Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: THE ATTITUDE TEST  (Read 8878 times)

county
The thrill of speed, the image of danger

Reputation -630

Motorcycles: Blackbird & F650CS
GPS: Memphis, TN
Miles Typed: 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 05:27:37 pm »

Yeah, few years ago I get pulled over and the cop let me go after telling me he had been stopping people all morning and I was the first one who did not give him shit.....

Fucking cops... Bigsmile

Iron Butt Identification No. 22810.  BB1500   Bullet Bike rider
My dog can poo !
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Royal Tiger

Reputation -205

Motorcycles: See signature
GPS: Lehigh Valley, PA
Miles Typed: 614

My Photo Gallery

Deutsche Rüstungs-Abteilung

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 06:55:33 pm »

Yeah, few years ago I get pulled over and the cop let me go after telling me he had been stopping people all morning and I was the first one who did not give him shit.....

Fucking cops... Bigsmile

Your award winning personality dazzled him.  Lol

2013 Yamaha XT250 * 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 * 2007 BMW G650X XChallenge * 2005 BMW R1200ST * 2003 Yamaha PW80
Hardware
Fridge Magnet Repairman

Reputation -24

Motorcycles: '07 R1200RT (His); '08 F650GS (Hers)
GPS: Running with the Bulls...around the Bay
Miles Typed: 3741

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:21 pm »

Huh, I've been pulled over twice on my bike and let off with warnings both times.  Clearly I have an awesome attitude and am a delicate flower of reasonableness.  Bigok Inlove

Naw...they're just askeard of 'ya!   Lol

"These instructions are at our present level of
knowledge. Legal requirements do not exist.
Technical issues subject to change."
Advertisement

klavdy

Reputation -9

Motorcycles: 2003 Aprilia Tuono,(kept in America) 1993 YamahaFJ1200, kept in Australia,2007 Triumph Tiger 1050, kept in Australia,Kawasaki GTR 1400, Australia,2006 Yamaha AG200, kept in Papua New Guinea
GPS: AUSTRALIA
Miles Typed: 86

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 09:04:03 pm »

Until you have ridden or driven in Australia and seen first hand the sheer contempt and hatred that the Hwy Patrol exhibit towards the ordinary motorist, you really cannot say that  "Some people enjoy playing the part of the victim." or that people should "quit doing shit that attracts the attention of the police."

Police in Australia do not need a reason to pull you over.
None.
Nor do they need a valid reason to search you or your vehicle.

They do harass motorcyclists, they do try intimidating tactics, they do target ordinary, law abiding citizens for no other reason than riding a motorcycle.

Riders lane split, drivers don't.
DRam

Reputation 10

GPS: Central Montana
Miles Typed: 940

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 09:15:19 pm »

Wonderful Australia...

Nope.  Montana, USA
Royal Tiger

Reputation -205

Motorcycles: See signature
GPS: Lehigh Valley, PA
Miles Typed: 614

My Photo Gallery

Deutsche Rüstungs-Abteilung

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 09:23:49 pm »

None.

When discussing similar issues with British residents, it was pointed out that's the difference in being a subject as opposed to a citizen.  I'm not versed enough in Australian politics to know how much similarity you retain to your former masters.  Americans fought hard to protect and establish our rights and to have a government & police system that understands and respects this (most of the time).  When they took away your right to self protection and outlawed firearms "for your own good", what did you think was going to happen?  Be wary of any government that disarms it's citizenry.  Nothing ever good came of that if you know history.  It sounds like you (Australians) need to start making a stand and forcing some change in your government.  No one will do it for you.  The alternatives are to just take it, or move.  People that continually bitch about how much America sucks need to look around and realized how lucky they were to be born here.

2013 Yamaha XT250 * 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 * 2007 BMW G650X XChallenge * 2005 BMW R1200ST * 2003 Yamaha PW80
FJR1300

Reputation 33

Years Contributed: '07, '08
Motorcycles: 2012 Honda CBR250
GPS: Jefferson City, MO
Miles Typed: 4614

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 10:04:18 pm »

I am surprised you don't have any ignores.   Headscratch

Tango59

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 08 Bandit 1250
Miles Typed: 66

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 10:14:58 pm »

Sure there's an attitude test. It's called "Officer Discretion"
Here's the answers...
1. Treat me like shit..... get a ticket !!!
2. Don't treat me like shit..... don't get a ticket !!!
Mr.Black

Reputation 153

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '08 GSF1250
GPS: 01543
Miles Typed: 18512

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 10:21:26 pm »

Bullshit.

Tickets equal revenue. The ticket is coming regardless unless you know someone or totally kiss the officers ass.

Sig lines used to be fun.
AzItLies

Reputation -72

Miles Typed: 191

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 10:27:39 pm »

Bullshit.

Tickets equal revenue. The ticket is coming regardless unless you know someone or totally kiss the officers ass.

+ about a million there!

u can be cordial, polite, etc etc...

they need money? yer the cash ass cow brotha!
misanthropist

Reputation 41

Motorcycles: '07 Guzzi Griso; '95 gsxr 750, fightered
Miles Typed: 573

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 11:10:33 pm »

When ever I get pulled over, I offer to blow the officer.

If that doesn't work, take a different tack and offer the officer some blow.

What I am getting from these articles is an either-or thing.

EITHER Australian cops have an attitude that would not be acceptable here, OR this author is a royal jerkoff.  I can't tell which is the case.  Maybe it is an either-or-and situation.

And speaking of royalty, I doubt this has much to do with their status as a constitutional monarchy.  This kind of behaviour would not go over well in Canada at all, and we are also a constitutional monarchy, with the same head of state, settled about the same amount of time ago, and forming an independent state at roughly the same time.

And I believe their republican movement is more vocal than ours.

At any rate, as I said in the last thread generated by one of his articles, I rarely get pulled over (approximately twice per decade) and have had one ticket, which I believe was not submitted as I was not able to pay it when I tried.

I am 100% sure I'm not a particularly great human being and I have never seen myself as the type to grovel.  Everyone I know would absolutely describe me as the most "alpha male" person in our entire social circle.  But I have never had a problem with police officers, ever, in any first world country.  I have always been polite, and have always been treated politely.  With the possible exception of one guy in Tatum, New Mexico, who was ostensibly polite but impressively threatening in a very subtle way.  I believe he was intentionally messing with my head for fun, though, and while I was looking for a way to get out of town ASAP, I did conclude at the same time that he was not going to do anything that I would describe as "wrong".

But man, he was pretty intimidating.  I had a good, long, nervous laugh about it...once in the next state.  But he did not ticket me, and he booked me a hotel room, which was probably helpful as it was 3 am in Tatum and without his help I doubt I could have gotten a room anywhere.

yeah, THE misanthropist...now featuring grey hair, a mortgage, and a wife

PMATG, NATT
Cheddarhead
Today, we wonder of yesterday...and worry about tomorrow...

Reputation 22

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Motorcycles: '68 CL 350, '81 CB 750 Custom, '03 ST1300, '03 BMW F650 GS
Miles Typed: 3228

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 09:27:36 am »

Bullshit.

As in all things, your mileage may vary.

Also known as the "Masshole paradigm".... Lol
stew71

Reputation 13

Motorcycles: 2007 Triumph Tiger
GPS: Sacramento, CA
Miles Typed: 1514

My Photo Gallery

Words simply cannot express how much I don't care.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 11:41:30 pm »

I mean, another way of looking at this "problem" is to quit doing shit that attracts the attention of the police. Shrug

Winner winner chicken dinner.

A hamster wheel looks like a career ladder from the inside.
The police never think it's as funny as you do.
klavdy

Reputation -9

Motorcycles: 2003 Aprilia Tuono,(kept in America) 1993 YamahaFJ1200, kept in Australia,2007 Triumph Tiger 1050, kept in Australia,Kawasaki GTR 1400, Australia,2006 Yamaha AG200, kept in Papua New Guinea

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 04:45:31 am »

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Once again, you do not have to be doing anything unlawful for the various Australian Hwy Patrols to harass you.
Here's a reply to the original article from another Australian lister,,,

Quote from: Peter S
Point Lonsdale, Australia

It's ironic the article mentions the Snowy Mountains Highway. I accompanied about thirty members of the Ducati Club of Victoria on a three day ride through the high country a couple of weeks ago. About twenty of us stopped and regrouped in one of the towns leading up into the hills. As we were riding out (slowly) a cop stepped out and waved all of us in to a random breath test station on the side of the road. There were about five cops who tested us and we all showed no alcohol.
There was an older senior officer and the others all looked like young recruits. When the testing finished we could see the senior guy was pissed because he didn't catch anybody so he told the other cops to roadworthy all the bikes! One young cop questioned him on it and was told to obey orders!
They checked tyres and obvious things and then the senior guy says book all the bikes with open clutch covers and tail tidies! So about half of us were issued with defect notices for things that had nothing to do with rider safety! Only then did the old prick smile!
Does he realise how difficult he is making it for all the fair-minded cops who follow him?

Papa Lazarou

Reputation 61

Years Contributed: '09
GPS: Sussex
Miles Typed: 9253

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 06:26:21 am »

Pipes I get. What exactly are a "rego holder" and a "tail tidy"?

Registration plate/ number plate mount.

A replacement for the existing rear lights, which the owner thinks looks better than the stock one.

The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead
klavdy

Reputation -9

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2012, 02:50:45 am »

I am surprised you don't have any ignores.   Headscratch

Why do so many cops take any criticism of any police force anywhere as a personal attack?
Even though you are a police officer, it's surprising that you couldn't comprehend the original post.
It  comments on AUSTRALIAN Hwy Patrol attitudes.
Very real,inexcusable attitudes.

scottzilla

Reputation -56

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: CBR1100XX, 33hp oversized dirt bike, 08 Tuono
GPS: NY
Miles Typed: 8809

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2012, 08:59:55 am »

Until you have ridden or driven in Australia and seen first hand the sheer contempt and hatred that the Hwy Patrol exhibit towards the ordinary motorist, you really cannot say that  "Some people enjoy playing the part of the victim." or that people should "quit doing shit that attracts the attention of the police."

None.

They do harass motorcyclists, they do try intimidating tactics, they do target ordinary, law abiding citizens for no other reason than riding a motorcycle.

No, it's not just Australia.   Everything in the op is true, not sure why people here are acting like they don't see it.   Headscratch

They're finding dead bodies where I ride.

The Wrath of Con Pt. 4 "One thing is for sure however, I will never publicly promote or let it be known that I am a member of STN again".
scottzilla

Reputation -56

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2012, 09:03:25 am »

When discussing similar issues with British residents, it was pointed out that's the difference in being a subject as opposed to a citizen.  I'm not versed enough in Australian politics to know how much similarity you retain to your former masters.  Americans fought hard to protect and establish our rights and to have a government & police system that understands and respects this (most of the time).  When they took away your right to self protection and outlawed firearms "for your own good", what did you think was going to happen?  Be wary of any government that disarms it's citizenry.  Nothing ever good came of that if you know history.  It sounds like you (Australians) need to start making a stand and forcing some change in your government.  No one will do it for you.  The alternatives are to just take it, or move.  People that continually bitch about how much America sucks need to look around and realized how lucky they were to be born here.

Awesome post.  Lol  you really love living in this great country of smoke and mirrors, huh?    Lol
Here, the police have to lie, or at least fabricate a simple reason to search you and your vehicle and it's all legal and admissible in court.  Wink.
Stop being delusional, you sound silly.

The Wrath of Con Pt. 4 "One thing is for sure however, I will never publicly promote or let it be known that I am a member of STN again".
scottzilla

Reputation -56

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2012, 09:05:12 am »

Sure there's an attitude test. It's called "Officer Discretion"
Here's the answers...
1. Treat me like shit..... get a ticket !!!
2. Don't treat me like shit..... don't get a ticket !!!

Honestly, that's how it should be.  Shrug

Mr.G21

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 07 XR650L, 07 Ninja 650R
GPS: Birmingham, Alabama
Miles Typed: 40

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 11:40:36 am »

I am guessing the OP "failed" the Attitude Test.......... Bigok

Enjoying the adventure, one day at a time
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal