Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Blu-ray player and Amazon Video  (Read 3750 times)

DrD
[eom]

Reputation 14

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '15 BMW S1000R
GPS: Reston, VA
Miles Typed: 1502

My Photo Gallery

Just passing by

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2014, 05:37:44 pm »

We have a Panasonic Blu-ray player.  Dot signed up for Amazon Prime last year.  We recently realized that she gets Amazon Video as part of the deal (it only took us a few months to realize that   ) .  Anyway, the instructions for the Amazon Video tell me to go to the apps part of the player, look for Amazon Video and bring it up.  After that, a code will appear, etc.  

Problem:  There is no Amazon Video app on the player.  The Amazon Video site is useless for advice on what to do.

What am I missing?  Is this limited to certain Panasonic players?  Or am I just overlooking something?

BTW, Google isn't much help.  If 'Amazon' is in the search, then the first 100 links are to amazon.com.

Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Bounce
FJR1300

Reputation 104

GPS: USA
Miles Typed: 1507

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 07:34:06 pm »

Each device mfgr chooses which apps they put into which device. Amazon Prime video is pretty slim in support outside of Fire TV or using your computer browser (feeding it to the TV via WiFi or cable).

Some set top boxes are adding it, but whether or not your smart TV, blue ray player, etc. has it is something that you'll need to check at the mfgr's site for that device.

Check for downloadable updates for your player.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:22:38 am by Bounce » Logged

FJR-Tips.org

IBA #285
Andrew
If you think education is expensive try ignorance

Reputation 46

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09
Motorcycles: YA I got a few
GPS: Left Coast
Miles Typed: 4801

My Photo Gallery

May you hear the music as well

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 10:06:23 pm »

This may be of no help

Wife is also a Prime member, well never used it for a while until we bought a BlueRay player from Costco (sony something about $68 I think)
well it had the amazon app (and a whole lot more apps) put in the code and been using it for about 3 years now.

In short I have no idea how to add an app to your player but for a lot less than $100 you can get another player with it.

"Wild seeds grow in the sand and rock, may the four winds blow you safely home again"  GD
"Small wheel turn by the fire and rod, Big wheel turn by the grace of God Everytime that wheel turns round it's bound to cover a little more ground"
Advertisement

squeezer
Squirrelly Geezer

Reputation 83

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: 16 Tiger XR(x)
GPS: The OC
Miles Typed: 5553

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 11:08:11 pm »

What Bounce said. You'll have to wait to see if it gets added in an update or buy another box.

For the record, we watch it on Roku.

Dang. I missed Ed's birthday again.
IBA, AMA, AARP
mist

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: '93 GSX1100G, '08 FJR
GPS: Ypsi Twp, MI
Miles Typed: 118

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 05:22:45 pm »

I have a Panasonic Blu-ray player DMP-BDT220. After plugging in the cat5, turning it on, and selecting the network option a firmware update was needed. The latest is v1.63. After this selecting the network brings up the apps screen. From Amazon the only option is Amazon instant video. Prime is not offered for the Panasonic viera network. Hope this is helpful.

MIchiganSportTourer
Bounce
FJR1300

Reputation 104

GPS: USA
Miles Typed: 1507

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 05:25:17 pm »

Even the Kindle Fire TV buries the FREE (Prime) video under several clicks to get to the option. Search for a title, select the title, look at the prices (instant, DVD or OTHER). Under OTHER is where the free Prime option is there for those titles that offer it.

They're trying to drive casual, careless, and clueless to pay for something they might already have available for free.

FJR-Tips.org

IBA #285
mist

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: '93 GSX1100G, '08 FJR
GPS: Ypsi Twp, MI
Miles Typed: 118

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 10:48:44 am »

I have a Panasonic Blu-ray player DMP-BDT220. After plugging in the cat5, turning it on, and selecting the network option a firmware update was needed. The latest is v1.63. After this selecting the network brings up the apps screen. From Amazon the only option is Amazon instant video. Prime is not offered for the Panasonic viera network. Hope this is helpful.

One other thought, did you go to your amazon.com account and register your player. It looks like amazon's recent update of the instant video app has added Prime.

MIchiganSportTourer
djacobsen5116

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: 2009 FJR1300
Miles Typed: 88

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 01:45:05 pm »

I bought a Samsung BluRay player a couple of months ago and stream videos from Amazon Prime with it.  Took awhile to get everything set up with my wireless hub and Amazon Video takes a little bit of time to load but the service works.  Tons of stuff available free with my Prime Account  and some decent programming that I don't see on my Comcast cable TV connection.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal