Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: How can I convert headphones to bluetooth?  (Read 1174 times)

sfalexi

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 2010 ST1300
GPS: Columbia, SC
Miles Typed: 498

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: May 03, 2012, 11:13:49 PM »

I'm wondering if anyone has or knows of some sort of bluetooth adapter thing that you can plug a set of headphones into to receive bluetooth transmissions (from smartphone, ipod touch, that sort of thing.)

I work out a lot and don't like the wires floppin' around while I'm trying to lift weights, do pullups, run, etc. etc.  I run it through my shirt, but that becomes a pain too.  I figure some sort of small and light(weight-wise) bluetooth converter/adapter can let me shorten the cord, and have that strapped to my arm instead of having a smartphone strapped to the arm, or my ipad (I use my ipad to log my workouts, upgrading from trusty pencil and paper very recently)

Alexi
ray916mn

Reputation 6

Motorcycles: GSX-R750RG LTD, 916, 999R, 1199S Tri, RS-250, WR426F, Z1000SX, ZX7R M2
GPS: Orono, MN
Miles Typed: 364

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:32:39 AM »

Sony Ericsson MW600 bluetooth adapter. Consolidates and prioritizes 2 bluetooth streams and has a built in FM radio.

zer0netgain

Reputation -252

Motorcycles: '99 CBR1100XX
GPS: VA/TN
Miles Typed: 6193

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 07:46:31 AM »

Sony Ericsson MW600 bluetooth adapter. Consolidates and prioritizes 2 bluetooth streams and has a built in FM radio.

+1

Zaphod did not want to tangle with them and, deciding that just as discretion was the better part of valor, so was cowardice the better part of discretion, he valiantly hid himself in a closet.
Rincewind

Reputation 122

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: BMW F700GS
GPS: SEPA
Miles Typed: 13697

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 12:57:57 PM »

Why not just get bluetooth headphones and get rid of the wires completely?   Headscratch
sfalexi

Reputation 2

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 04:31:46 PM »

Why not just get bluetooth headphones and get rid of the wires completely?   Headscratch
I hear ya, and it was a top choice, but I like to run, and I like to work out.  What I don't like is the wind noise while running and the choice of music stations in the gym (I can only listen to so much of the same top 40 song day in and day out and not want to vomit).  So I wanted headphones that blocked out as much noise as possible and were comfortable/stayed in while running.  Finally found a set that seems to do all of this VERY well, and I want to keep them.

Alexi

Thanks for the sony ericsson recommendation.  I'll be checking it out.
HipGnosis
It's Hip to Gno

Reputation 10

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: Yam XVS950, Ninja 650
GPS: SE Wisc
Miles Typed: 4786

My Photo Gallery

Mercenary doppleganger scout

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 05:04:32 PM »

I got an ARWH1 for listening to the GPS on the bike via my ER6-i earbuds;

Acoustic Research ARWH1 Stereo Bluetooth Headset
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00195HS28

It's called a 'headset' for some reason, but it's really JUST a (stero) bluetooth reciever.

Battery life isn't good enough to use on more than a 1 day trip, but I'm happy with it.
It pairs with my cellphone and the GPS at the same time too.

“There's a time for daring and there's a time for caution, and a wise man understands which is called for.” - Robin Williams as John Keating in 'Dead Poets Society'
sfalexi

Reputation 2

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 11:28:11 PM »

Looks like mw600 will fit the bill perfectly.  Thanks much! Now just need to gather the nerve to cut into and shorten the headphone cables a bit.   Crazy

Alexi
caasland

Reputation 4

Motorcycles: 2006 FJR1300, 2001 SV650
GPS: Curvy part of Minnesota
Miles Typed: 178

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 11:51:28 AM »

I hear ya, and it was a top choice, but I like to run, and I like to work out.  What I don't like is the wind noise while running

I've been through this dilemma too. What I have realized is that working out with earphones which act as earplugs enhance the occlusion effect, i.e. every step I results in sound transmitted to my ears. I decided occasional windnoise to be better.

In end I settled and have used for years the Plantronic Backbeat 901's.
zer0netgain

Reputation -252

Motorcycles: '99 CBR1100XX
GPS: VA/TN
Miles Typed: 6193

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 09:29:06 PM »

Those are only good if you want to wear headphones.

I went with the Sony as a BT option for riding and my Zumo 660.

The ability to use ANY headphone jack item on it was a key feature I wanted.

Zaphod did not want to tangle with them and, deciding that just as discretion was the better part of valor, so was cowardice the better part of discretion, he valiantly hid himself in a closet.
CanSwiss

Reputation 1

GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 58

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 02:14:11 AM »

Jabra BT3030 is a BT adapter (comes with in ear buds but you can plug in your own headphones instead).

Multi-point Connection (2 devices such as phone and ipod at the same time)
Built in Mic
Has a belt clip (removeable) and a chain to hang around your neck.
Black or White models
Control Media Player volume and fwd bck.

Works well for me when I am out walking or on the bicycle.

http://www.jabra.com/Products/Bluetooth/JABRA_STREET2/Jabra_STREET2

also check out the clipper for simple BT music: http://www.jabra.com/Products/Bluetooth/JABRA_CLIPPER/Jabra_CLIPPER
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal