Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: New guy in Raleigh, NC area  (Read 907 times)

bflanary

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: BMW K1600GTL
Miles Typed: 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: March 16, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »

Hi All -

I have been lurking a while and just joined. Looking at the region 6 May ride up in WV. Just wanted to see how many are in the Raleigh, NC area...I am in Holly Springs, NC just south of Raleigh. I am 42 and have been riding ~25 years, ride just about every day year round weather permitting.

I ride a BMW K1600GTL and also have a HD SE Ultra...not sure if I can bring myself to sell it Smile...but it has been sitting for about 5 months now since the BMW.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi.

Regards,

Brad
cultureslayer

Reputation 9

Years Contributed: '08, '09
Motorcycles: '89 ex250
GPS: NC USA
Miles Typed: 5798

My Photo Gallery

furry ninja

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 12:32:29 AM »

I'm in Cary.  I've got a red and white ninja 250 and the boy has a BMW 1150.  Most of my miles lately have been for tutoring, but I try to take the fun way when I can.  This summer I'm definitely going to take more weekend trips.

Lauren
CafeTBird
Limey Lovin' Member

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 1996 Triumph T-Bird Cafe Racer, 1975 Moto Guzzi 850T, 1973 Triumph TR7RV, 1968 Bridgestone 350 GTR
GPS: Holly Springs, NC
Miles Typed: 498

My Photo Gallery

Bound for the Playground...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 03:48:33 PM »

Hey Brad:

I am in Holly Springs also, in the "land between the lakes" off Sunset Lake Rd..  Collect Triumphs and weird old bikes.  I have yound kids, so the rides are limited, have to plan them out pretty far out.  Spend most of my time wrenching cafe bikes and commuting, and getting together to swap lies with other local riders...

Give me a holler some time.  We are putting together some local gatherings in April

Scot Dail, IBA #31533
http://www.dothetontriangle.com
"A thoroughbred Cafe Racer will ride all night through a fog storm in freeway traffic to put himself into wha
bflanary

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 05:25:40 PM »

I'm in Cary.  I've got a red and white ninja 250 and the boy has a BMW 1150.  Most of my miles lately have been for tutoring, but I try to take the fun way when I can.  This summer I'm definitely going to take more weekend trips.

Hi Lauren - I hear you, I commute daily to RTP as well...but I do get several good weekend rides in a year as well.
bflanary

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 06:55:39 PM »

Hey Brad:

I am in Holly Springs also, in the "land between the lakes" off Sunset Lake Rd..  Collect Triumphs and weird old bikes.  I have yound kids, so the rides are limited, have to plan them out pretty far out.  Spend most of my time wrenching cafe bikes and commuting, and getting together to swap lies with other local riders...

Give me a holler some time.  We are putting together some local gatherings in April

Hi Scot - Love the look of some of the cafe bikes. I am over off of Avent Ferry towards the lake. Let me know when there are get togethers.

xRHINOx

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 2005 Honda (VFR) Interceptor
GPS: Raleigh, NC
Miles Typed: 9

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 09:51:09 PM »

I am currently planning on riding up to WVA for the meet up.  If you end up going let me know and we can try and work out the logistics if you want to ride up.  Live in Garner near White Oak.  Wont be around this weekend but typically up for some riding on the weekends.

Keith

'05 Honda VFR
CafeTBird
Limey Lovin' Member

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 1996 Triumph T-Bird Cafe Racer, 1975 Moto Guzzi 850T, 1973 Triumph TR7RV, 1968 Bridgestone 350 GTR
GPS: Holly Springs, NC
Miles Typed: 498

My Photo Gallery

Bound for the Playground...

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 12:27:15 AM »

Hi Scot - Love the look of some of the cafe bikes. I am over off of Avent Ferry towards the lake. Let me know when there are get togethers.

We have a group of cafe builders that gets together monthly in the Raleigh area.  We meet on 4th Mondays, and there is a discussion on the topic over here:

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?board=60.0

There is some pretty cool stuff in the area!  Also, we are helping to sponsor Raleigh EuroBike event April 14th over at Seaboard Station.  Good place for a donut run, if nothing else!

Scot Dail, IBA #31533
http://www.dothetontriangle.com
"A thoroughbred Cafe Racer will ride all night through a fog storm in freeway traffic to put himself into wha
bflanary

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 03:00:33 PM »

I am currently planning on riding up to WVA for the meet up.  If you end up going let me know and we can try and work out the logistics if you want to ride up.  Live in Garner near White Oak.  Wont be around this weekend but typically up for some riding on the weekends.

Keith

Hi Keith - I saw your post over on meetup, that is in May 4-6th, I am not sure i can make that one, I am however up for a ride most weekends for a few hours. My email address is
bflanary@gmail.com if you want to meet up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal