Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 227   Go Down
Print

Topic: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here.  (Read 1135487 times)

turbodave_98

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 06 FJR 1300 AE, 1991Honda ST 1100, 05 YZF-R1, 05 KLR 650
GPS: Rancho Cucamonga CA
Miles Typed: 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: April 06, 2007, 02:14:32 pm »

Just Checking In, Glad I found this forum.

TurboDave
ClampChef
E Clampus Vitus(NO KNOWN CURE) IBA #14500 BBG, 100CCC,CA24,LASS1k,B2B XTREME,CA 24/WORD
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

kenga

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2001 Suzuki GSF1200S
GPS: Metro Boston area
Miles Typed: 114

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: April 06, 2007, 02:24:16 pm »

Hi folks,
I'm from Central MA, found my way here from Maximum-Suzuki.
My ride is a 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S, Cortech Sport-bags and a few minor mods.
Longest ride to date: Worcester MA to Kitty Hawk NC.
16+ hours down, ~12 back - timing is everything.
Gotta say, the Chesapeake Bay Bridge at midnight in the fog is an amazing sight.

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintances - I'm sure I'll be spending a fair amount of time here.

I have a question, maybe someone can tell me.
On long rides, say 4 hours+ - does your butt get less sore the better shape you're in?
I'm hoping this is the case ...

Cheers!
kenga
Somebuddy

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 05 Concours
GPS: Ponoka, Alberta
Miles Typed: 82

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: April 07, 2007, 01:36:40 am »

Hey everyone, checking in from Central Alberta, Canada.  Buddy of mine told me about this forum, sure like what I see so far.  Been riding some form of motorized two wheel transportation for over 30 years.  Current ride is an 05 Concours.
Advertisement

oconnor

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 01 cbr 929 99 vfr 05 r1 raven
Miles Typed: 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: April 07, 2007, 12:34:04 pm »

Hi Everyone Im joel and I live in canada.  I am a sport touring junkie just like the rest of you and ussually put 20 000kms or so a year on my bikes.  Im a millwright, machinist buy trade and own my own small company making motorcycle riser bars.  I am planning a trip  this spring end of may to the cabot trail in nova scotia  with my wife and am really looking forward to it.  My wife rides a ninja 250 but will probably upgrade this year now that she has one year under her belt riding.  Happy riding everyone.
squeezer
Squirrelly Geezer

Reputation 83

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: 16 Tiger XR(x)
GPS: The OC
Miles Typed: 5553

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: April 08, 2007, 12:46:25 pm »

Another PA rider -- and plan on switching a few things in my schedule to make the Clearfield gathering on April 22.

'03 FJR, which I picked up last summer, retiring an '86 Concours.  I guess I like used sport-tourers.  I'm an occasional (1-2 a year) LD rally guy, bike commuter (State College to Altoona), and day ride guy.  Great site!  Great to be here.

And that "All Your Road" shirt is just awesome.   Lol  Gotta get one of those.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 12:55:35 pm by squeezer » Logged

Dang. I missed Ed's birthday again.
IBA, AMA, AARP
Grinnin

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: CB360, CX500
Miles Typed: 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
Yo
« Reply #565 on: April 09, 2007, 04:30:13 am »

Can a rider with a CX500 possibly participate in a sport-touring forum?  (That's rhetorical, not a hijack.)

I've been riding a couple of years and have plenty to learn.

I have bicycled all my life and REALLY like speed, so I didn't think I'd be safe on a motorcycle.  I pursued early retirement (45) and really have slowed down in many ways although the bicycles still scoot along just fine.  In the motorcar, though, I am far more relaxed than previously.  (Not that I was dangerous; 2 car accidents and a few bicycle biffs including a few years of racing in the '90s.)

One day I came around the last bend before home and saw a motorcycle that didn't look too big and a sign with an amount that wasn't too big ($350.00).  Later that day I owned a motorcycle.  My neighbor had had a stroke a couple of years earlier and it was obvious that he wasn't going to be riding any more.  You may not believe it, but I got insurance, state instruction, and a permit before I ever took it out on the road.  The CB360 took me around the state on various projects and tours then to NH and eventually Ohio.

Maine roads are not kinked but they're not straight either.  Most are continuous sweepers.  (Life is hard, ain't it?)  So the motorscoot provides the lean angle on these roads that bicycles don't.

I'd been intrigued by the CX500 design and saw an ad for one last fall ($350.00 again).  The bike didn't have a battery which allowed the seller to disguise the fact that the stator was shot, so I had a pleasant and instructional project for the fine Maine winter.  (Replacing the stator in a CX is a motor-out procedure.)  I started insurance on that bike just in time for a 16-inch snow in April.  I hope to have it ready for a trip to Nova Scotia in May.  Some of the luggage I made for the 360 fits the 500.  I'm certain to have it sorted before this year's Ohio trip.

Retiring early leaves me with a small budget but I really like the hours.
STeed

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: ST1300, Vulcan 800 classic
Miles Typed: 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: April 09, 2007, 06:29:15 pm »

Glad to be a part of this forum as there is a lot of interesting stuff to read and lots of answers to questions I have or may have. I currently live in Sarnia Ontario Canada which is right on the US/Canadian border and work in the automotive industry. I have rode the dragon in the South and seen whales at the top end of Newfoundland to the East. Over the years I have owned many different styles of bikes and now ride a new ST1300 which is by far the most fun and versatile bike to date. I look forward to possibly meeting some of you and if nothing else sharing trip logs and stories.  

No greater pleasure then the road less traveled
BLUELINER

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 03 BANDIT 1200N
Miles Typed: 24

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: April 10, 2007, 08:41:24 pm »

just found this forum been reading over it the last few days just wanted to say alot of good topics and learned a few things look foward to reading on thanks

happy riding
bubba zanetti

« Reply #568 on: April 10, 2007, 08:48:02 pm »

Hey everyone, checking in from Central Alberta, Canada.  Buddy of mine told me about this forum, sure like what I see so far.  Been riding some form of motorized two wheel transportation for over 30 years.  Current ride is an 05 Concours.

Kewl ... tow guys from Ponoka !!!  Bigok

Welcome all !!!
Bearly Flying

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 05- FJR 1300, 85- FJ 1100
GPS: Ponoka, Alberta
Miles Typed: 252

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: April 11, 2007, 04:33:30 am »

Ya, They let us out on our good days.....
VFRFFP

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: VFR 800 VTEC
Miles Typed: 2

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: April 11, 2007, 05:38:39 pm »

Pretty sweet environment here.  Everything from bike comparisons to carrying weapons to having sex on your motorcycle.  I happened on this site randomly and am glad I found it.  Seems like everyone here can bring up topics instead of avoiding them and manage to disagree without getting "owies" over it.  I fell in love with this Sport-touring stuff after getting an '03 Interceptor and getting suckered into an Ironbutt from Denver to Calgary, and am pretty impressed with this silliness so far.  A nod to those who take the time to run this computer stuff, and hello to the rest of you knuckleheads.
DredheadV2.0
Descendant of terrorists

Reputation -94

GPS: Las Vegas, NV
Miles Typed: 13198

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: April 11, 2007, 06:15:15 pm »

I have a question, maybe someone can tell me.
On long rides, say 4 hours+ - does your butt get less sore the better shape you're in?
I'm hoping this is the case ...

Cheers!
kenga

Weclome from another Bandito.  And yes, if you have better circulation and a generally higher fitness level, the soreness comes later and doesn't last as long.  For tips on LD riding comfort, please visit the Iron Butt forum.

FWIW, I did my first SaddleSore 1000 not long after I got the Bandit in 2002, and did it on the stock seat.  Though me buns were cryin by the end of it, the next morning (er... midafternoon, when I got up) I was fine.  Stretching before heading out and during breaks helps mightily.

I must drink beer.  Beer is the mind-killer.  Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration.  I will face my beer.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me. 
VFRFFP

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: VFR 800 VTEC
Miles Typed: 2

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: April 11, 2007, 07:27:53 pm »

Weclome from another Bandito.  And yes, if you have better circulation and a generally higher fitness level, the soreness comes later and doesn't last as long.  For tips on LD riding comfort, please visit the Iron Butt forum.

FWIW, I did my first SaddleSore 1000 not long after I got the Bandit in 2002, and did it on the stock seat.  Though me buns were cryin by the end of it, the next morning (er... midafternoon, when I got up) I was fine.  Stretching before heading out and during breaks helps mightily.

Another huge assist is lower back exercises on those exercise balls.  Dredhead is right, better to spend time on conditioning than on aftermarket seats.  Stock seat on by Interceptor worked just fine on my SS1k too.
BHW

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 02 Aprilia RST Futura
GPS: Raleigh, NC
Miles Typed: 373

My Photo Gallery

RST1000

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: April 11, 2007, 09:29:37 pm »

New guy here. Recently purchased an 02 Aprilia RST Futura....was riding an 02 Yamaha Road Star Warrior...felt it was time for an upgrade. 35 years young, live in Raleigh, NC, married with one son.
DredheadV2.0
Descendant of terrorists

Reputation -94

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: April 11, 2007, 11:05:52 pm »

Pretty sweet environment here.  Everything from bike comparisons to carrying weapons to having sex on your motorcycle.  

You've hit all the high points, I see.   Bigok

Welcome, but for the love o' pete don't ask anyone where's the best place to hide your stash on a bike.   Crazy

I must drink beer.  Beer is the mind-killer.  Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration.  I will face my beer.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me. 
JoeKC

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Aprilia Futura
Miles Typed: 19

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: April 12, 2007, 01:33:48 am »

Welcome, BHW- between this and ApriliaForum, who could want anything more?

IBA# 27008
Hogboy

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Concours
Miles Typed: 9

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: April 12, 2007, 07:37:36 pm »

Esteemed Gentlemen and Ladies, nice to join the gang here.  

I'm an escapee from the Concours Owners Group gang at the urgings of Dr. Rich Emerson (International Trouble-Maker Extrordinaire). I'll give it a little while to see if I should sue or not:)

Been riding since Christ Was A Cowboy (OK to say that here?) and have plenty of busted bones and rides in the back seat of cop cars to serve as testament.

Check out my website if you like stories of stupid bike adventures.  Also have a number of really bad songs about the Connie (go figure).  You might not want to visit this site at home...

http://www.peterhogboy.com/index.html

p.s. kudos to the sloggers who set-up and maintain this site - really good stuff indeed!!!

"The time has come", the Walrus said, "to speak of many things.  
Of ships and sails and sealing wax.  Of cabbages and kings".

- Carroll

The time has come to travel while the oatmeal-eaters tarry at their fort. To this end, I have chosen a train of stout dogs to pull a toboggan of trade goods. We are eager to proceed and the dogs are b
DredheadV2.0
Descendant of terrorists

Reputation -94

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: April 13, 2007, 04:07:55 pm »

Esteemed Gentlemen and Ladies, nice to join the gang here.  

I'm an escapee from the Concours Owners Group gang at the urgings of Dr. Rich Emerson (International Trouble-Maker Extrordinaire).

Ain't that the truth.  Razz

Well, welcome, nevertheless.  Bigok

GooseMan

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 2005 Triumph Sprint ST
GPS: Los Angles, CA
Miles Typed: 743

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: April 13, 2007, 04:56:52 pm »

Hey all! I'm new here (obviously) and just wanted to say hi!

I've always been interested in cars and bikes, but I guess I've really gotten completely OBSESSED with motorcycles, and in particular, touring, because of The Long Way Round with Ewan McGregor (yeah....you know what I'm talking about).

I really love travelling, I love the open road, and I love driving, and this show really opened my eyes. I tell ya, I watch that show (or anything similar..even looking at pics from members here) and it gets my blood pumping!

I'm in the midst of taking my mandatory riding course (kind of a pain to get your license in Quebec), and my first bike will be an older Suzuki Bandit 400 to learn on.

I probably wont be taking any major trips until I have some good experience and get REALLY familiar with riding etc..but I'm really excited and already planning my first trips (a trip from Montreal to the Gaspe pennisula seems pretty interesting).

Anyway...I'll be posting it up everywhere with tons of questions etc....so keep an eye out  Lol

-Jon
ZED

Reputation 1

Years Contributed: '07, '08
Motorcycles: '05 Kawi KLR 685 street tard, '07 Ducati ST3s, '13 CRF250R Supermotard, '15 yz25fx
GPS: Calgary, AB, CA
Miles Typed: 1645

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: April 13, 2007, 10:34:43 pm »

Hey all! I'm new here (obviously) and just wanted to say hi!
I probably wont be taking any major trips until I have some good experience and get REALLY familiar with riding etc..but I'm really excited and already planning my first trips (a trip from Montreal to the Gaspe pennisula seems pretty interesting).

Anyway...I'll be posting it up everywhere with tons of questions etc....so keep an eye out  Lol

-Jon

Welcome aboard Jon!  Smile

Don't be afraid of taking long trips early on.  Long trips will teach you a lot and your skills will improve hugely!  Build up to them though, first day trips, then weekends, then weeks...  Next thing you know you're riding RTW. Bigsmile

Life is a highway...or a dirt road!
Tread Lightly. Dirt bike with street tires!
http://www.rockymountainmotards.com
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 227   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal