Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 227   Go Down
Print

Topic: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here.  (Read 1135446 times)

ZB3

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2005 Kawasaki Concours, 1981 BWM R100CS
Miles Typed: 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1260 on: June 10, 2008, 10:04:01 pm »

Hi everyone my name is Wayne.  I have been watching this site for awhile.  Tomorrow I ride from Oregon to New York and then putz around the country on the way back.  I ride a 2005 Kawasaki Concours which replaced a 1981 BMW R100CS.  Ride safe, Wayne
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Black Ice

Reputation 14

Motorcycles: '04 ZZ-R 1200 "Diana"
GPS: In your head
Miles Typed: 4364

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1261 on: June 10, 2008, 10:13:30 pm »

Welcome to the asylum, all.   Bigok  Be aware...once you've been sucked into STn, there is no turning back.  You will have...

...NO LIFE.   EEK!

Lol
geester

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 2009 kawasaki zx-14
GPS: lenexa ks
Miles Typed: 36

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1262 on: June 11, 2008, 04:02:56 pm »

Hello fellow riders!  Lucked onto this site recently, and am glad I found it!  My name's Dan, been street riding for 25yrs, through a string of great bikes.  Gpz's, Fj's, a K12rs.  The stable currently holds an 07' R1, and an 89' fj1200.  They're both fantastic rides, the fj of course the more versatile (and comfortable) of the two.  Glad to have found your forum!  Thanks.  Smile

How you make your living is where your talent lies.
Hemingway
Advertisement

NorthOfDallas

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Gen1 FZ1
Miles Typed: 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1263 on: June 12, 2008, 04:00:15 pm »

I've been a lurker for some time and felt it was prolly time to poke my head out and say hello.  I'm friends and neighbors with TwistedPinion who kept talking about this site.  Since then I've found myself agreeing with most everything posted.  

I ride an 02 FZ1 farkled with GPS, Heated grips, Givi topcase, tourmaster saddlebags, and other things I can't remember.  Its been lowered to fit my sawed-off inseam.  I was an old-school KZ rider for the last 15+ years, so I come to sport touring with UJM sensibilities.  In other words, I prefer bikes that do many things well, rather than single focused.  

See y'all on the road...
Corey

1981 KZ750e. - Gone, but not forgotten
2002 FZ1, Yosh, Holeshot jet kit, Givi rack and topcase, heated grips, Garmin 2720, lowered 2", highway pegs.  Its the blue that makes it faster.
tejas_rider

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: See my Sig.
Miles Typed: 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1264 on: June 12, 2008, 09:59:12 pm »

Howdy from down south. Just purchased an 08 Ninja 650r bout 1 month ago. Just found this site and i'm still poking around. I like what I see so far and it seems to be more in line with why my bike was purchased. I.E. sport touring.  

2008 Ninja 650r - Just for fun
2002 XR 280 - Tractor
1989 YZ 125 - Basket case 1999 KTM Sr 50 - Kids 2006 KFX 50 - Other kids. 2001 LT 170 - X-wifes (hardly ridden just like her)
oblivion

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 1981 Yamaha XJ750 Seca, 2008 Yamaha WR250R
GPS: Chicawaukee, Illisconsin (near a nuke plant)
Miles Typed: 280

My Photo Gallery

I <3 my Dorksuit!

Ignore
« Reply #1265 on: June 13, 2008, 03:00:51 pm »

Signed up last week, and forgot to do an intro here.

If sport-touring.net is "The home of triple digit sightseeing," I'm not going to be at home here since I'm a double-digit commuter 95% of the time.  But so far, in just a week, I've meet some cool folks, Gotten out of the house on a Sunday morning to make a 2-wheeled coffee run, and will be getting an assist with slapping on new tires this weekend, so I think everything will be OK.

I'm still on my first bike, an '81 Yamaha XJ750 Seca with a Vetter fairing and K&G luggage rack/sissy bar.  The original owner put 11,5k on it by 1992 when I bought it and I've (only) put on another 15k or so since then (half of those were in the first 3 years.  A few years ago I had to gut and rebuild the carbs, brakes, forks, and even the fuel petcock so now we've really bonded.  And she runs better than she has the entire time I've had her.

I got my license (on the XJ) THEN to the MSF BRC a few months later.  I just took the ERC in May which is where I first heard of S-T.N (thanks to Ears' license plate holder and/or sticker).

The first bike I ever rode (around a parking lot) was my buddy's V-Max - very trusting buddy, very nutty bike. It was then I decided I NEEDED a motorcycle of my own. Of course the day I bought it I blew the engine out of my car, so for 1.5 years it was my only ride. I grocery shopped through Chicago winters for me and two roommates.  Good times.

I'd better stop rambling. So that's the short version.  See you around.

Ride to work, work to ride.
Neoluddite

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 92 Ducati 900ss, 78 Moto Guzzi V1000, 82 Suzuki GS750, 93 Concours
GPS: Chicago
Miles Typed: 2

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1266 on: June 16, 2008, 01:24:54 pm »

FNG Alert:

Greetings All,

I recently met some of ya'll at the Eureka Springs meet (thanks DredHead Alan for bringing me along), I figured I would sign up.  

I'll probably be posting many, many, stupid questions as I really enjoyed the trip and now am beginning a search for a proper ST bike. I road to ES on my 900 Supersport and last year rode to Cali and back on a 82 GS750.  I enjoyed both trips but am now convinced I need something, uh, roomier.

I met a bunch of great people last week and this site seems like a great resource/meeting place.

Thanks for having me.

Michael
DredheadV2.0
Descendant of terrorists

Reputation -94

GPS: Las Vegas, NV
Miles Typed: 13198

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1267 on: June 16, 2008, 02:00:56 pm »

I've known you for more than a decade, and you still can't spell my name right?

Welcome, Mykel!   Bigok

I must drink beer.  Beer is the mind-killer.  Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration.  I will face my beer.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me. 
GS-Rider

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: R1150GS
Miles Typed: 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1268 on: June 16, 2008, 10:07:10 pm »

Long time lurker, second time poster.

I ride from CT, an 1150GS my fourth.  1983 Kaw KZ1000 sold- Triumph Daytona 1200 sold- Aprilia Futura totaled.  

Oddly the GS is the best one yet.  Nothing like the confidence it inspires.

Glad to be here.
ol Rocket
My tail fell off.

Reputation 10

Years Contributed: '06, '08
Motorcycles: Sprint 1050
GPS: Eastern WA
Miles Typed: 1898

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1269 on: June 16, 2008, 10:15:39 pm »

Hello.

It's truly wonderful to see more and more newbies sign up.  There are fabulous stories to be read here.  And riches beyond your imagination.  Civilizations have lived and died while discussing ST.N.  Your children and your grandchildren will thank you for leading them here and they will bless your name.

Stay away from threads started by spinalator.

Thank you.

_______________________________________ _______
 http://homepage.mac.com/mightyq/PhotoAlbum4.
Paradox_Q

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 2005 Kawasaki ZZR600
GPS: Colorado Springs, CO
Miles Typed: 26

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1270 on: June 17, 2008, 12:24:35 am »

Hello everyone!!  This site has provided a plethora of motorcycle information.  
I started riding many moons ago, back in the 80's on a Honda NightHawk S.  I stopped riding when I was stationed in Germany and never got back on a bike until 2005 (sad story, I know).  I ended up stationed in Monterey, CA where I was attending the Naval Postgraduate School and decided that a motorcycle would be the best choice for my commute from Salinas to Monterey four days a week - lane splitting saves so much time on congested roads.  So I purchased a 2005 Kawasaki ZZR 600 which I still currently ride.  Now I'm riding in San Antonio, TX and enjoying some Hill Country rides and my commutes.  I ask myself every ride, why oh why, does Texas not have legal lane splitting...

Q  
2wheels4me

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2009 Yamaha R1, 2007 Honda VFR800 RWB, 2005 Kawasaki Mean Streak
GPS: Lake Villa, Illinois
Miles Typed: 34

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1271 on: June 17, 2008, 04:46:41 am »

Hello, I'm from the Chicago burbs, Lake Villa to be exact. I started riding in 2003, currently have a 2003 yamaha R6, 2005 Kawasaki Meanstreak, and a 2007 Honda VFR800. As you can see, it hasn't taken me long to be completely obsessed and just started taking bike trips last year, loved it! I also commute just about everyday 75(rt) miles for work from spring 40 degree's until fall about 40 degree's. The only time I don't ride to work is in the rain, just rather not deal with the nutcase drivers when it's wet out. Seems like a great site, found it thru a link in a post at a VFR forum.
Neoluddite

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 92 Ducati 900ss, 78 Moto Guzzi V1000, 82 Suzuki GS750, 93 Concours
GPS: Chicago

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1272 on: June 17, 2008, 09:35:09 am »

I've known you for more than a decade, and you still can't spell my name right?

Welcome, Mykel!   Bigok

Wow, a decade...   I must be getting old and my mind's goin.

Sorry Alin
waxwing

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: '08 ST1300 ABS

My Photo Gallery

"It's not about the bike" Lance Armstrong

Ignore
« Reply #1273 on: June 17, 2008, 08:52:03 pm »

Greetings and Salutations!  I joined ST.N because I'm looking to move on from my current ride to something sportier, faster and more enjoyable for the long hauls, although I am getting 55-62mpg on my V-Star1100; and that's 2-up!  I've been checking out the FJR1300 and ST1300 because I have a 30" inseam and can't stand flatfooted on the BMW and make the wife feel comfortable about it.  The ST1300 has the lowest seat position and works well for me but all I'm hearing about is the heat and the high speed wave.  The FJR; hmmmm; my last 2 bikes have been Yammies and I've had issues with each of them.  Plus, the warranty is weak compared to the competitors (1 year vs 3 years).  So, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.  I welcome any and all replies and will respond in kind.  Thanks for lookin'.  Cya around!

Every day above ground is a great day!
zedoc

Reputation 0

Miles Typed: 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1274 on: June 18, 2008, 10:32:03 am »

I was registered at the old site, but I had been away for a while and didn't know it had been down. It is good to be back because my other Motorcycle Forum was getting to be a drag.

Sometimes I get a little silly with my posts. Nothing offensive, I hope, but I do have an, er, unpredictable sense of humor, sometimes.

I don't think I have a photo or avatar to post. I;ll work on that.
miguel

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2003 Yamaha FJR

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1275 on: June 19, 2008, 11:07:44 am »

Hello All,

I just joined and I want to introduce myself. My name is Miguel and I live in the smoggy San Gabriel valley, in Los Angeles county.  I've been riding for 14+ years and sport-touring for 2 years.  I commute to work almost exclusively on two wheels and my wife joins me on the weekends, riding pillion, for day rides and weekend getaways.  My 12-year-old daughter just about fits into my wife's gear, so she will be joining me on rides as soon as she works up the nerve...she's still a bit nervous about riding.

I hope to meet and ride with SoCal members some time soon.

I ride an '03 Yamaha FJR:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/green_eyed_diablito/rear-1.jpg

I used to ride an '06 Kawasaki Z750S:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/green_eyed_diablito/first%20crash/DSCF2762.jpg

Before these motos, I rode a Honda Shadow that I customized myself, including paint:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/green_eyed_diablito/slowriderright.jpg

And this was my first...a Honda Nighthawk 250:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/green_eyed_diablito/nighthawk.jpg

« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 11:35:17 am by miguel » Logged

Since this life here and now is all we can know, our most reasonable option is to live it fully. - Dr. Paul Kurtz
endo
Huh?

Reputation 10

Years Contributed: '08, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12, '13
Motorcycles: ZZR1200
GPS: Carson City, NV
Miles Typed: 1255

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1276 on: June 19, 2008, 08:06:18 pm »

Hey, you're gonna fit right in here!  Welcome... hope to meet you on the road  Bigok

I live just north of the secret Valley of Tall Gears, where 90 is a casual Sunday drive and 75 feels like an endless school zone.
oblivion

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 1981 Yamaha XJ750 Seca, 2008 Yamaha WR250R
GPS: Chicawaukee, Illisconsin (near a nuke plant)
Miles Typed: 280

My Photo Gallery

I <3 my Dorksuit!

Ignore
« Reply #1277 on: June 20, 2008, 11:39:22 am »

Before these motos, I rode a Honda Shadow that I customized myself, including paint:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/green_eyed_diablito/slowriderright.jpg

Wow, that is CLASS!

Welcome (from a fellow forum newb).

Ride to work, work to ride.
Poddy

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2007 Triumph Sprint ST

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1278 on: June 21, 2008, 03:35:56 am »

Hi All,
Just dropped in as a newbie so its time to say G'Day.
Poddy's the name and a Triumph ST is my ride
Had many bikes over the years, Buells, Harleys, GSXR, Yammies but love the ST (its my second within 12mths)
Live in the Land Downunder near Melbourne at the foot hills of the Dandenongs

Looking forward to meeting you all and learn lots

Cheers
Poddy Bigok
GuyM

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Triumph Scrambler
Miles Typed: 52

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1279 on: June 21, 2008, 01:14:23 pm »

Well howdy. Back on a motorcycle after about 15 years. Am a little scrambled and can't make up my mind if I like carving corners or digging dirt better. Oh heck, I'll do both, happily. Have about 2500 miles on my little Triumph and enjoying every minute of it. Great to be back on a bike. A couple of friends recommended this web site. Happily motoring on here in the Pacific Northwest.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k129/GuyMiner/bike%20photos/Untitled.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k129/GuyMiner/bike%20photos/RI01.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k129/GuyMiner/bike%20photos/IMG_0118.jpg

It's not the biggest, baddest or fastest bike around, but I'm sure having fun on every twisty road I can find.

Regards, Guy
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 227   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal