Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Join us Friday May 4 for International Female Ride Day  (Read 371 times)

missadventuring

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Royal Enfield Bullet, Moto Guzzi California Stone
Miles Typed: 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: April 04, 2012, 12:46:37 PM »

Join us Friday May 4 2012 San Francisco Women Participate in International Female Ride Day

Friday, May 4, 2012 is the 6th International Female Ride Day. The day's theme is “JUST RIDE!” and women motorcyclists everywhere have planned events, rides, and how they'll personally spend the day. Wherever San Francisco Bay Area Women are riding, they're gathering at the end of the day to meet and celebrate, and motorcycle-related industries are making it even more fun by providing prizes.

The SF Bay Area event will be held between 4pm and 7pm at the Moto Shop, a new 4000 square-foot do-it-yourself shop where you can work on your own motorcycle or scooter, or take a class and learn how to do it yourself. The shop was recently opened by Wilder and Aleksandra Grippo to offer the tools and resources to help riders fix and maintain their motorcycles. Moto Shop is located in the warehouse district at 325 South Maple Ave, #20 in South San Francisco.

Women from all over the San Francisco Bay Area are welcome to join in no matter what they ride (motorcycles, scooters, trikes, sidecars). Local businesses providing prizes are MAD Maps, BMW Motorcycles of San Francisco, SF Moto, Scuderia West, City Bike, Infineon Raceway, and more sponsors to come.

The event is organized by Joanne Donn, founder of GearChic, and Carla King, author of the Motorcycle Misadventures series of books and online dispatches from the road. Let us know how you want to participate.

International Female Ride Day was founded by Vicki Gray of MOTORESS in 2007 to bring awareness of the numbers of women who ride, to unify women in motorcycling, no matter what they ride, and to encourage other women to adopt the sport. Women from around the world participate in this globally-synchronized day, including women in Australia, Greece, Russia, India, Hungary, and beyond.

CONTACT:  Joanne Donn joanne@gearchic.com and Carla King carla@carlaking.com
RSVP: Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Female-Ride-Day-San-Francisco/283158275086622
bluepoof
supergirl powers of dewm and stuff.

Reputation 110

Years Contributed: '08, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '07 Ninja 250, '02 XT225, '08 CRF80F
GPS: San Carlos, CA
Miles Typed: 4218

My Photo Gallery

Blueberry Stiglet Coho MotoGuzziBatmanGilligan III

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 01:04:18 PM »

Hi Carla! *waves hello*

I'll ride in spirit. Bigsmile Bigok  I'll try to make it to the Moto Shop if baby is already born (any excuse for an excursion).

Hockey season starts April 18!  Riding season starts as soon as I get a babysitter. Any takers?
07 Kawasaki Ninja 250 * 02 Yamaha XT225 * 08 Honda CRF80F
www.bluepoof.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal