Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Best place to buy gloves  (Read 12399 times)

JonS

Reputation 9

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, 2x'09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: 2004 Multistrada 1000DS 2014 Triumph Street Triple R
GPS: On the western slope
Miles Typed: 4718

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2012, 06:46:10 am »

New enough just posted 2 pairs of gauntlet style gloves at decent prices. Look like pretty good gloves:

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/browse/best_deals?utm_source=AGV+%2439+Glove+Sale%3B+Tour+Master+GX+Air+%2412+-+%2417&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_medium=email

Monza and sp7..maybe worth a look.

THis week I saw an article in either Motorcyclist or Sport rider comparing gloves and the AGV Monza came in highest. Ya can't best $39.00 either.http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/gloves/agv_sport/monza_motorcycle_gloves.html
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 06:47:06 am by JonS » Logged

"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self-awareness". - Annie Savoy

“Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore?
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

jsanford
Devil Duck Monster

Reputation 14

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '04 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 '08 Ducati Monster 695
Miles Typed: 1509

My Photo Gallery

Every day is Ride to Work Day

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2012, 04:33:44 pm »

Looked at the Lee Parks, although I'm sure the deerskin is good, and the quality is good, I'm looking for something that's more race oriented. Plus they're ugly. Smile

Touratech and Revzilla both carry the new Klim gloves.  Tried some on recently, and they're VERY comfortable and have reinforcements in all the right places.  I like Revits, but wear through them every two years or so.

'08  Monster 695   '04 Moto Guzzi Breva
jsanford
Devil Duck Monster

Reputation 14

Motorcycles: '04 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 '08 Ducati Monster 695
Miles Typed: 1509

My Photo Gallery

Every day is Ride to Work Day

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2012, 04:42:40 pm »

I've decided that I want to try this kangaroo palm fad, but am feeling leery about Held due to various reports on the interwebs about their lack of customer support and hit-or-miss quality. Who else makes gloves with kangaroo palms?

BMW, Olympia, Racer (which I just discovered is available in the US again) all make 'roo waterproof gloves.  I haven't tried Olympia, but my BMWs and Racers are 4-5 years old and still going strong.

'08  Monster 695   '04 Moto Guzzi Breva
Advertisement

Joey Stalin
sick of pictures of gas stations

Reputation 15

GPS: nOvA
Miles Typed: 2125

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2012, 12:51:12 am »

BMW, Olympia, Racer (which I just discovered is available in the US again) all make 'roo waterproof gloves.  I haven't tried Olympia, but my BMWs and Racers are 4-5 years old and still going strong.

I've never heard of this Racer brand, although I'm open to new things. The name sounds like something a second rate Chinese company without a good grasp of English would name their product, though...

Joseph "Joey" Stalin
BMW R1100RT-P
Kawasaki KLR650
TBone
Not an Asshat

Reputation 28

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09
Motorcycles: Bikeless in NJ
GPS: Pequannock, N.J.
Miles Typed: 3447

My Photo Gallery

There is no you, there is only me

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2012, 09:25:56 am »

Icon's "Overlord", Velocity Gear "Formula", and Rev'It "Jerez"  gloves are made from kangaroo leather, if you're still in the market. I don't know details about venting, waterproofing, or whatever.

* Information on kangaroo content based on Motorcyclist Magazine product reviews *

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're so hard to verify." - Abraham Lincoln
ConPilot1
Seven Pupils In My Eye

Reputation -1645

Miles Typed: leet

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2012, 01:59:00 pm »

OK.

UPS man brought me a box today from Marietta Motorsports, who were very helpful in answering questions and sharing their opinions about these gloves. There's a couple guys down there who
use them and the guy I spoke with said everybody loves them. These guys were painless, efficient, and very nice to deal with.

I sprung for a pair of the Kobe Race Pro gloves as they looked to be an excellent bargain and a very beefy glove for the price point. Thanks to the STN'R drDietThunder who pointed these out.
This looks like a lot of glove for the money, without a doubt.

Out of the box, they are very comfortable and I cannot feel anything about the fit or features that seems weird or not right. I wear somewhere in between a medium and a large, so glove sizing is a crapshoot
with me. The mediums in this glove are perfect. The leather is thick, yet nice and soft, and they are heavily padded.

We'll see how they hold up. Every opinion I've read with the exception of one has been positive. If I get three full seasons on them, that seems to be the benchmark for gloves I've owned sofar.
If these take a crap after a year or so I'll probably try to dig up another pair of Teknic Violators or something, but I just had to give these a try.

Free shipping too. $99 bucks to my door.  Thumbsup

sorry about the crappy cell pics, but here they are.

Just another quick observation: These seem to be a good fit option for those of you with shorter fingers, like I have. If my fingers were any longer they'd be jammed up inside against the end of the glove fingertips.
I'm sure these will stretch out a bit and conform to my hands with a big of use.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:42:27 pm by ConPilot1 » Logged

halloween over.
squeezer
Squirrelly Geezer

Reputation 83

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: 16 Tiger XR(x)
GPS: The OC
Miles Typed: 5553

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2012, 02:37:05 pm »

Nice looking gloves.   Thumbsup

Dang. I missed Ed's birthday again.
IBA, AMA, AARP
garry
Bleeds Orange...

Reputation 95

Years Contributed: '08, '09
Motorcycles: KTM 1190 Adventure / KTM 530 EXC
GPS: Southwestern PA
Miles Typed: 6036

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2012, 02:51:41 pm »

I just ordered a pair of the AGV Monza gloves for MotorcycleGear/NewEnough. At $39 a pair, I can always keep them as back-ups if I don't love them.

2015 KTM 1190 Adventure
2009 KTM 530 EXC
Joey Stalin

Reputation 15

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2012, 09:58:20 pm »

OK.

I should just go ahead and pick these up, just to have. I want some well protected, kangaroo palm gloves for daily duty, but these Kobes get great reviews for protection level, and for a hundred smackers, why not? But I still haven't found the right 'roo glove.

One video on youtube said that the Kobe's had a strange alignment of the velcro strap, it basically came right across the bottom of the thumb, looked very uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:10:53 pm by Joey Stalin » Logged

Joseph "Joey" Stalin
BMW R1100RT-P
Kawasaki KLR650
ConPilot1
Seven Pupils In My Eye

Reputation -1645

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2012, 03:36:42 am »

I should just go ahead and pick these up, just to have. I want some well protected, kangaroo palm gloves for daily duty, but these Kobes get great reviews for protection level, and for a hundred smackers, why not? But I still haven't found the right 'roo glove.

One video on youtube said that the Kobe's had a strange alignment of the velcro strap, it basically came right across the bottom of the thumb, looked very uncomfortable.

The strap ain't an issue. I didn't see a problem with that.  However, they don't fit me right. In the office, they were awesome. On the bike, there was one niggle I didn't like in the index finger and it's a deal breaker for me. They're yours for $85 bucks. 15 miles on them, worn once, LOL. Other than that, they're a pretty awesome pair of gloves. I will be putting them up for sale if my reputation permits.  Lol Lol

halloween over.
Joey Stalin

Reputation 15

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2012, 07:30:25 am »

The strap ain't an issue. I didn't see a problem with that.  However, they don't fit me right. In the office, they were awesome. On the bike, there was one niggle I didn't like in the index finger and it's a deal breaker for me. They're yours for $85 bucks. 15 miles on them, worn once, LOL. Other than that, they're a pretty awesome pair of gloves. I will be putting them up for sale if my reputation permits.  Lol Lol

Can't you return them?

Joseph "Joey" Stalin
BMW R1100RT-P
Kawasaki KLR650
ConPilot1
Seven Pupils In My Eye

Reputation -1645

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2012, 01:18:41 pm »

I doubt it. Prolly easier to just resell them.

halloween over.
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 85

Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15423

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2012, 03:08:54 pm »

I've decided that I want to try this kangaroo palm fad, but am feeling leery about Held due to various reports on the interwebs about their lack of customer support and hit-or-miss quality.

I'll vouch for Held. I have a pair of cold weather waterproof gloves that I still love and wear all winter since buying them about 10 years ago. I bought a pair of mesh Held gloves that ended up having a weird seam in the fingers. I thought that it would break in, but when it didn't, I contacted Held directly. They ended up taking the gloves back and refunding my money, no hassle  Thumbsup

I'll be buying Held again  Inlove

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
bubba zanetti
2009 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 16 Dr650.

Reputation 69

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
GPS: Kootenays British Columbia above the US eh ...eh?
Miles Typed: 6819

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2012, 03:13:52 pm »

I'll be buying Held again  Inlove

I love my Held Steve's. They just feel so right too.  Thumbsup  
Papa Lazarou

Reputation 61

GPS: Sussex
Miles Typed: 9253

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2012, 03:14:35 pm »

I vouch for Rukka.

The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead
squeezer
Squirrelly Geezer

Reputation 83

Motorcycles: 16 Tiger XR(x)
GPS: The OC
Miles Typed: 5553

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2012, 04:46:58 pm »

I vouch for Rukka.

Rukka stuff is really hard to find over here.

Dang. I missed Ed's birthday again.
IBA, AMA, AARP
Papa Lazarou

Reputation 61

GPS: Sussex
Miles Typed: 9253

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2012, 06:49:07 am »

Shame. It is brilliant and will last for a much longer than anything else.

The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead
Indefatigable

Reputation 56

Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
GPS: Southern New Jersey
Miles Typed: 642

My Photo Gallery

Molly 2004-2015

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2012, 07:04:37 am »

AGV Sport Laguna Gloves got a good write up in Motorcyclist Magazine (I think) this month.  Not bad for $100.   Thumbsup

New Jersey Sucks

When a man says he will fix something, then he will fix it.  There’s no need to keep reminding him every six months.
blueridgerider
Kerygmist

Reputation 12

Years Contributed: '08
Motorcycles: 2007 R1200GS - Just the one now
GPS: Beech Mountain, North Carolina
Miles Typed: 1640

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2012, 03:24:31 pm »

I'm in need of some regular gauntlet style gloves. The local stores have a fairly poor selection, but I'm leery about sizing when buying online. How/where do you guys buy your gloves?

It's an old thread, but I'll put my two cents in anyway.  I hate buying gloves because they are one of those products I generally have a hard time finding what I want in fit and comfort.

I have long thin fingers and a wide palm.  

I have had great success with motorcyclegear.com (the old newenough.com) as they have an easy return policy.  I use that policy sparingly but boots (I also have narrow feet) and gloves are two items with which I have issues.  

They have been easy to deal with for me to get the right fit even when the first choice was not it.  I pretty much buy all my gear from them.  

en arch hn o logos
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal