Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Etymotic Research great customer service  (Read 788 times)

Spanky

Reputation 34

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: Kawasaki C- 14
GPS: SEPA
Miles Typed: 697

My Photo Gallery

Dogs get it.

Ignore
« on: May 01, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »

I had a pair of ER6i's that I loved, but they finally went bad. I bought a new pair of MC5's to replace them about 3 months ago. Of course, a week before the region 6 Country Roads meet the MC5's started to act up. I called customer support and told them of my situation and how much I would love to have my earbuds for the upcoming trip. I learned two things: 1) Renee' at Etymotic rocks. She went above and beyond to help me with the very limited time I had before my trip. 2) Etymotic has a special purchase program for their products that are out of warranty. If you have a set of Etymotic earbuds go bad out of warranty, you can send them to Etymotic and get a greatly reduced price on a set to replace them - who knew? So my MC5's were replaced under warranty, no charge. I sent my ER6i's to trade in on a pair of HF5's for $89. The HF5's fit as nicely as the ER6i's did and sound awesome.

Just wanted to comment on the good customer service and let people know they have a special purchase program for out of warranty items that is worth looking into.

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.
expatbrit

Reputation 14

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '08 WR250X, '11 Mutleystrada S, ' 12 RC8R
GPS: 'Burque, NM
Miles Typed: 1235

My Photo Gallery

Not all who wander are lost. I probably am, though

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »

I had a pair of ER6i's that I loved, but they finally went bad. I bought a new pair of MC5's to replace them about 3 months ago. Of course, a week before the region 6 Country Roads meet the MC5's started to act up. I called customer support and told them of my situation and how much I would love to have my earbuds for the upcoming trip. I learned two things: 1) Renee' at Etymotic rocks. She went above and beyond to help me with the very limited time I had before my trip. 2) Etymotic has a special purchase program for their products that are out of warranty. If you have a set of Etymotic earbuds go bad out of warranty, you can send them to Etymotic and get a greatly reduced price on a set to replace them - who knew? So my MC5's were replaced under warranty, no charge. I sent my ER6i's to trade in on a pair of HF5's for $89. The HF5's fit as nicely as the ER6i's did and sound awesome.

Just wanted to comment on the good customer service and let people know they have a special purchase program for out of warranty items that is worth looking into.

Nice!

My ER6is just died; one driver is apparently out (and I've replaced the filter).

How well do the HF5s fit under a helmet? They look HUGE
Spanky

Reputation 34

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: Kawasaki C- 14
GPS: SEPA
Miles Typed: 697

My Photo Gallery

Dogs get it.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 06:16:18 PM »

I thought they looked big too in the pictures, but they fit in the ear just as nicely as the er6i's did and are about the same size, no problem in the helmet. I think they sound even better - but they should since they cost more.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:21:44 PM by Spanky » Logged

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.
MK96xj
What if the "Hokey Pokey" is What its all about?

Reputation 15

Years Contributed: '08
GPS: Asheville NC
Miles Typed: 2860

My Photo Gallery

Ducati MTS 620

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 08:06:47 PM »

I just picked up a set of MC5's to replace my ER4is and the MC5's fit better. IMO

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal