Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Who's in for the New England Motomarathon, 6/7-10?  (Read 663 times)

timanderson

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14
GPS: New London, CT
Miles Typed: 16

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: May 22, 2012, 07:59:57 PM »

I'm signed up for this event, looks like a good time - lots of great roads!  Smile  I think this will be a fun challenge with a small group.  Anyone else planning to participate?  We could get a STN Team together!  I know one VFR Lister who is riding, but all the COG folks are off to the COG National that week. Anyone here interested? Let me know!

Here's the link:

http://www.motomarathon.com/events.html

Tim
Scottybones

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 02 Kawasaki ZZR1200
Miles Typed: 55

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 10:32:38 PM »

That looks like it would be a ton of fun.  I would have to wait and see what the weather is like since I don't like venturing out into wet weather.  An STN group would would be awesome and hopefuly some more people show some interest.
timanderson

Reputation 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 08:28:56 PM »

Well, I'm getting packed up and ready to go, should be a lot of fun and a little challenging...  Don't understand why there was no interest in this from the STN community - seems like a perfect fit!

Hope to have a report next week...

Tim
scrape

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 2011 BMW K1300S
GPS: Silver Spring, MD
Miles Typed: 92

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 10:39:23 AM »

Tim - How did this go?  

I have been thinking of participating in this MM event for the past couple of years but time and circumstances have been conspiring against me so far.  Outside of the weather, what dd you think of the riding and routes?  Are GPS files provided at each days route unveiling?  Did  you find it to be essentially a tour with a smidge of competiviness or are the participants mostly concerned about point accumulation and times?  I was going to ride them for primarly sightseeing, known good routes, and an excuse to explore riding areas outside of my normal realm on a mini-vacation (yes I want to do the national MM ride set ultimatly provided I can buy and tow the bike to the start points of CO and CA maybe next year)

Anyways this is not about me, so getting back to the topic, I was curious of what your experiences were with this event?
Thanks!
Dave
timanderson

Reputation 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 07:19:43 PM »

Dave,

I just posted a report as a new topic, I think it answers all your questions, but feel free to post or message me directly if you have any others.

Tim
scrape

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 2011 BMW K1300S
GPS: Silver Spring, MD
Miles Typed: 92

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 06:04:03 AM »

Read your report, sounds like exactly like what style of riding I do on my motorcycle weekends anyways.  Hopefully I will be able to meet up with you on the Empire State event in Sept.  I will be doing this one as my initial event.  
spartukus

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: MV Agusta SENNA
Miles Typed: 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 11:03:05 PM »

Tim and Dave,

I hope to see you guys for the Empire State Motomarathon.

As Tim can tell you the event is about challenging yourself. 350-400 per day for 4 days is not easy but not super hard either.
The idea is to ride some of the best roads we can find. Check points are in place to ensure you ride 350-400 miles.
timanderson

Reputation 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 07:27:28 AM »

Yes, it really is not as hard as it sounds.  There is plenty of time for roadside breaks, a leisurely restaurant lunch, and picture taking if you are so inclined.    We were done riding by 4-5 PM, which left the evening to relax and rest up.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal