Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Do you have to own a Honda to join the Honda Riders Club of America?  (Read 2001 times)

sfalexi

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 2010 ST1300
GPS: Columbia, SC
Miles Typed: 498

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: June 08, 2012, 10:56:46 PM »

Hear me out first!!!

Bought a honda CBR250R for the wifey (turning into my bike as of late) and so she got a free membership to HRCA.

The local HRCA chapter is very active and has good rides.  I'd like to go on those rides, but I ride a victory vision....

Is it wrong of me to ask to join using the CBR250 as my "reason" and go on most of the rides with my vision?  Can I get a member number of my own even though I personally don't ride a Honda that much?  Where's the line?!  AAARGH!!!

Alexi
Silverbird

Reputation 12

Motorcycles: 2013 ZX-14R
GPS: Failville, CO
Miles Typed: 1441

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 12:40:49 AM »

You like neapolitin icecream huh?

Titties
Kneescrubber
King of the 90 flat turn

Reputation 18

Motorcycles: '99 Honda VFR, '73 BMW R75/5
GPS: The western U.S. is strewn with paper maps I've lost from my tankbag.
Miles Typed: 3787

My Photo Gallery

Just a little more

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 08:51:53 AM »

Yes, it is wrong imho. HRCA is a brand specific club. I'm not a member of HRCA but I am a member of a couple of BMW organizations. I don't ride my Honda to their rides.

I'm on ST.N so its not like I'm a productive member of society anyway.   DogBoy
It's the internet.  It runs on drama.    Cablebandit
The difference between fiction and reality is fiction has to be believable.  Tom Clancy
GTS_Rider
Wacko at large

Reputation 53

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: MTS1200ST, V-Strom 1000, '94 Yamaha GTS1000, 2 Honda VF700F's
GPS: E.R. Burroughs Ranch, aka Tarzana, California
Miles Typed: 2819

My Photo Gallery

Lane-Sharing Saved My Life!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 09:22:51 AM »

Yes, it is wrong imho. HRCA is a brand specific club. I'm not a member of HRCA but I am a member of a couple of BMW organizations. I don't ride my Honda to their rides.

On the other hand. Couple people I know got to hang out in the cool BMW-club/hosted accommodations @ the Miller SBK event. It was leaked that you really don't need to own a BMW to have joined the club if you knew far enough in advance...

"I actually felt G-Forces in my face fat" - Streetbike Tommy
naustin

Reputation 4

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: 07 ST1300
GPS: Minnesota
Miles Typed: 1217

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 09:24:04 AM »

Honda Riders have a very low ratio of douche bags.  Most of those club events are dominated by GoldWingers - at least in my area.   They are a pretty chill demographic.  Nobody will care what bike you ride.  You are a prospective honda buyer saving money for a Wing.

I'm pretty sure Honda will be happy to accept your membership regardless of make/model you choose to ride - you still Own a Honda at home.  A guy could have a fleet of Honda dirt bikes and show up to the club event on a BMW.   No one would care.   (they'd just give him shit all day about his time-bomb final drive.)

Orson
speshulize in havin' fun

Reputation 79

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '00 Aprilia Mille, '02 Moto Guzzi Le Mans, '04 Triumph Thruxton
GPS: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Miles Typed: 13962

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 09:32:05 AM »

the Guzzi club is pretty tough to join.

You have to prove that you are at least 1/8th Italian, and then you have to prove that none of your family came from within 50 kilometers of Bologna.

ray916mn

Reputation 6

Motorcycles: GSX-R750RG LTD, 916, 999R, 1199S Tri, RS-250, WR426F, Z1000SX, ZX7R M2
GPS: Orono, MN
Miles Typed: 364

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 10:32:36 AM »

I'm pretty sure you do not need to own or ride a Honda to join HRCA.

The only brand specific club that I know of that has an ownership requirement is BMW MOA. You must either own a BMW or be sponsored by two members to join. Years ago a buddy of mine went to one of the large BWM MOA rallies on his Triumph instead of his BMW and was refused admittance. Really pissed him off. Don't know if the events are still run this way.

Personally, I would not join any club with a brand requirement. I understand that some riders have brand preferences but the whole idea of a club being selective based primarily on what people own leaves me cold.

I own a couple of Ducati's and a local Ducati club is always after me to join. Every time I interact with many of their members it drives me the other way. If I never tell them that I own a Ducati, I all too often get a big dose of the Ducati is the best and if you don't own one or can't own one I'm sorry for you. If I tell them I own a Ducati, of course we're best buds. Really??? Of course not all the club members are like this, but brand specific clubs seem to hold a particular attraction for people who believe in judging others by what they own.

sfalexi

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 2010 ST1300
GPS: Columbia, SC
Miles Typed: 498

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »

I mean, personally, I'll ride the CBR250 all day with the club.  But if the wife is coming along, we take the victory cause it's more comfortable.  I guess I can just try to show up, be friendly, and see if I get turned away.  Maybe if they realize I'm not a douche (or at least believe I'm not), I could be fine to stay.

Alexi
Blunder
The 10th Reindeer

Reputation 30

Motorcycles: '01 Bandit 1200S, '13 Volvo/ISX15 Cummins
GPS: The lower 48
Miles Typed: 7584

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 11:05:56 AM »

I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member.

When you come to a fork in the road, lick the spoon.
falconati
you love it

Reputation 44

Motorcycles: Ducati Hypermotard 796, Aprilia Futura, Aprilia Falco
GPS: Madison, WI
Miles Typed: 5766

My Photo Gallery

Baller

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 11:27:39 AM »

-Groucho Marx
Kootenanny
"Not That Good"

Reputation 33

Miles Typed: 4627

My Photo Gallery

Buellshit!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »

CBR250R is a nice bike!  (I've been helping a buddy who has one with his newbie practice, etc.).

I was at a Victory demo a few years ago, rode the Vision.  Another guy there who'd shown up on his Gold Wing, said he preferred the Vision...so... Razz

E=MC2
Kneescrubber
King of the 90 flat turn

Reputation 18

My Photo Gallery

Just a little more

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 07:54:28 PM »

On the other hand. Couple people I know got to hang out in the cool BMW-club/hosted accommodations @ the Miller SBK event. It was leaked that you really don't need to own a BMW to have joined the club if you knew far enough in advance...

What local BMW club would that have been? Beehive Beemers? You're kinda clueless when it comes to marketing.

I visited the Ducati extravaganza at the Laguna Seca GP 06,07,08. Never owned a Ducati. Lots of hot chicks though.  Smile

The difference between fiction and reality is fiction has to be believable.  Tom Clancy
Blunder
The 10th Reindeer

Reputation 30

Motorcycles: '01 Bandit 1200S, '13 Volvo/ISX15 Cummins
GPS: The lower 48
Miles Typed: 7584

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 08:15:23 PM »

I visited the Ducati extravaganza at the Laguna Seca GP 06,07,08. Never owned a Ducati. Lots of hot chicks though.  Smile

Owners of both just sit around and complain about the high maintenance, leakage and lousy warrantees.

When you come to a fork in the road, lick the spoon.
Kneescrubber
King of the 90 flat turn

Reputation 18

My Photo Gallery

Just a little more

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 10:07:46 PM »

Owners of both just sit around and complain about the high maintenance, leakage and lousy warrantees.

Or ride the snot out of them and deal with what comes along without complaining. Approach is everything.

Wink

Mac
Stuck in the 3rd world

Reputation 40

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: 05 ST 1300 abs
GPS: Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan
Miles Typed: 7811

My Photo Gallery

I still can't speak Pashto

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 11:07:23 AM »

I do know one thing about the honda owners clus, if you get their towing insurance, it only works if you are broken down on the Honda.

Decided to ride the Kawasaki instead of the gold wing and blew a tire, forget it. Now they may be nice and call a tow for you, but they will not cover it. Ask me how I know about this sometime.

You'll never be able to enjoy life if you allow every half-witted dipshit with an opinion to ruin your day. - Slartibartfast  Ga

"I had to lay her down" is what people say when they have a near miss, but manage to crash anyway. - naustin
falcofred

Reputation 5

Motorcycles: 2010 Multistrada 1200 S Touring, 07 KTM SuperDuke, 05 Suzuki DR650
GPS: Extreme N.E. Tennessee
Miles Typed: 1055

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 06:54:31 PM »

I joined another Honda club back in 1987, the Honda Sport Touring Association (HSTA).
Prior to Honda starting the "Red Riders Club" we had a lot of involvement from Honda. They used to even bring a Honda semi truck full of demo bikes to our national rally.
The club started as a Honda Saber club, then transitioned into a Honda V-4 club, then just a Honda club, but as we grew many members strayed from the Honda brand, but not the club.
Now we have members with all kinds of bikes, many owners have multiple bikes.
We finally changed the name of the club to the Motorcycle Sport Touring Association (MSTA).

How fast is too fast? How Young is too young? How High is too high?
Cobalt
Jim Thorpe's valet

Reputation 161

Motorcycles: It's 20 years old.
Miles Typed: 2938

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 07:37:06 PM »

Hear me out first!!!

Bought a honda CBR250R for the wifey (turning into my bike as of late) and so she got a free membership to HRCA.

The local HRCA chapter is very active and has good rides.  I'd like to go on those rides, but I ride a victory vision....

Is it wrong of me to ask to join using the CBR250 as my "reason" and go on most of the rides with my vision?  Can I get a member number of my own even though I personally don't ride a Honda that much?  Where's the line?!  AAARGH!!!

Alexi

No, generally everyone is welcome (at least around here).

"Chris is correct." -- bomber
olderigetfasteriam

Reputation 7

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Concours, Honda VTR 250
GPS: Scarizona
Miles Typed: 2200

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 09:59:42 PM »

Try your luck with the H.O.G.?  EEK!

Start the revoltion then, fuckwad. Papa to Raffleboy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal