but she was simply vile.  She made my life miserable for turning her down.  She was a bull dyke man hater to the core but she had no problem with bullying the other drafters and intimidating them into putting out.

Now that the OP's situation has been resolved, in pretty much the ideal way, I am going to indulge my hijack tendencies a little here.

Do you look extremely feminine, or was she the most inept bull dyke on the planet?

I have never met a bull dyke that made any particular demands for sex...from men.  Did you all wear a lot of androgynous clothing at work or how did she get confused on this?

yeah, THE misanthropist...now featuring grey hair, a mortgage, and a wife

PMATG, NATT
Scratch33

Reputation 15

My Photo Gallery

His Excellency's Car!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2012, 06:24:00 am »

Lol

county
The thrill of speed, the image of danger

Reputation -630

Motorcycles: Blackbird & F650CS
GPS: Memphis, TN
Miles Typed: 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2012, 08:54:25 am »

Did you all wear a lot of androgynous clothing at work or how did she get confused on this?

Lol

Iron Butt Identification No. 22810.  BB1500   Bullet Bike rider
My dog can poo !
Papa Lazarou

Reputation 61

Years Contributed: '09
GPS: Sussex
Miles Typed: 9253

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2012, 10:47:58 am »

Result:  Very Positive.   Thumbsup  Thumbsup

Thumbsup

The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead
bomber

Reputation 30

Years Contributed: '10
GPS: Sea of Joy
Miles Typed: 17355

My Photo Gallery

Based on actual events

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2012, 05:16:46 pm »

Great news, Rogue -- much better than I would have expected (and faster, as well) . . .. . you have a great asset in your director!

Beautiful day, happy to be here
-- Jane Catherine Lotter
"Bomber is correct" -- Carbonero
pcrdude

Reputation 6

Motorcycles: 2007 FJR1300A
Miles Typed: 1300

My Photo Gallery

Always look both ways!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2012, 04:27:58 pm »

Sorry for the thread resurrection.

I witnessed a boss calling a subordinate an asshole the other day.

Any ideas?

You are just jealous because the FJR is a better ST than your XX/Sprint/VFR.
Rogue
Menace to Society

Reputation 108

Motorcycles: Buell and Honda
Miles Typed: 6884

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2012, 04:31:20 pm »

My situation did not reach that level.

That needs to go to HR.

Rogue
stew71

Reputation 13

Motorcycles: 2007 Triumph Tiger
GPS: Sacramento, CA
Miles Typed: 1514

My Photo Gallery

Words simply cannot express how much I don't care.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2012, 04:34:22 pm »

My situation did not reach that level.

That needs to go to HR.

Absolutely. That sort of behavior is a one-way ticket to the principal's office. No question.

A hamster wheel looks like a career ladder from the inside.
The police never think it's as funny as you do.
black hills

Reputation 58

GPS: Rapid City, SD
Miles Typed: 5769

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2012, 05:13:56 pm »

Sorry for the thread resurrection.

I witnessed a boss calling a subordinate an asshole the other day.

Any ideas?

depends on thier relationship Wink.  one of my foreman calls me an asshole about everyday, I make some smart ass remark and we have a laugh. if someone was to witness this I suppose it would look bad Rolleyes

'04 CBR1000rr '09KTM300exc '11 990Adventure R
the above opinion is simply that of an average middle aged hick with one too many brain injuries... or, don't take it too serious.
misanthropist

Reputation 41

Motorcycles: '07 Guzzi Griso; '95 gsxr 750, fightered
Miles Typed: 573

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2012, 06:39:44 pm »

I have vague memories of working in environments where supervisors calling employees assholes would have been unaccepted behaviour, but man...that was years ago.

The last time I actually went in to the office at my work, one of the higher-ups was demanding to know why someone else was such a "whining crybaby of a retard".

I am not saying it's okay...but I have to admit that I'm surprised it would get much of a reaction.

At my previous job, I actually had a superintendent throw his hardhat at me in a rage because I was taking too long to explain my ideas for how we could safely move a train car off a bridge with a crane...it was complicated and I didn't want my guys getting damaged.  But it did take more than a minute to get through the instructions, and the Q&A by the guys.

So the super started screaming, and when I motioned for him to wait, he threw his hardhat at me.  But they are hard to aim and the wind caught it and blew it off down the bridge anyway.

On the other hand, I have already given notice at my current job, and I definitely did not respect that super.  So it's not like I think that kind of behaviour is a good idea.

yeah, THE misanthropist...now featuring grey hair, a mortgage, and a wife

PMATG, NATT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal