Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Sold and shipped: waterproof 3XL gloves: Joe Rocket & Cortech by Tour Master  (Read 593 times)

flip

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 2007 Moto Guzzi 1100 Breva
GPS: Cherryville, NC
Miles Typed: 155

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: March 15, 2012, 11:47:55 PM »

Let me start off by saying that I can never find motorcycle gloves that fit me right. I have very large hands and long fingers. In the past 10 years or so, I have only found 2 models of gloves that fit me, neither of which are waterproof so I keep trying. Few local dealers stock many 3XL gloves so I order online and then resale them when they don't fit.  Crazy

A few weeks ago I ordered a new pair of Joe Rocket Sub Zero gloves. These are black and are size 3XL. I tried them on and of course, they don't fit me.

Here is the description borrowed from Joe Rocket's site:

Wind & waterproof shell
Waterproof Dry Tech® midliner
100g. Thinsulate® insulation
Slip resistant palm
Padded knuckles
Finger gussets for flexibility

I recently found a pair of gloves that I bought a few years ago. I tried them on a 30 minute ride and I never wore them again.
They are Cortech GX WP Air gloves. They are black and are size 3XL. Here is a decription of them that I borrowed from a web site:

•Cortech's exclusive Armor-Link mesh top panels and forschettes for extreme ventilation
•A waterproof/breathable barrier allows the glove to ventilate while maintaining waterproof properties
•Soft and durable, Japanese drum-dyed leather palm with Aramid stitching and padded palm patch
•Fingers and palm are pre-curved to match the shape of handlebar grips
•Velcro flap and and elastic wrist closures
•TPR molded graphics

I'm selling both pairs of gloves together as a package deal for $36 shipped ---These are sold in the USA. I will accept Paypal or a USPS money order.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4595/iphonephotosmarch152012.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4595/iphonephotosmarch152012.jpg

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 05:21:24 PM by flip » Logged
veefer800canuck
Nicky Hayden stole my childhood!

Reputation 148

Years Contributed: '10
GPS: Whitecourt, Alberta, Canada, EH?
Miles Typed: 6549

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 12:15:14 AM »

Holy crap, those are some mitts!

Formerly Known as Bigfoot

Reputation 19

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Yamaha RSV
GPS: Northern, Va
Miles Typed: 2817

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 01:57:43 AM »

I know what you go through.  I wear XXXL gloves also and can rarely find them.  Motorcycle boots?  Forget it, never have found a pair that fits me.  
ConPilot1
Seven Pupils In My Eye

Reputation -1645

Miles Typed: 1336

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 04:05:46 AM »

Well, now you cop bitches know why I always preferred a single-stack .45. Small hands. I love being able to find larges available on deals. Gloves is probably one of the hardest- to-fit items that we use in our god-forsaken heathen activities.

halloween over.
vwtom

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: '08 C14
GPS: Iowa City, IA
Miles Typed: 59

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 07:53:31 AM »

I'm selling both pairs of gloves together as a package deal for $36 shipped in the USA. I will accept Paypal or a USPS money order.

I'm take them - PM me with the paypal email address.

If you are interested in sharing a ride report - I am working on creating a motorcycle trip podcast.  PM me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal