Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Bob's Excellant Adventure  (Read 754 times)

bobmielke

Reputation 12

Motorcycles: 2005 BMW R1200RT
GPS: Beaverton, OR
Miles Typed: 260

My Photo Gallery

I Am Legend

Ignore
« on: May 27, 2007, 11:12:53 AM »

Ok, so it took me a while to process all the photos & video. Of course I won't include all in this post but had to include a few of my favorites. My friends Warren(logicisme) & Jon(denydog) traveled many miles together on this road trip. We included The Avenue of Giants and the Lost Coast. On the way home to Oregon Warren & I took a chance that Crater Lake would be open & were blessed with some spectacular views of the lake with snow everywhere else. It was 22 degrees that morning as we struck out from our humble motel after scraping the frost off our bikes. We rode just over 1400 miles total taking 3 days to return home via back roads. We enjoyed visits with some wonderful folks and waited 45 minutes for fresh blueberry pie to bake so we could get a slice while it was still hot. Yum! The chef looked really proud of his creations, or what was left of them. Check out the stampede we got caught in upon entering Crater Lake. Seems they were having a cattle drive. Thanks for a memorable first WCRM.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 11:12:57 AM by bobmielke » Logged

2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring
kurtw
Child of the Wind

Reputation 16

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: Tuono, KTMs
GPS: Bend, OR USA
Miles Typed: 1544

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 11:38:25 AM »

It looks like you lucked out and caught Crater Lake at a really beautiful time of the year.  Great meeting you last weekend, Bob!

Kurt's Smugmug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal